Poly Offers

gmflash88

Mouseketeer
So we are 75% sure we are going to choose Poly for our first contract. We have a weekend trip in 10 days and are staying there thanks to an awesome DISBoard-er that rented some points to us!

I've been watching PVB listings for months as well as the ROFR here and other places. My issue is, there seem to sure be a lot of PVB contracts out there (some that have been sitting for months) and basic supply/demand would lead me to believe that I should be making offers notably lower than the current listed prices. How is it that so many contracts are still sitting with asking prices in excess of $150? What am I missing?

Thanks all!

I think there a few items that are causing the increase of PVB contracts.......Poly only has Studios and Bungalows, no 1 or 2 bedrooms. There is the potential for DVD to reallocate points to make the Bungalows more points affordable, but to do that, they would have to increase the points at the studios. Also, I think its tough to get in at the 11 month.

I think there a few items that are causing the increase of PVB contracts.......Poly only has Studios and Bungalows, no 1 or 2 bedrooms. There is the potential for DVD to reallocate points to make the Bungalows more points affordable, but to do that, they would have to increase the points at the studios. Also, I think its tough to get in at the 11 month.
Poly isn't hard to get in at 11 months. It's normally easy to get even at 7 months.

There is the potential for DVD to reallocate points to make the Bungalows more points affordable...
I've seen this discussed a few times, but I don't see them doing that. At least not in any significant amount that is. At the end of the day, there seems to be more advantage to having the studios occupied rather than the handful of bungalows. But yeah, it's possible.

As far as availability, @JETSDAD summed it up. Availability for PVB isn't really much of an issue. We are leaning PVB due to access to the monorail (and the other monorail resorts as a result) and the length of contact.

It still begs the question regardless of why an abundance of contracts exist, what does everyone think the "right" price is on PVB to get some of these contracts to move?

At the end of the day, once I see a contract that meets my preferred UY and desired number of points, I'll be making an offer. It's just that the offer won't be anywhere near the $150 (ish) they seem to be listed for. Am I being unrealistic?

The average sales price last month was $148. (https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-december-2020/) I'm currently in ROFR at $140. There have been a couple of recent reports of Poly contracts taken in ROFR. One was at $128 and another at $117 I believe. I'm now nervously waiting.
That's good information. Thank you. I was looking to make offers in the $135 range and see where it lands. We have AKL as a second choice but the up front savings is undone after roughly 16 years assuming a 4% CAGR on dues.

I think people love Poly but hate the fact there are point hog bungalows and only expensive studios. I think lots of folks purchased Poly but really need more flexibility in their room set-ups. I have toyed with picking up a contract (pre-COVID) b/c of the price (and we fell in love with Poly) but only studios make it harder as our daughter gets older.

Don’t be afraid to lowball. I offered $125 on a Poly contract that was listed for $150, and we settled at $135. To be fair, I made a LOT of offers that got rejected before I landed on that one. But in the end, I got what I wanted.

I try not to pay much attention to the asking price whenever possible. Sellers are always trying to maximize the asking price, and brokers often seem to try to lure those sellers to list with them by incentives of higher asking prices. I bought a Poly resale contract in August; 120 points. They asked $155; I offered $130 and we settled at $140. I gave thought to holding firm at $135 because I think that is the real value of those points, but when I realized I was haggling over a few hundred dollars, I gave in and accepted the sellers counter offer. There have been a few buybacks from DVC on Poly in the last month for what appears to be low prices. I think $135-$140 is reasonable, but that's just me. I don't care about the lack of 1BR's as I don't have any kids.

I try not to pay much attention to the asking price whenever possible. Sellers are always trying to maximize the asking price, and brokers often seem to try to lure those sellers to list with them by incentives of higher asking prices. I bought a Poly resale contract in August; 120 points. They asked $155; I offered $130 and we settled at $140. I gave thought to holding firm at $135 because I think that is the real value of those points, but when I realized I was haggling over a few hundred dollars, I gave in and accepted the sellers counter offer. There have been a few buybacks from DVC on Poly in the last month for what appears to be low prices. I think $135-$140 is reasonable, but that's just me. I don't care about the lack of 1BR's as I don't have any kids.
Thanks for the reply. We are "targeting" PVB due to the contract length and monorail. Neither the wife nor I care for BLT and VGF is out of the price range. I'm still strongly considering AKV, but for us, the pros don't outweigh the cons. I really like 1bd units after spending a week in Sept at an OKW 1bd, but we don't want to buy enough points to do 1bd with any regularity. We are going into this with the intention of having a WDW trip every 18-24mo.

Thanks for the reply. We are "targeting" PVB due to the contract length and monorail. Neither the wife nor I care for BLT and VGF is out of the price range. I'm still strongly considering AKV, but for us, the pros don't outweigh the cons. I really like 1bd units after spending a week in Sept at an OKW 1bd, but we don't want to buy enough points to do 1bd with any regularity. We are going into this with the intention of having a WDW trip every 18-24mo.
You are having the same conversation I had with myself when I was looking to buy. The Poly has always been my favorite as my first trip there was with my family and grandparents in 1984. The monorail is such a selling factor to me and like you; I don't care for BLT and the GF is out of the price I'm willing to pay. When I was contemplating Home Resort, I admit I changed my mind a few times. At one point it was between AKL and BR as I was looking at the cheapest way to get in without buying at OKW or SSR. I eliminated AKL because of location and lack of non-bus transportation options and then took BR off the list given the 2042 expiration. I went into this thinking Poly was more than I wanted to spend, but when I did the numbers over the number of years in the contract, I was sold. Oddly enough, two months after I closed on my Poly resale contract, I stayed at OKW and was upgraded to a 1BR. The space of a 1BR is great, but I don't see myself staying in them every trop, but I ended up adding on a small 25 point contract direct when I got home. So things do come full circle. Good Luck!

Find a price you are happy with and stick to it. I wasn’t willing to pay more than 120 a point. They are out there just need to wait for the right one.

I added on CCV instead of POLY because I was concerned with the possibility of point reallocation with bungalows. Whether that pans out down the road, we shall see. I know it would've been easier to secure a studio here than I will at CCV but I just like CCV more. I could’ve snagged numerous contracts around 130-140 range. I’d prob at watch anything below that. The 2 mentioned here that were taken were obviously so low Disney couldn’t turn it down. They will literally double their money selling them back direct. With so many contracts on the market, I’d take your time and have no regrets lowballing. There’s quite a few that have been on market awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!