POFQ solo or??

sanapp

DIS Veteran
Starting to plan a solo trip in February. This would be my first solo trip. I am thinking POFQ would be a good resort for a solo traveler. It is a small resort and I like that it close to DS. Thoughts???
If after I book and a big enough room discount becomes available I was thinking of trying to switch to CR garden wing. Thoughts???

I travel solo often. I can't think of a resort that would not be a good resort for a solo traveler. So my thoughts are POFQ would be a good resort for a solo traveler. In Sept I'm doing my third stay there - my second solo. My last solo trip there was during Irma. CR garden wing is also a good choice for a solo trip. I think if you can get the discount you want you will love that one, too.

I did POR for my first solo in June and thought it was great. FQ is much more compact so there's less walking between your room and the lobby, buses, etc. but the resort itself it very nice (I took a walk over from POR to explore and get some beignets). I wouldn't pass it up if you can help it.

I actually originally booked POFQ for my first solo in September because of the quick boat ride to Disney Springs. I ended up getting a great rate at AKL so i switched, but i would not have been disappointed with POFW.

I agree with the above. I've stayed solo at POFQ, AKL and CS and all were great. I think it's more about the vaca experience you want than the fact you are solo.

I always stay @ POFQ...I love it as a solo resort. I like the compactness of it, no matter where you are, it's never a far walk to anything. And bonus points for having the boat rides to & from DS. They're relaxing, and I like the close proximity for being able to go there for any meal & not eat a big chunk out of my time.

I love to boat ride from PO to DS. So much better than dealing with a car or riding on a bus. I think it's a great choice.

I stayed at POFQ in February with my family and we loved it. Like Mike above it was actually my first choice for my upcoming solo trip when I booked it back in May but I ended up switching because I got a crazy deal at WL and haven't yet stayed there. That said I think POFQ would be an almost perfect spot for a solo trip. The boats to DS are awesome and the bus service was reasonably efficient. Add in that it's a quick walk over to the amenities at Riverside and it's hard to beat.

All depends upon your budget. Any resort is great for a solo stay!

My budget is for POFQ unless a really good discount for CR comes out. I am doing the dlxdp, so a lot of dining around the monorail.

I am also starting to plan my first solo trip for late fall 2019. I have always stayed at POR as we were/are a family of 5 but all my kids are adults now and DH doesn’t like to travel much. I do love POR but I am also considering POFQ this trip as I like the compact size. I only have 2 concerns - the pool and the food court. Can you tell me about the size of the pool and hot tub? Weather permitting, I like to go to the pool quite often. TIA

I am also starting to plan my first solo trip for late fall 2019. I have always stayed at POR as we were/are a family of 5 but all my kids are adults now and DH doesn’t like to travel much. I do love POR but I am also considering POFQ this trip as I like the compact size. I only have 2 concerns - the pool and the food court. Can you tell me about the size of the pool and hot tub? Weather permitting, I like to go to the pool quite often. TIA
French Quarter's pool and hot tub are comparable in size to the feature pools of the other Disney moderates.

The big caveat at French Quarter pool-wise is that it doesn't have the smaller "quiet" pools that the larger resorts have. Unless something's recently changed, you can pool-hop between the two if you need to, though (Riverside and French Quarter are one of the few exceptions where you're allowed to pool-hop between resorts).

this was my first solo resort and i liked it for that because it was so small so it was good for me to get my feet wet with, but i havent been unhappy at any resort due to being solo for any reason :)

I've stayed at POFQ solo and loved it. Personally, if the discounts came out and I had a choice of a deluxe, I would choose AKL, WL or BWI before CR--but that's just me! Have fun planning--I'm going solo at end of January and currently at POLY, but, as always, will be moving depending on the discounts.

I've stayed at POFQ solo and loved it. Personally, if the discounts came out and I had a choice of a deluxe, I would choose AKL, WL or BWI before CR--but that's just me! Have fun planning--I'm going solo at end of January and currently at POLY, but, as always, will be moving depending on the discounts.

My only reason for choosing CR is convenience. I have ADRs for Cali Grill dinner and brunch as well as dinner at Narcoosees and lunch at Kona and The Wave.

Of course I have ADRs in other locations, but quite a few right in that area.

I wouldn't hesitate at any hotel because I am solo.

I would picked based on if I really was interested in hotel, their amenities and if I thought it would be more enjoyable ... like avoiding some values during group seasons, enjoying holiday decorations if between Nov and early January etc.

Stayed at POFQ and don't see myself returning.

I'm sure you've made all your plans by now, but...

I just wanted to say that on two previous trips, I was able to stay at CR--tower and garden wing. I planned for two nights and made it a split stay with Pop one time and CSR (discounted for construction) the second.

I loved, loved CR both times because of the absolute feeling of freedom to walk to MK and be inside in 15 minutes no matter what. Oh, and the Wave and CG are just so convenient too!

I also stayed at POFQ with my mom. We're not DS fans but did take the boat to POR and back. I could see that being a nice treat if you like DS.

I agree with PP who chooses resorts based on what you want rather than solo status. I love Pop because I love the theming but a side benefit is I can be anonymous, for example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter