Poll- Your Pet peeves

DISNEY FANTASY said:
People who post responses to specific forum questions, but clearly haven't been on that, cruise/ship, or not sailed for some time with DCL, and do not mention that the post.

Ie Q tell me about the Fantasy? but not been on the Fantasy, however still answers,

SOOO TRUE!! LOL Or the ones who have sailed DCL but only on one ship (a classic one at that) and seem to think they KNOW EVERYTHING about DCL and have to be one of the first couple of posters to answer every time someone asks a question. There are lots of people here who are a wealth of knowledge!! The same handful of posters don't need to answer every question but boy they sure feel compelled to regardless if they actually have firsthand experience or not!

And omg heck yes on the iPad thing. Not only is it obnoxious, and obstructive to others around them, but people look ridiculous holding it up to take pictures. It's like they're holding up a cookie sheet.

I agree -- and great analogy :)

Smoking on verandas even though it is banned and cigar smoke in the smoking areas. It drifts all over the top decks.

People trying to pile in an already full elevator.

SOOO TRUE!! LOL Or the ones who have sailed DCL but only on one ship (a classic one at that) and seem to think they KNOW EVERYTHING about DCL and have to be one of the first couple of posters to answer every time someone asks a question. There are lots of people here who are a wealth of knowledge!! The same handful of posters don't need to answer every question but boy they sure feel compelled to regardless if they actually have firsthand experience or not!

I think people posting should make it very clear "if" they have cruised DCL on that cruise, ie if a poster asks...

Recent Alaska cruisers on the Wonder, did you......?

Then if you haven't cruised Alaska on the Wonder, you either do not answer, or declare, I think the answer is xyz but I haven't cruised Alaska on the Wonder personally but did cruise somewhere else.

Also things evolve and change so if your last cruise was say two or more years ago and you haven't been on DCL since, then declare that and say last time I cruised in 2012 it was xyz, so at least readers can validate the information given as to when the experience was.

Like your comment, only been on an Classic ship and then when there is a question on the Fantasy internet, answer and say its slow, how do you know if you haven't been on the Fantasy?? Basing it on experience on another older ship?

Shows evolve with each cast change, food changes, and we know rule change say Platinum cant have Brunch as there free meal now.

My last cruise was August 2013 in Alaska and I feel a little out of date now myself.

But that's my second one.. First:

People who get in the pool almost entirely dressed. shirt, pants and "pool shoes"...especially religious women and "big" people.. disgusting.

Wow... what a mean thing to say... I understand that this is a supposed to be a light hearted thread... but just on the small chance you did not mean it that way... calling "big" people disgusting is really uncalled for and quite frankly offensive. And why would a religious person covering up bother you?

BTW... What weight is acceptable for you to allow people to use the pool? Would you prefer people swim in a bananna hammock/thong rather than fully covered for modesty or comfort as that also seems to be a bothersome issue? :confused3

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...suits-sun-sensitive-popular-article-1.1135240

Based on comments in other posts, the swimwear in the above article is not as hygienic as a regular bathing suite. :confused3

I am really curious about this and so please explain... I have not seen any other posts mentioning this... and neither does the article. As far as I understand... ANY bathing suit that comes into contact with your rear end is unhygenic... be it a thong... a one piece.. or a burkini. Just how do water shoes, sleeves and/or leggings make a difference?

Wow... what a mean thing to say... I understand that this is a supposed to be a light hearted thread... but just on the small chance you did not mean it that way... calling "big" people disgusting is really uncalled for and quite frankly offensive. And why would a religious person covering up bother you?

BTW... What weight is acceptable for you to allow people to use the pool? Would you prefer people swim in a bananna hammock/thong rather than fully covered for modesty or comfort as that also seems to be a bothersome issue? :confused3

I am sorry it came across as mean.
After reading it again it does look that way. Improper attention to grammar and punctuation on my part.
I meant gross as in: gross shoes, gross shirts and pants.
I come from a family of "big" people and i have no disrespect to overweight people at all.

What i meant was: people who walk all over the ship with those pool shoes and then get in the water with them..how is that not gross? or people who just finished eating in the buffet and had crumbs and chunks of salsa sprayed on their shirts and then go in the pool to have those dissolved in the water, how is that not gross?

A religious person with a dress or a full on suit made of pants, long sleeves, head cover, all of that going in the pool, is a pet peeve too not because they are religious (i really don't care about their religion) but because in pools you go in the appropriate attire. e.g. swimming suits.
Would you be ok with someone going in the pool with a burka? or, to be more pc, would you be ok if someone went in the pool wearing jeans, tennis shoes, socks and so on? Just wear a swimming suit. that's what it takes to live in a society. follow the rules.

Anyway, sorry if i offended you or anyone else. wasn't my intention, just expressing some of my personal pet peeves.

I've only sailed once. I was surprised by Internet speed (I realize that it's vacation but i like to check in on a few things). I also saw many kids seemingly alone in the kids pool area that didn't seem comfortable in the water.

I am sorry it came across as mean.
After reading it again it does look that way. Improper attention to grammar and punctuation on my part.
I meant gross as in: gross shoes, gross shirts and pants.
I come from a family of "big" people and i have no disrespect to overweight people at all.

What i meant was: people who walk all over the ship with those pool shoes and then get in the water with them..how is that not gross? or people who just finished eating in the buffet and had crumbs and chunks of salsa sprayed on their shirts and then go in the pool to have those dissolved in the water, how is that not gross?

A religious person with a dress or a full on suit made of pants, long sleeves, head cover, all of that going in the pool, is a pet peeve too not because they are religious (i really don't care about their religion) but because in pools you go in the appropriate attire. e.g. swimming suits.
Would you be ok with someone going in the pool with a burka? or, to be more pc, would you be ok if someone went in the pool wearing jeans, tennis shoes, socks and so on? Just wear a swimming suit. that's what it takes to live in a society. follow the rules.

Anyway, sorry if i offended you or anyone else. wasn't my intention, just expressing some of my personal pet peeves.

Thank you very much for the clarification.. I admit that I might be a bit defensive as my sixpack does have a insulated cooler. ;)

I totally understand about the water shoes... in a outside environment they make a lot more sense than in a pool. And I would agree that a pre-swim coating of food is uncalled for :crazy2: ... I am used to the YMCA where folks have to shower before entering the pool.

But in response to your question (bolded) No... jeans... a dress... tux whatever... street clothes are not appropiate and can damage the pool so ... No. BUT.... a burkini is appropiate swim wear, that is what it is specifically made for... just like a rash guard shirt is made for swimming... or the swim unitard that is popular amoung endurance swimmers. They are swimwear so I have no issue... and in all honesty... I would rather hang out with.. look at and talk to... someone in a burkini type suit than a buttfloss thong ... which always looks uncomfortable to me. .. no matter how large or how toned the 'butt' wearing the said floss.

However... I wiill confess my pet peeve. The pools on the ship. I can't speak for the adult pools... but I went into the family pool once on the Wonder... on my first Disney cruise. Never again.... Blechghhh... tiny tiny little wading pools, that I suspect that are filled with fecal matter ...nevermind the children jumping all over eachother. I am lucky in that I have a pool at home, so in all honesty is not that big of a deal...I will continue to cruise and I can wait and swim in the ocean... where there are still nasty things in the water (and I do not mean kids... but the Ps... poop and pee)... but there is MUCH more water involved.

Mythreeboysandme said:
Adults that come on a Disney cruise without children and then complain about the kids!! What do they expect?? It's a Disney cruise!! Go on another cruise line, not one geared for children if you don't want to be bothered by children. Just my opinion!!

Maybe they aren't complaining directly about the kids but more about the parents??!! And the parents who think that just because they are on vacation they can take a vacation from parenting???

And on our last cruise there were 3700 passengers and only 1000 were under age 18. I don't buy that Disney gears it's product primarily towards kids. KIDS DON'T pay the bill! ;) Kids aren't even Disney's bread and butter since many people don't want to pull their kids out of school for vacation. Summer, spring break, and Christmas are the heavy times for kids. The rest of the time, adults clearly outnumber kids. Disney knows it is business.

Mythreeboysandme said:
Umm...ya they are!! That's why it's my pet peeve!! It was my opinion!! ?de0a

I accidentally hit send before I was done typing my full response. Go back and read the whole thing now....

Maybe they aren't complaining directly about the kids but more about the parents??!! And the parents who think that just because they are on vacation they can take a vacation from parenting???

And on our last cruise there were 3700 passengers and only 1000 were under age 18. I don't buy that Disney gears it's product primarily towards kids. KIDS DON'T pay the bill! ;) Kids aren't even Disney's bread and butter since many people don't want to pull their kids out of school for vacation. Summer, spring break, and Christmas are the heavy times for kids. The rest of the time, adults clearly outnumber kids. Disney knows it is business.

I agree! Especially the part about parents who think because they are on vacation, they can vacation from parenting!

Cruise passengers who flush items other than human waste and toilet paper down shipboard toilets. Then they are so surprised when the toilets in an entire section of the ship malfunction and back up, and let's not forget the unmistakable "eau de toilet" smell that hangs in the corridors for days as a result!

Cruise passengers who believe the rules do not apply to them, or their offspring.

People in the public restrooms who do their business and leave without washing their hands.

Unsupervised kids running up and down the cabin corridors.

Tablemates who show up 20+ minutes late to dinner EVERY night.

Definitely the iPad photos! So annoying.

Wet swimsuits, no coverups and/or no footwear worn into the buffet. On our Last cruise a man was literally sopping wet, wearing nothing but a speedo, and bellying up for a bite
Oh yes. I have seen people wearing shorts to dinner :scared1: even on formal night. I can't believe they ALLOW people to wear shorts to dinner

People who talk during the shows. Some try to whisper, some not. It doesn't matter, we can still hear your voice, and it is very disruptive. The bottom line is this: If you open your mouth WE CAN HEAR YOU.

And, don't show up AFTER the show has started and start looking for seats. Sit your butt down in the back row. When you come in, stand around and try to look for seats, you are in our way and disturbing everyone. You should have arrived well before the show began to look for the perfect seat LIKE MY FAMILY JUST DID!!

Soooo rude to show up late, it drives me absolutely nuts!

I understand. I have seen some of this on past cruises :furious:

People who get in the pool almost entirely dressed. shirt, pants and "pool shoes"...especially religious women and "big" people.. disgusting.

WOW, nice thoughtless post. I am an average sized woman and I go in the pool with a bathing suit on AND a t-shirt. Why? Because I've had three bouts of skin cancer and just as many surgeries and I want to protect those area on top of the sunscreen I use!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter