• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Point Ownership

How many total points do you own?

• 0-50

• 51-100

• 101-300

• 301-500

• 501-700

• 701-900

• 901-1200

• 1201-2500

• 2501+

Results are only viewable after voting.
...I see where we can cut back if needed, but at the moment it's not needed.
I would consider selling some points, but the wife won't let me! :)

MG

I notice that it those of us who post here seem very rational about how many points we should own. However, it seems that it is the spouse who prevents us from being more frugal. I do hope that those spouses do not look at our posts for we all will be forced to fess up and admit that we would not sell any points either. :rotfl2:

We have 570.
420 at SSR
150 at AKL
So far we have been in constant borrowing mode. But we have taken family with us twice. I also rented points to my best friend last Oct. She was going and my air conditioner had to be replaced. Now that we bought more points at AKL we are taking my mom and my nephew for a week in Oct. I don't know if we will ever get to a point were we bank points but oh well.

Total of 200 at BWV (150 & 50), 165 at SSR and 100 at AKV. We started at SSR, then added on BWV because we love it so much and wanted the 11 month advantage. AKL is our favorite, so we couldn't resist.

600 total - 300 at Saratoga and 300 at The Boardwalk.

150 BWV
180 VWL
200 AKV

530 total

185 at SSR
105 at AKV

For a total of 290, and for the first time ever we'll be banking points, all 11 of them. ;)

Our new thing may be to book a room for the day prior to arrival so our room is ready when we get there in the morning.
MG

My hero! :goodvibes To have the luxury of spending an extra night's points... I can only dream about it now...

We currently have 270 points at BWV in two contracts, but will be adding on at CRV if/when that happens.

-Michelle

Just bought 250 at SSR (in 2 contracts) in Dec. (Will add on at AKV if the darn lottery ever comes thru for us!!)

600 total

300 VWL
300 BWV

with 3 or 4 kids coming with us, the points go quick on the 2 bedrooms...

405 with the AKV add on itis I just got hit with. We have been borrowing points since 2004 on our first trip home. Big shot me, decided to treat Mom, Dad, Sis and her family to a vacation with us, and I have been playing catch up ever since. Example, right now I have only 37 points available starting tomorrow for the year. That is excluding the additional 150 we just bought.

I want to know what that one with 2500+ does with all those points, and if they would be interested in adopting a family. :lmao:

I now have 800 points, a number I never thought I would have. . . :cool1:

Now my little sister and favorite cousin are helping to plan trips! My little sister likes me reserving the 2 bedroom lockoff so she can have the studio. She has visited OKW and VWL. She told me if they ever opend up DVC at Animal Kingdom Lodge I "had to buy points" so she could stay there. Only 1 problem with her going on trips with me, I haven't figured out how to stop her from leaving me her laundry just like when I still lived at home. . . :rotfl:

250 OKW
350 VWL
200 AKV

SimbaCub
OKW April 2007
VWL Thanksgiving 2007
VWL Week before Christmas with friends

170 all at VWL. I think we will add on at some point when we have a larger family and want to stay in 1 bedrooms.

570:
470 SSR
100 AKV
Waiting on GC DVC!:banana:
-------------------------------
M&C

Total: 570 over over 5 contracts.

SSR 270
BWV 150
AKV 150

I take "extra family" most of the time using a mix of studio, 1-bedroom, & 2-bedrooms. I am constantly borrowing points which forces me to add on :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter