Pop Century Room Renovations

Just backed from 9 days at Pop, we had room 5164 and there was a tub/shower combo :)

Also, I know I read somewhere what type of mattresses they have now but can't find it. What kind do they use? We didn't have any problems with our backs hurting all week, and this morning I woke up and my back was killing me...so time for a new mattress

Also, I know I read somewhere what type of mattresses they have now but can't find it. What kind do they use? We didn't have any problems with our backs hurting all week, and this morning I woke up and my back was killing me...so time for a new mattress

Here's a photo of the mattress type we had in 6156, on both beds: Posturepedic Sayer Prolux Ltd. Plush Pillowtop.

upload_2018-9-4_8-9-36.png

Does anyone know if they no longer offer alarm clocks when you request one from housekeeping? I heard that someone recently tried to get one at POP, and housekeeping said they're no longer available. I wondered if other people have had the same experience. TIA!

I was able to get an alarm clock delivered this week at Pop by calling Disney Services and requesting one.

I was able to get an alarm clock delivered this week at Pop by calling Disney Services and requesting one.
I was told no alarm clocks last fall when I asked for one at Front Desk. Glad they have changed their policy.
Edited to add: I was at AS Sports not POP. Maybe just a resort specific policy.

I was told no alarm clocks last fall when I asked for one at Front Desk. Glad they have changed their policy.
Edited to add: I was at AS Sports not POP. Maybe just a resort specific policy.

It's not resort specific. If you ask housekeeping, they will bring you one. Unless you get an unhelpful housekeeper, they are SUPPOSED to bring you one. Front Desk is not clued in on this unfortunately.

We stayed at Pop 2 weeks ago. Sailed Dream and finished last night at ASMo in a new room. Copy paste from Pop BUT ASMo ‘s bed/ matteress was not as great as Pop’s. Dudnt check label but a definite notch diwn. Bed also lower cannot fit luggage. Also much less storage in bath and room.

We stayed at Pop 2 weeks ago. Sailed Dream and finished last night at ASMo in a new room. Copy paste from Pop BUT ASMo ‘s bed/ matteress was not as great as Pop’s. Dudnt check label but a definite notch diwn. Bed also lower cannot fit luggage. Also much less storage in bath and room.

That is so interesting! A person on the ASMo renovations thread said she had the opposite experience! Preferred the bed at ASMo and felt the room was just a bit nicer overall (I hope I'm not mischaracterizing her experience).

Stayed at POP in May and will be at ASMo in 17 days so look forward to comparing myself. I liked the mattress at POP but didnt feel I needed to run out and get one (and I do NEED a new mattress)

Interesting.

Stayed at POP in May and will be at ASMo in 17 days so look forward to comparing myself. I liked the mattress at POP but didnt feel I needed to run out and get one (and I do NEED a new mattress)
I’ll look forward to hearing your comparison if you get a refurbished room. What percentage of rooms at ASMo have been refurbished?

That is so interesting! A person on the ASMo renovations thread said she had the opposite experience! Preferred the bed at ASMo and felt the room was just a bit nicer overall (I hope I'm not mischaracterizing her experience).
I will post overthere too to get opinions. Our bath was one giant room. First thought maybe we got handicap but showers should be rollin correct? And handles on both sides of toilet?? Was not. Didnt take pics. Sliding door only with toilet looking directly out. Zero shelving. Tons of towel handles. We put one huge suitcases between toilet and sink. Another in corner. So no split toilet/ sink area. Felt toilet location and sliding door lacked privacy ( noise). Room itself seemed larger. Does ASMo have more sqft?
B
Matress definitly not as thick. Bed frame much lower. Mom commented Pop’s was almost too high for older or people with mobility/ pushing ownnweight up issues. .

Last edited:
Request a new room. Not too many avail. We stayed one night. Preferred. Got 8203. Fantasia. We got lucky.

I will post overthere too to get opinions. Our bath was one giant room. First thought maybe we got handicap but showers should be rollin correct? And handles on both sides of toilet?? Was not. Didnt take pics. Sliding door only with toilet looking directly out. Zero shelving. Tons of towel handles. We put one huge suitcases between toilet and sink. Another in corner. So no split toilet/ sink area. Felt toilet location and sliding door lacked privacy ( noise). Room itself seemed larger. Does ASMo have more sqft?
B
Matress definitly not as thick. Bed frame much lower. Mom commented Pop’s was almost too high for older or people with mobility/ pushing ownnweight up issues. .

I think you got some type of "specialized" room (I think some are referred to as "handicap/disability friendly" or something similar. They just have more open space for guests who might be using a wheel chair or walker but don't need specific accommodations.) The pictures I've seen of renovated rooms at ASMovies are nearly identical to the ones from Pop -- different color scheme and a few minor differences but nothing like the things you experienced in your room.

I think you got some type of "specialized" room (I think some are referred to as "handicap/disability friendly" or something similar. They just have more open space for guests who might be using a wheel chair or walker but don't need specific accommodations.) The pictures I've seen of renovated rooms at ASMovies are nearly identical to the ones from Pop -- different color scheme and a few minor differences but nothing like the things you experienced in your room.
Just youtubed a new room. Yes it seems we got some unique room. Bed in video was also much higher. Thnks for clarifying.

I just watched a video on YouTube (thanks for the suggestion @mousefan73) and you’re quite right @bluezy, they are almost identical to Pop rooms.

I will say, after visiting All Star Movies 2 weeks ago and eating in their food court, I would be very happy to stay there once their renovations are done! We were on a bus that stopped at all 3 All Star resorts and i can say it really wasn’t too much time at all.

It’s good to have a back-up resort as there have been times recently when I’ve tried to find availability at Pop and it has been completely full.

Pop is still our favourite by far though!!

Interesting.

I’ll look forward to hearing your comparison if you get a refurbished room. What percentage of rooms at ASMo have been refurbished?

Three of the 10 buildings complete and another starting to open.

Request a new room. Not too many avail. We stayed one night. Preferred. Got 8203. Fantasia. We got lucky.

Yep. It’s my ONLY request on record from when I originally booked and I’ve reconfirmed twice. So we will see what happens.

This is my third pop Reno stay and the mattress seems worse than ever - haven’t slept good but we are leaving for BCV tomorrow- will say if you plan to nap or relax during the day Do Not get a preferred pool room - extremely loud with tv on I am currently sick and tried to nap today and it was a major struggle with the kids screaming and pool entertainment on the speakers

I just watched a video on YouTube (thanks for the suggestion @mousefan73) and you’re quite right @bluezy, they are almost identical to Pop rooms.

I will say, after visiting All Star Movies 2 weeks ago and eating in their food court, I would be very happy to stay there once their renovations are done! We were on a bus that stopped at all 3 All Star resorts and i can say it really wasn’t too much time at all.

It’s good to have a back-up resort as there have been times recently when I’ve tried to find availability at Pop and it has been completely full.

Pop is still our favourite by far though!!
We stayed at ASM in the Summer of 2017 and we also found the food court quite good. The desserts were much better at ASM than at POP (stayed there this Summer) as ASM has a dedicated dessert counter with many choices.

We are staying at the pop century next month. We really want a refurbished room. We prefer the 50's area. Does anyone know if the 50's rooms have been updated yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter