• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Point Ownership

How many total points do you own?

• 0-50

• 51-100

• 101-300

• 301-500

• 501-700

• 701-900

• 901-1200

• 1201-2500

• 2501+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just our original 150; would love more (and would bite the bullet about purchasing them) but the limiting factor for us is the recurring yearly maintenance.

210 at SSR, and so far we haven't had to borrow. In fact, I have about 100 banked points for this year. Guess I need to figure out how to make more trips!

Only 2 more weeks 'til 5 nights in a 2 bdrm at VWL!!!!!

We have 180 SSR points.

We're hoping to add-on 100 in the next year or so.

Just a lowly 150 here. Would love to add on either AKV or SSR to get the longer contract term, but we keep spending money on silly things like food and our mortgage instead!

I have absolutely no idea. :teeth:
We had 1100 points as of last month, then we purchased 300 more at AKV for a total of 1400.
We have never rented a single point. In fact, we are in borrowing mode most of the time.

I will say that we never worry about weekends, have never booked a studio, and we treat family quite often with a 2br and beach cottage at Vero. We have also done a cat 3 cruise, and some other Disney Collection offerings.
Our new thing may be to book a room for the day prior to arrival so our room is ready when we get there in the morning.

I see where we can cut back if needed, but at the moment it's not needed.
I would consider selling some points, but the wife won't let me! :)

MG
I too have been considering booking for the night before we arrive. A red eye flight is starting from my city that will arrive at 6:30 am.
My only concern is will we get the least desireable room?:confused3
What do you think? I've booked a room at the Hyatt airport for that morning in September, but it would make so much more sense to just go straight to our room.
The last time we took a redeye out of Seattle I was in misery waiting for my room. I can't sleep on the plane and didn't find a pool chair an ideal way to rest.

If you take the average of all the posts in this thread so far you come up with 402.244444 pts.

2000 pts. one contract since 1992 at OKW. Use all of them in a year consistently.

180 VWL
150 SSR
100 AKV

430 in total...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter