POFQ solo or??

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by sanapp, Aug 8, 2018.

1. sanapp

sanapp DIS Veteran

Starting to plan a solo trip in February. This would be my first solo trip. I am thinking POFQ would be a good resort for a solo traveler. It is a small resort and I like that it close to DS. Thoughts???
    If after I book and a big enough room discount becomes available I was thinking of trying to switch to CR garden wing. Thoughts???

2. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

I travel solo often. I can't think of a resort that would not be a good resort for a solo traveler. So my thoughts are POFQ would be a good resort for a solo traveler. In Sept I'm doing my third stay there - my second solo. My last solo trip there was during Irma. CR garden wing is also a good choice for a solo trip. I think if you can get the discount you want you will love that one, too.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. WrongLeverrrr

WrongLeverrrr Why do we even HAVE that lever??

I did POR for my first solo in June and thought it was great. FQ is much more compact so there's less walking between your room and the lobby, buses, etc. but the resort itself it very nice (I took a walk over from POR to explore and get some beignets). I wouldn't pass it up if you can help it.

5. MikeNamez

MikeNamez Mouseketeer

I actually originally booked POFQ for my first solo in September because of the quick boat ride to Disney Springs. I ended up getting a great rate at AKL so i switched, but i would not have been disappointed with POFW.

6. RedK

RedK Mouseketeer

I agree with the above. I've stayed solo at POFQ, AKL and CS and all were great. I think it's more about the vaca experience you want than the fact you are solo.

7. Amysita

Amysita Mouseketeer

I always stay @ POFQ...I love it as a solo resort. I like the compactness of it, no matter where you are, it's never a far walk to anything. And bonus points for having the boat rides to & from DS. They're relaxing, and I like the close proximity for being able to go there for any meal & not eat a big chunk out of my time.

DawnAurora likes this.
  8. trouttigger

trouttigger Mouseketeer

I love to boat ride from PO to DS. So much better than dealing with a car or riding on a bus. I think it's a great choice.

9. krum

krum Earning My Ears

POFQ is my favorite moderate resort solo.

10. Cramden

Cramden Mouseketeer

I stayed at POFQ in February with my family and we loved it. Like Mike above it was actually my first choice for my upcoming solo trip when I booked it back in May but I ended up switching because I got a crazy deal at WL and haven't yet stayed there. That said I think POFQ would be an almost perfect spot for a solo trip. The boats to DS are awesome and the bus service was reasonably efficient. Add in that it's a quick walk over to the amenities at Riverside and it's hard to beat.

11. kwdw

kwdw DIS Veteran

All depends upon your budget. Any resort is great for a solo stay!