POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Janet..and what section would be best for the pool/food court??

What is everyone doing this (cold in NY) afternoon...

Me?? I am at (ahem...work):rolleyes1 dont tell...just shopping online for last minute deals and things...

Ohh no, I am really creating spreadsheets for my department head and getting ready to go to a 1:30 conference call....:rotfl:

We just got back from Pop this past Sunday and had a great time. We stayed in the 50's section which was farthest away from the main lobby and transportation. I would definately see if you can stay closer as it was quite a walk.

Hi!! We'll be at POP starting 5/16. :cool1: I want to order from Garden Grocer- never have done this before. I just give them the official POP address in Post #1- right? Also, the Garden Grocer website says that they can deliver to your room. Do they do this at POP or will they leave it with luggage services? Thx!

Hi! With a standard room you can request a lake view (this is not a bookable category so not sure what the CM meant by the comment that no lake views were available).

We have stayed several times with a standard room, lake view, 4th floor and we love it!! It is very quiet, and in all our stays we also request (and have been given) the end room (by the stairwell). The ultimate in quietness! :)

Request lakeview, 4th floor, bldg 3 (50s), 4 or 5 (60s); these are fabulous rooms, you will have a great location, and you will be close to the Classic Hall/Busing. :thumbsup2

Love these suggestions. We are going with DD6 and DD2 in August....will the fourth floor become a pain with at least two strollers? Also, we drive and I admittedly do not pack light! :) BUT I love the idea of being on a higher floor. In previous stays at CBR and CSR we stayed on lower level.

TIA!! :goodvibes

Jaaacki-just call and ask them to link the two reservations and there will be less chance you will have to switch rooms. You can also mention it to them at check in, too.

Just for some help in talking the WDW language, this would be a "continuing reservation." We've done this several times and it works fine. I think "linked" reservations in Disney-speak is when you are traveling with friends or family and want your separate reservations linked.

Thanks Janet..and what section would be best for the pool/food court??

What is everyone doing this (cold in NY) afternoon...

Me?? I am at (ahem...work):rolleyes1 dont tell...just shopping online for last minute deals and things...

Ohh no, I am really creating spreadsheets for my department head and getting ready to go to a 1:30 conference call....:rotfl:

I would say the 60s section (bldg 5 & 4).

And yes ... ummm.... at work too! Multi-tasking between DISing and work! :goodvibes

surgery was a breeze had my epi at 1pm and was in back in my room at 3pm too bad i had to stay the night and now the recovery is going great just not being able to do everything u want is not fun
but yes im stalking the dis these weeks:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

:yay: Glad the surgery was a breeze!! Not being able to do everything you want is frustrating, BUT the upside is more DIS time!! :banana:

We just got back from Pop this past Sunday and had a great time. We stayed in the 50's section which was farthest away from the main lobby and transportation. I would definately see if you can stay closer as it was quite a walk.

Glad you enjoyed POP ... were you in Bldg 2? Some of those rooms can be somewhat like being out in Bldg 7 in the 80s.

Heading back to POP three weeks from today with my 20 year old daughter. Some of you may remember that I was at POP last November with my DW,DD24, DSIL, and two DGD's. I developed pneumonia, and my vacation was seven days in a very non-Disney ICU.
The people at POP were so kind to all of us that I am returning twice this year. This May trip is with a bouncy 20 year-old, and the November trip this year will be with a bouncy 3 year-old granddaughter.
In three weeks, I'll feel like I'm at my second home. If you're there during the 14th to 21st, and see a 60 year-old guy grinning from ear to ear, that'll be me.
:dance3:We will be there May 16th to the 23rd. Staying at Pop also.:dance3:

Love these suggestions. We are going with DD6 and DD2 in August....will the fourth floor become a pain with at least two strollers? Also, we drive and I admittedly do not pack light! :) BUT I love the idea of being on a higher floor. In previous stays at CBR and CSR we stayed on lower level.

TIA!! :goodvibes

Depends ... for me it wouldn't be as you have to talk an elevator with the strollers if you are not on the ground floor. But many people love the convenience of the ground floor to come and go with strollers. :)

If you are driving do you plan to use your car during your stay?? You might like to consider a standard room in the 70s ... bldg 10 is a good fit and close to parking.:thumbsup2

Just for some help in talking the WDW language, this would be a "continuing reservation." We've done this several times and it works fine. I think "linked" reservations in Disney-speak is when you are traveling with friends or family and want your separate reservations linked.

Thanks Sandi! Like your suggestion for wording better for when it's the same guest merely checking out and checking back in. :thumbsup2

Janet B - Thank you for the condolences :goodvibes

Carrie R - Your review of the late night POP Food Court is better then some others I've gotten! :lmao: If there is hummus and pitas and things like that then my sister should be ok....I on the otherhand will eat anything when I'm hungry! Thanks!

One more food related question for POP - Do they have Mickey Waffles in the morning??

Janet B - Thank you for the condolences :goodvibes

Carrie R - Your review of the late night POP Food Court is better then some others I've gotten! :lmao: If there is hummus and pitas and things like that then my sister should be ok....I on the otherhand will eat anything when I'm hungry! Thanks!

One more food related question for POP - Do they have Mickey Waffles in the morning??

YES! ::yes::

AND I agree... Carrie R - your food review was very full of info!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Hi Janet, looks like you will be at POP the same time as we are. We will be at POP from Aug 19-23 this will be our second trip to DW and first time at POP. We are staying on a bouceback offer from last Aug. I think I saw that you arrive on the 18th. If you (or any other Diser) see my LGMH be sure to say hi:wave:

Hi all -

I just want to ensure that I have this correct: if we rent a car from Alamo, they are able to pick us at POP?

We want to rent a car just for 2 days - plan a day trip down to Clearwater to see Winter (the dolphin) and hubby's family.

thanks in advance.

Helen:)

Hi!! We'll be at POP starting 5/16. :cool1: I want to order from Garden Grocer- never have done this before. I just give them the official POP address in Post #1- right? Also, the Garden Grocer website says that they can deliver to your room. Do they do this at POP or will they leave it with luggage services? Thx!

Both :lmao:

Our 2008 stay at ASsports, we had checked into our room when they arrived and they delivered it to our room.

Our 2010 stay at ASMusic, they beat us there before we got off the ME bus. They left it with luggage services.

Have the address available of course, but they deliever to WDW all the time and they'll know where POP Century is :thumbsup2

Depends ... for me it wouldn't be as you have to talk an elevator with the strollers if you are not on the ground floor. But many people love the convenience of the ground floor to come and go with strollers. :)

If you are driving do you plan to use your car during your stay?? You might like to consider a standard room in the 70s ... bldg 10 is a good fit and close to parking.:thumbsup2

We will use our car a lot. But I know Pop isn't as big as the mods we stayed at. I just want a fun room and love the idea of the fourth floor and possibly catching some fireworks! Decisions, decisions!!
:goodvibes

Hi all -

I just want to ensure that I have this correct: if we rent a car from Alamo, they are able to pick us at POP?

We want to rent a car just for 2 days - plan a day trip down to Clearwater to see Winter (the dolphin) and hubby's family.

thanks in advance.

Helen:)

Alamo will pick you up but be prepared to book the shuttle pick up ahead of time. I thought we could call and they would come right over (we were at WL at the time) but she told me it was a 3 hour wait! :scared1: Instead I took a cab over to get my car for the day. When we dropped the car off later that day ( we only used it to get to US) they had a shuttle that brought us right back to the WL so no worries there. But just make sure you plan out your pick up from POP in advance!

Alamo will pick you up but be prepared to book the shuttle pick up ahead of time. I thought we could call and they would come right over (we were at WL at the time) but she told me it was a 3 hour wait! :scared1: Instead I took a cab over to get my car for the day. When we dropped the car off later that day ( we only used it to get to US) they had a shuttle that brought us right back to the WL so no worries there. But just make sure you plan out your pick up from POP in advance!

Thank you so much! That is just what I needed to know:)

Thanks so much for posting this. I was also curious about this. We are doing 2 reservations and a 2 night, room only at the very end. Now I just have to remember the "continued" part.
I hope we won't have to change rooms.
We have always stayed in the 50's section. Building 1, 2 and 3. I'm kind of hoping we might get over to the 90's this time. :cloud9:

Hi Janet, looks like you will be at POP the same time as we are. We will be at POP from Aug 19-23 this will be our second trip to DW and first time at POP. We are staying on a bouceback offer from last Aug. I think I saw that you arrive on the 18th. If you (or any other Diser) see my LGMH be sure to say hi:wave:

Yes, we are checking in the 8/18 or 8/19 to 8/25 staying on the FD BB offer from last year. :goodvibes

:woohoo: I will have to get a LGMH (or a lime green ribbon) for my purse. Maybe as it gets closer we can have a DISmeet (and see if anyone else will be there at the same time. :banana:

We will use our car a lot. But I know Pop isn't as big as the mods we stayed at. I just want a fun room and love the idea of the fourth floor and possibly catching some fireworks! Decisions, decisions!!
:goodvibes

Perhaps go with bldg 3, 4th floor - and there is convenient parking as well. :cool1: And who can resist that rascally tramp? :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter