Port Orleans Riverside

If you like jazz, you can always head over to POFQ at Scat Cats. Eliot Dyson plays there Wed-Sun. There is also beignets in the food court. Both have beautiful grounds.

You are welcome! Just wanted to add another 2c. I have never stayed at WL, although we have been there (WCC) and walked around. Lovely resort, but to just sleep and hit the parks, POR is very nice.

As posted in another POR thread.

We relly like POR. If getting a waterview room though you may be placed near a pool (still water in their opinion). On check in see if you can be moved to a RIVER view as it will be closer to the main building and main pool area. The smaller pool areas can get noisy. We had no issues with the bus service.

We got a waterview room. I do not know if it is by the river or the pool.

POR is my favorite resort!!! A few things you should not miss:

The boat ride to DTD
Walk around the beautifully landscaped grounds
Catch Bob Jackson's show in the lounge - he plays Wednesday-Saturday from 8:30pm until midnight. It's a family-friendly show. But adults traveling without kids will also have a blast. This is a MUST SEE!!!!

I second all of these must sees!!! Bob Jackson was a hoot!!! My kids LOVED him!!! We were there in October 2007 for the first time and LOVED the resort! So peaceful. A little spread out, but the walks around the grounds are lovely! If you enjoy nature, this is the resort for you. Lots of birds, lizards, bunnies. Food court is great too(make your own salads was my favorite). Rooms were always clean, and we never heard any of our neighbors around us. This is our new favorite resort!!!!:thumbsup2

We will be staying at the Port Orleans Riverside Jan 28th to Feb 2nd, I have read that it is a very beautiful resort. I would like any feedback you have about your stay at that resort. Thanks
We go to WDW every year and always stay at POR! It is beautiful! We (dh and myself) stay in the mansions. We love it. It is clean, usually quiet, nice size rooms, and dh loves the food court. We have never had any trouble with the bus or boat system.

We love it!! We stayed there last year and wished that we had more time to just enjoy the Resort. On our first day there we did the Surrey bike around the grounds of both Resorts (POR&POFQ). It was alot of fun. I am sure we will do that again this year when we go in Feb. There are also carriage rides you can do. I would love to that this year at night.

The place was booked but we never heard anyone in the surrounding rooms. In fact on most of our walks we only ran into a few people. The bus stops were never full (going to the parks).

We had a choice between POR or spending another $500 to stay at my dream Resort POLY. In the end we decided it made sense to go back to POR because we enjoyed it so much. I am really looking forward to going again. Oh an when we went the food court was being refurbished. Didn't bother us in the least. But I am looking forward to being able to use the new one this year!

Don't forget the surry bikes! My friend and I rented one and pedalled around the resort. We laughed so hard and had so much fun interacting with the CM's and other guests that it was a highlight of our trip. (we nearly pedalled ourselves into the river at one point...)

We just got back from POR and we *loved* it! I would definitely stay there again!! :thumbsup2

Smily1: I am wondering if there was alot of trees with leaves and flowers around the port orleans resort this time of year, we have only been there in april. We are thinking of a end of feb stay, but I love to see the flowers etc.

Also what section did you stay in and how were the room conditions? We also love that resort.

Deb.

Smily1: I am wondering if there was alot of trees with leaves and flowers around the port orleans resort this time of year, we have only been there in april. We are thinking of a end of feb stay, but I love to see the flowers etc.

Also what section did you stay in and how were the room conditions? We also love that resort.

Deb.

I was wondering this same thing about POR and WDW in general. We will be heading to POR at the end of February and I am very curious to see the vegetation and landscaping. Our last trip to the World was in May so I am expecting to see a difference.

Thanks! :daisy:

Hi, we were there from the New Year until Jan. 12, 08. Our room was a bit disappointing when we checked in. There was a sippy cup left behind from the previous guests that was between the bed and the wall (I found it a few days after we were there, my kids who slept on that bed noticed it from the check in, but didn't tell me). Also it appeared that the room was not vacuumed (there was small bits of left over chips on the floor). The sink also could have been wiped down by the handles. Despite all of this... We enjoyed our stay anyway because our Mousekeeper delighted my kids with the towel animals and elaborate decorations he set up for them. Everyday, the kids would be so tickled to see how our Mousekeeper decorated our room. He was also very, very generous with extra towels as well as other amenities like soap, shampoo and Disney styrofoam cups. My sister joked with me that maybe our room wasn't as clean because our Mousekeeper spent a lot of his time decorating our room for us. The linens were clean, the bathtub was clean and the toilet was clean as well so we overlooked the other little things. Granted, if we didn't recieve all of the other extras, I probably would be discouraging people from staying here.

We have stayed there twice , once in 2005 and once in 2006 and we love it. The landscaping and the buildings are very pretty. We love the quiet pools that are scattered all around. And Boatwrights is very good for breakfast. We haven't been able to try the carriage rides but they are the list for next trip. We hope to be back there this fall :) I am so looking forward to it!

We just got back from our trip this past Saturday Feb 2nd. You were absolutely correct about their breakfast. My husband ordered the bana stuffed french toast nearly every morning. Every one else that replied to my thread. POR exceeded my expectations absolutly beautiful. We stayed in the alligator bayou section building 14. My husband is in a wheelchair our travel agent booked that building because it is the closest to dining and the bus stop. We enjoyed the boat ride downtown and we caught a show with Bob. I highly recommend POR to my friends and relatives. I told my husband that this is probably the most beautiful resort we ever stay at and we have even rented beach house before. Thanks every one for the comments and beautiful pictures.

We love POR. It's so beautiful and relaxing. It's almost like you step back in time. And the boat to DTD is great. Have a great trip!

My friend and her family are going with me and my family in Auggust. We are more excited than the kids I think.
We have reservations at POR both with trundles in them. So thank you for the desciption. One of my lil princesses will fit well on one. hehehhe.
Thanks Brown family for the photos. They were nice.

I can hardly wait to experience my first WDW vacation at POR.

POR is the best resort by far. They have countless activities, and they start even while you are waiting to check in. They have television with classic Disney movies playing with coloring pages for children as well. I think that it is truely a magical hotel. I would check out the bakery for some really big mickey mouse cookies as well. We stay at the hotel every year and it has never failed us yet.

I have only read the last page of this thread, and I can tell you...POR is home:goodvibes to us. Its just simply "home". I can't bring bring myself to stay anywhere else. And as I'm walking along the lush charming little pathways in Alligator Bayou on our last day there, I can assure you there will be tears streaming down my face. Leaving home is always so hard.;) :)

I spent part of my honeymoon there (was Dixie Landings then). I will always have fond memories of the place, I still think it is the best of all the mid-priced resorts. Hope you like it as much as we do. Breakfast was also excellent each morning.

That's neat - we spent our honeymoon at "Dixie Landings" in 1992!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter