POP or All Stars?

We have stayed at both ASMo and POP three or four times each. We like POP just because it's newer and fresher. AS are refurbishing rooms though. The food court and pool seems much more crowded at POP, it just seems larger to me. Could be the last few years were more crowded due to the free dining! At any rate, I would get a preferred room. We had such a long walk the first year at POP it was just too much! We ended up cutting through bushes to get to the bus stops a little faster and hardly used our refillable mugs due to the walk to the food court. AND all those stairs as the elevater was on the far side of our room.

If you're going in the summer, I would say stay at POP. My family and I went down in July of last year for my bff's wedding and we stayed at ASMusic and I will NEVER stay there again in the summer. I was traveling with my DH, my DDs 10 & 7 and my DS 6 so just remember their ages for later.

I would not reccommend staying there in the summer bc of the tour groups that are there :sad2: The tour group (who was from another country, but I won't say which one so as to not offend anone) consisted of 16-17 year olds with very few chperones and those chaperones did little to nothing to control the members of the group. The group was scattered all around the hotel and this really caused a problem. During the day was fine bc we were in the parks and we usually stayed until normal closing time - we didn't take part in the EMH at night bc the of little ones.

During the night was horrible - (from about 1 am - 3 am) all you would hear was kids running and screaming back and forth close to the room doors and at least once a night several of the kids would run back and forth knocking (pounding is more like it) on the doors and waking everyone up. There were multiple complaints to the front desk and security both in the middle of the night and each morning. Also on many nights when we got back to the hotel, we would take the kids for a quick late night swim in the main pool. And of course, you guessed it, they were there too - and of course we saw the random kids making out in the pool - which is not the worst, but when you're traveling with little kids, it's not something you want to see. Well on one of our night swims, I check around the pool to see of there are any spots where I should keep the kids away from (where they would be making out) and everything was fine initially, so the kids are swimming around having a blast. Then about 15 minutes later this couple come into the pool and at first they were just swimming around - no big deal...then they start making out, so I call my kids over and have them stay closer to me away from where they were (If you've ever been, they were near the middle by the 3 caballeros) - I see them swim over the the edge of the pool thinking they were going to get out, but they don't they just stop there, so I then turn to watch my kids do some tricks and something from the edge of the pool catches my attention in the corner of my eye, so I glance over and I notice that the couple are no longer just making out "other things" are going on - and it is blatently obvious :eek: ...so I yell for my kids to get out of the pool right away and my husband goes to the food court and asks for security. It takes a few minutes, but the security person comes over and tells them to get out of the pool -they say something and then the security guard tells them that they can stay in the pool as long as they are swimming. By this time my kids and I are on our way back to the room, but my DH wants to fill the souvie cups 1 more time - the security person is long gone and these 2 ppl are back at it once again. Needless to say, I wrote a very long and strongly worded letter when I got home. :mad:

So, if you read all this thanks for listening. But, this is why I'll never stay at an ASR during the summer - when I went to ASMovies the following Oct. for MNSSHP - it was great and I would definately stay there again during the fall. So I guess it really depends on when you go.

Another vote for POP. I have stayed at Music and Sports and feel the food, and bus service is better at POP. I also think it is more centrally located. They are all great resorts though.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter