Poly Tower Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
FW will get the restrictions next year, I think no one contests that. And everything thereafter. I still don’t see why they’d handle this differently than they handled VGF.

I think because Poly tower is a full fledged resort with rooms, dining and recreation, and BPK was nothing more than hotel rooms.

Thst makes it a completely different situation. Doesn’t mean they won’t end up making it part of it but there had to be reasons why they did not and have not said.

I predict we know in the next 4 months!!

Last edited:
I have not studied but some have said there are times when the PVB cost is more? Not by much but enough to start that VGF can be had for less, especially now with resort studios.
Not anymore. The VGF2 theme park view fixed that. I would expect Poly2 theme park view to be even higher.

But yes, for standard rooms, there were a couple places VGF was a few points cheaper.

I think because Poly tower is a full fledged resort with rooms, dining and recreation, and BPK was nothing more than hotel rooms.

We hope.

Technically, BLT is a full fledged resort with rooms, dining and recreation and even a lobby. Yet, it's constantly criticized for the lack of quick service options, limited dining at Top of the World and a small pool.

We hope.

Technically, BLT is a full fledged resort with rooms, dining and recreation and even a lobby. Yet, it's constantly criticized for the lack of quick service options, limited dining at Top of the World and a small pool.

The initial announcement mentioned dining.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/dvc-tower-expansion-polynesian-village-resort/

I was simply saying that the two projects are vastly different and why DVD mayor may not be taking the same approach as BPK.

Poly tower is being built but also adding amenities to the Poly Village Resort. BPK didn’t do that so I can see why it might go differently.

Last edited:
My guess, part of the existing association. Though resale restrictions really click into gear with 4 resorts on the list.

But how many people truly purchased PVB and an appropriate contract size with the intentions of booking a bungalow in the 11-month window? They're wide open in the 7-month window across the board.

I feel like the typical DVC sales pitch is you can buy what we're actively selling and book ANY of our accommodations. Guides would say you could book VGC when in reality it's extremely difficult. Saying you could book PVB1 if PVB2 is a new association won't actually be a lie outside of spotty availability between Thanksgiving and NYE in the studios.
We did - we bought resale a larger contract and bank/borrow to specifically stay in the bungalows. Why?? Because we unfortunately have to travel over major holidays b/c of the kids schedules - and while in general they are open at the 7 month mark those few popular holidays can be gone when we need it. Also because we stayed in one on July 5th (4th was gone) and fell in love with them. Love it or hate it, they are an amazing marketing tool and would be a hard one to explain to new buyers that they're not getting the bungalows with a new association.

We did - we bought resale a larger contract and bank/borrow to specifically stay in the bungalows. Why?? Because we unfortunately have to travel over major holidays b/c of the kids schedules - and while in general they are open at the 7 month mark those few popular holidays can be gone when we need it. Also because we stayed in one on July 5th (4th was gone) and fell in love with them. Love it or hate it, they are an amazing marketing tool and would be a hard one to explain to new buyers that they're not getting the bungalows with a new association.
Agreed. As a Bungalow fan myself I see many people saying “oh, Bungalows are always available at seven months” and can only conclude that these people are just repeating what they have heard as opposed to relating their personal experience. And yes, I’m sure the DVC guides who will be selling the new tower are fervently hoping that they will be able to say “Wait! There’s more! Come and look at these bungalows, which are also included in your purchase!”

I am glad you enjoy the bungalows, but banking and borrowing aside, I would wager very few people purchased 1000+ point contracts at PVB. The tower will most likely have grand villas with similar views as a bungalow, just multiple floors higher. A guide could still easily show a bungalow or cabin and be correct in saying someone could book that on their direct points.

Agreed. As a Bungalow fan myself I see many people saying “oh, Bungalows are always available at seven months” and can only conclude that these people are just repeating what they have heard as opposed to relating their personal experience. And yes, I’m sure the DVC guides who will be selling the new tower are fervently hoping that they will be able to say “Wait! There’s more! Come and look at these bungalows, which are also included in your purchase!”
I am not "repeating what I have heard." I have personally seen the availability online. I have also seen empty bungalows. I also personally know guests that have received an upgrade to an open bungalow with recovery staying on studio points. My original post was just pointing out the fact that any guide can show a bungalow with a direct DVC sale and explain owners have an opportunity to book it.

To be fair, guides can still sell the bungalows with a purchase….” Look…see those bunagalows over there, your purchase with us allows you to book those too as part of being able to use your points everywhere”

I've read reports of guides showing potential buyers the AKV points chart and telling them they can book a Value studio with a low points purchase at a different home resort. I'm not sure the guides really ever bring up 7-month availability per se, they just act as if everything is available all the time.

Here is something I thought about today. BPK was given only two units..each consisting of 101 rooms, DVD started with declaring half and before it even opened, declared the other half..giving all VGF owners access to those rooms, even when points were not yet sold.

That is not typical and certainly not the model they have always done…including with VDH right now.

So, how will being part of the same association impact for booking at the tower when you have 4 million plus points already out there if they take the same staggered approach for declaring units?

I wonder how this aspect is playing out in discussions.

So, how will being part of the same association impact for booking at the tower when you have 4 million plus points already out there if they take the same staggered approach for declaring units?
That's exactly my question, and one of the major reasons I believe it will be a separate condo association. I know they'll lose some sales to Poly1 owners who won't buy 1/2BR points but would have "topped off" to that amount, but I think that would be a small amount of potential sales.

Far more SSR points were sold than PVB has when they decided to add THV to the SSR association. Definitely helped Disney to sell SSR and use ROFR for some points (even though it was the great recession).

Far more SSR points were sold than PVB has when they decided to add THV to the SSR association. Definitely helped Disney to sell SSR and use ROFR for some points (even though it was the great recession).
If the new PVB tower is light on studios (or even, as one unconfirmed rumor has claimed, has zero studios), the higher point charts needed to book the new room categories in the tower should constrain the demand from existing PVB owners who originally bought points based on staying in studios. At least until they have bought add-on points when the tower points start selling.

I’d have to go back and see how they declared them…if they declared them all at the same time, then it’s like VGF…if not, then it is a little like it,

We do know that getting the treehouses when they first arrived were extremely difficult to book.ll why points were raised so soon after selling those points. And, they only had about half million points to sell for those, and IIRC, SSR was still selling?

The tower is a lot of rooms that won’t be declared right away…I think it’s impact will be much different than the treehouses to start.

If the new PVB tower is light on studios (or even, as one unconfirmed rumor has claimed, has zero studios), the higher point charts needed to book the new room categories in the tower should constrain the demand from existing PVB owners who originally bought points based on staying in studios. At least until they have bought add-on points when the tower points start selling.

But, if PVB studios are typically there for 7 month bookings, couldn't that indicate that many owners who own there trade out to have the 1 and 2 bedrooms? Given all the bungalow points, since those don’t book either, you’d think there’d be some level of demand for the resort?

We don’t know that those who own PVB only have smaller contracts, do we? My guess is plenty have the 150 or more, which gives them enough to book larger units with banking or borrowing without needing new contracts.

But, if PVB studios are typically there for 7 month bookings, couldn't that indicate that many owners who own there trade out to have the 1 and 2 bedrooms? Given all the bungalow points, since those don’t book either, you’d think there’d be some level of demand for the resort?

We don’t know that those who own PVB only have smaller contracts, do we? My guess is plenty have the 150 or more, which gives them enough to book larger units with banking or borrowing without needing new contracts.
Granted, I can book at 11 months so I could be off a little, but I think the “they are always available at 7 months” quote about Poly Studios is a little overdone. There have been lots of times I could not add on a few extra days to my reservation because none were available.

Granted, I can book at 11 months so I could be off a little, but I think the “they are always available at 7 months” quote about Poly Studios is a little overdone. There have been lots of times I could not add on a few extra days to my reservation because none were available.
Poly studios are gone for my week in may 9 months out -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

facebook twitter