POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, we returned from a week long stay at Pop on Friday and were very pleased with Pop. We had two adults and two children (4 and 10months) in our room and it was sufficient size. Slightly small but fine. When we arrived our Pack and Play was not in the room. We also did not have a fridge. I called the "front desk" and questioned the fridge situation. I was told that one was not available. I requested the credit and was informed, after being put on hold, that those were no longer being given as everyone had been informed about the lack of fridges in the rooms. We did not receive any notification through disney and I shared that information. I was told there was nothing that could be done. My husband went to the front desk for another issue and mentioned the fridge again. When the pack and play was delivered so was a fridge. We were very grateful! On the second day of our trip we came back to the room to find two fridges! We were in the 90s section building nine. We were on the fourth floor facing the parking lot and had no noise issues.

We only ate in the food court once and it was fine. We did walk over to AoA one evening and ate in the food court there which was a nice change. Most of our time was spent in the parks and so most meals were there or in the room. I felt that Pop was very well kept and our room was nice and clean. We did not have new bedding. Pools were nice and shuttles were no problem. There were some waits during peak times but we expected that.

Overall we had a great time and would not hesitate to stay at Pop again in the future. Cast members were friendly and helpful. We lost two items during the trip (totally our fault) and both were found and returned to lost and found. Very surprised that we were able to recover both items.

We did have the MB and utilized FP+ and I really liked it. We did not have any problems with the bands. I did notice that the lines for people using the bands were longer probably because they were new and people were unsure of exactly how to use them. For example, often times the fast pass line would be long from the scanner because of people trying to scan the bands. Once you passed that point no problem!

I gained so much information from the boards so please feel free to ask any questions. I am happy to provide any information I can.
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience at Pop! Due to budget issues, I called Disney this morning to change my resort from the Wilderness Lodge to Pop (which I really didn't want to do because WL is my dream resort and I've never stayed there before), but I read good reviews about Pop and I'm saving over $600 by switching to a preferred room there. I've never stayed at a value resort before, but I don't plan to spend much time at the resort anyway, so I think I'll be able to manage.

We leave early next month and I will definitely report back to share my experience. I'm sure it will be an adventure! :banana:

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience at Pop! Due to budget issues, I called Disney this morning to change my resort from the Wilderness Lodge to Pop (which I really didn't want to do because WL is my dream resort and I've never stayed there before), but I read good reviews about Pop and I'm saving over $600 by switching to a preferred room there. I've never stayed at a value resort before, but I don't plan to spend much time at the resort anyway, so I think I'll be able to manage.

We leave early next month and I will definitely report back to share my experience. I'm sure it will be an adventure! :banana:
We stay in standard rooms at the Pop and love it. We use to stay at the Poly, but when we decided to go to Disney with just the three of us last year - we took a chance on the Pop. Like you, we do not spend a lot of time in the resort anyway. We just braced ourselves for a smaller room and not a lot of amenities and were pleasantly surprised! We just got back yesterday from our 2nd visit to the Pop, and are talking about our next trip. For us, we love the location of Pop - we always have a rental car and the Pop is easy to get to the parks and DTD. Also we like the size of the resort. Easy to park and get to the room. Our room was a quick walk between two of the pools which was awesome. The pools are fun at the Pop and the overall theme is really great. I thought the values would be skimpy on theming and landscaping and such, but they are not.

I hope you enjoy your stay and get to stay at your dream resort someday soon. For us, we love not spending a ton of money on our resort stay. We don't have to hunt down discounts and hope for pins! It simplifies that part of our vacation. For so many years we assumed that the resort would always cost more than our park tickets and airfare - but with the Pop, that has all changed. It's a minor expense in comparison now!! :) :) :)

Tried to place our garden grocer order tonight. When we went to pay it said
It couldn't process the transaction. So.I called and they said everything looked good on their end. My husband went to lig into our bank acct and saw that our bank is doing updates so its inaccessible. So because they want to update their system I can't use my credit card....glad I'm not going food shopping, like I do every couple of weeks. And of course they're closed tomorrow because of the holiday. I guess we'll finish our order on tuesday.

Kat016 said:
Tried to place our garden grocer order tonight. When we went to pay it said
It couldn't process the transaction. So.I called and they said everything looked good on their end. My husband went to lig into our bank acct and saw that our bank is doing updates so its inaccessible. So because they want to update their system I can't use my credit card....glad I'm not going food shopping, like I do every couple of weeks. And of course they're closed tomorrow because of the holiday. I guess we'll finish our order on tuesday.

Just got our pmt to go through...phew

We're checking in 10/20 after a short visit at our midpoint, Savannah, Ga.. Really looking forward to this trip!

In regards to POP and magic bands. - In response to the poster who said you will be notified 60 days out, it seems like that's what will happen eventually but right now they are still in trial mode. I'm 52 days out, staying at POP and to date I have NOT received email about magic bands or pre registering for fast passes. I was told I might not get them at all, I just have to wait and check back from time to time.... I'm hoping to get them because it will be easier for us to use the bands. We are 2 adults with 5 kids...so we had to book 2 rooms...we requested adjoining rooms since we are one family unit, but they can't guarantee it....this is causing me stress. Anyone have experience with this? Did you have trouble getting adjoining rooms? Thanks!

I could have written this;) 2 rooms, 5 kids 2 adults! Us either... 60 days out

I just returned home last night. We had an adjoining room and didn't need it or request it. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter