Planning for next December

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
My wife has informed me that we will be spending next Christmas at WDW. We have never been able to be there at Christmas and would like adviced about booking, crowds, things to do, EMHs, etc. We will porbably stay at PO-FQ which is our favorite moderate, and will be taking one day out of our WDW itinerary to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (this is a must as we are huge HP fans). We would like any advice about anything to do with WDW Christmas.

Congrats in deciding to go in December! We are planning on spending a day visiting the different resorts to view the decorations and also going to MVMCP.

We just got back from our trip 12/5-12/12. The weather was great...kind of cool the first and last days, but warm in between. The kids even swam on two afternoons. I thought the crowds were very low. Only crowded place was the streets of america in HS for the Osborne lights.

My favorite thing about going at Christmas was at Epcot. They have Santas in every country. They are dressed in their native Santa suit and tell stories about their country's Christmas traditions. It was really cool and the kids loved it too.

Everything at Disney is beautiful at Christmas. You will love it. Some say avoid EMHs but we found them to be dead times in the parks especially the morning hours. We rode Everest over and over and over. The parks don't stay open as late as during the peak season but it doesn't matter because it doesn't take you nearly as long to see and ride everything.

Have a great time!

Crowds start to build from about the 22nd of December and then peak between x-mass eve and new years eve. It a beautiful time to be there, but be ready to deal with packed parks from the 23rd through the 31st.

I'm going next Christmas too. After going to DL a couple of times for Christmas, I told myself I'd never go again. But...I've never been to WDW for Christmas and I want to see Epcot since that is my favorite park. My daughter will be 17 so it may be my last chance for a while. :sad1:
So...I'm going! Haven't booked yet and will probably wait until after my upcoming trip in April. :eek:

How are crowds compared to July? We go in July every year and usually the first or 2nd week in December but are going at Christmas this coming year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter