Pop Century Questions...

wishonastar

Earning My Ears
Is there a secret to getting a king bed (instead of doubles) at Pop Century? I understand they are reserved for handicapped...but is there a way to get one without being handicapped? We have "preferred" reservations, but I understand that has something to do with room location and not bed preference.

Also...does anyone have info about what's expected at the food court there?

We have reservations for New Year's week and just want to know whatever we can before we go!

All information is appreciated! Thanks!

I really do not know anything about Pop Century - but hopefully one of our great other posters can help you on this.

As Opening Date becomes closer, I will do my best to provide everyone with this information.

As for the Food Court, I don't know what the exact foods that they will have, besides the standard fare, however, it is quite large with multiple serving areas, so that should provide ample selection.

If all the handicapped rooms aren't booked for people that actually need them...you will have no problem getting one.

We always make the request for a king bed at the all stars. More often than not..we get it.

If not, the maid just has to make two beds in the morning..lol.

How exactly do you get "preferred" reservations? This is our first trip to WDW as non locals, so its the first time I have ever done ressies or packages or anything, so I am still a bit green at it.

Thanks in advance!

"Preferred view" at the All Stars rally means just the closest building to the main area (lobby, busses, food court). Not so much that the View is better. Just the location is preferred.
The real difference? $10 a night.
I would guess PC will be the same set up.
You can request preferred, at the additional cost, when you make your ressies.

I am thinking of booking 2 rooms at pop century for April instead of 1 at POR. I like brightly colored themes and 2 rooms would be more spacious, however I worry about pool crowds and not having a slide. Not having a sit down restaurant is no matter to us, as we wil have a hire car. My BIL stayed at Magnolia bend section in September and said the room was in poor condition, dints and black marks on the walls, worn furniture and bedspreads. We are not the type to complain much, and I know it is due renovation soon.:tongue:

I would agree on our Magnolia experience too. (May 2002)
If Iknew then what I know now, I would have seen about having a GOOD room cleaning or better yet, just switched resorts.
Between a dirty room and it being well worn....... Then other issues too. And we aren't picky. Anyone picky would have made a stink then and there.
We both said too bad the room was not in as good shape as the grounds. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter