Please tell me about Thanksgiving on DCL...I am thinking of booking the Magic out of NYC next year

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Do they go all out on Thanksgiving? Traditional turkey with all the fixins?

Do they go all out on Thanksgiving? Traditional turkey with all the fixins?
Well, they don't go "all out", but there's a turkey dinner on the menu.

Thanksgiving is during the Very MerryTime cruise period, so it's more "Christmas" than "Thanksgiving" on the ship.

Just got off magic today. Thanksgiving was Port canaveral day so most of the ship spent Thanksgiving in Walt Disney World.

We did Thanksgiving on the Fantasy in 2013. I agree with the previous poster in that the cruise has an overall "festive" feel versus "Thanksgiving". On Thanksgiving Day, the characters had their pilgrim outfits which was kind of cool, but not what i would call a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Having said that, it was one of the best cruises we ever took because of that festive feel. But I have also been on numerous December cruises and those have the same feel. It was just nice not to have to cook and do dishes!

And pack some warm clothes! We sailed out of NYC Nov 4th this year..the first sea day and last sea day were much colder than any of us expected. All the pools were empty and the lifeguards were wearing hats and winter coats (last sea day). Regardless it was vacation and on DCL so it was awesome!!

Like this year, the Magic will be in Port Canaveral, so you might not be on the ship for dinner. Images from this year's Thanksgiving Day menu.
IMG_3055.JPG IMG_3056.JPG

Just returned from the Fantasy 7 day Thanksgiving cruise. Turkey was on the menu Thurs night (as well as the buffet lunch at Cabanas) and Captain Fabian led a toast at dinner. They also showed NFL games on the FunnelVision. Mickey and Minnie made an appearance in pilgrim costumes. Other than that, the cruise was really more Christmas-centric, with a large tree in the atrium, Santa, gingerbread house making, etc.

Like this year, the Magic will be in Port Canaveral, so you might not be on the ship for dinner.
Did you mean on the ship for Thanksgiving dinner? I am booked on that sailing and i believe Thursday and Friday are sea days.

Did you mean on the ship for Thanksgiving dinner? I am booked on that sailing and i believe Thursday and Friday are sea days.

Last week the Magic was at Port Canaveral all day on Thanksgiving (WDW excursion day) so I think they were saying most people had Thanksgiving at Disney World instead of on ship. Maybe next year that Thurs and Fri will be sea days? This year the sea days were Fri and Sat though.

Last week the Magic was at Port Canaveral all day on Thanksgiving (WDW excursion day) so I think they were saying most people had Thanksgiving at Disney World instead of on ship. Maybe next year that Thurs and Fri will be sea days? This year the sea days were Fri and Sat though.
Yes, next year the cruise over Thanksgiving has Thurs/Fri sea days.

Was that a Sun-Sun cruise? With the ship leaving on a Saturday, WDW day would be Wed. because it takes 2 days to sail from PC to NYC.

Was that a Sun-Sun cruise? With the ship leaving on a Saturday, WDW day would be Wed. because it takes 2 days to sail from PC to NYC.

It was either Sat to Sun (8 night) or Sun to Sun. One of the ones recently was the 8 night, not sure if it was that one or the one before.

Sorry for the confusion, I forgot there is no Nassau day next year. Out head waiter said this year's menu was developed with the idea that many passengers would not be on board for dinner, so next year's menu might be different.

I think the difference is the 2017 sailing was 8 night departing Saturday and WDW fell on Thursday, while 2018 is a 7 night departing Saturday, so returning Thursday and Friday are sea days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter