Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Well I finally caught up and then it was over! Ugh!

I’m sad we missed everyone at California Grill but we had an amazing brunch of our own! And yes, Geyser Point was a wonderful way to bid adieu to you guys (luckily for us it wasn’t farewell for too long!)

Now I’m off to look for the next report I’m already behind on... lol

I'm so jealous! Maybe Kari's @kastoney family won't mind me popping down to room with them for a few nights…she is MY Roomie, after all! :rotfl:
I wish you were going to be there! We'll have to arrange a date in CT with the guys :) Although both Kari and I do have room so if you want to sneak down in 2 weeks.......................:dogdance:
Well I finally caught up and then it was over! Ugh!
But the best are last!!!!! 😘
Geyser Point was a wonderful way to bid adieu to you guys (luckily for us it wasn’t farewell for too long!)
I don't think our last night could have been any better, but seeing you 2 months later was perfection x10! Now just need to get you there Sept.14-18th....you don't really need your job, do you?

So I had to finally make it over to read the details about Steve's mom. So sad but understand that better place mentality...Still sucks though. I am part of a small circle of single remaining parent friends and only one who has lost both already. I can't imagine.

Looks like our trips overlap but you have a pretty busy schedule. Would love to try to meet up for drinks or something if at all possible. Maybe even TOTWL if you are interested. Our only park of course will be MK on the 20th beginning at 2pm and then for the MNSSHP. Understand if we can't make it work...sure there will be other opportunities in the future!

So I had to finally make it over to read the details about Steve's mom. So sad but understand that better place mentality...Still sucks though. I am part of a small circle of single remaining parent friends and only one who has lost both already. I can't imagine.

Looks like our trips overlap but you have a pretty busy schedule. Would love to try to meet up for drinks or something if at all possible. Maybe even TOTWL if you are interested. Our only park of course will be MK on the 20th beginning at 2pm and then for the MNSSHP. Understand if we can't make it work...sure there will be other opportunities in the future!
Hey Dina! Yes I just won't let myself think about losing that 2nd parent and I know it really made it that much harder for Steve and his siblings. It gets a little easier each day as we both know unfortunately but of course we've yet to hit the holidays etc. Never easy :(

In all the crazy I forgot we overlapped!! Well it's very possible we'll be in MK on the 20th for just a little bit before our SWGE preview so I'll let you know if we are. We also may be in DS earlier that day if you plan to be there? I need to go back and look at your plans!!

Sounds like an awesome ending to your trip. Congratulations on the new grand baby, he has an adorable back of the head. That's exciting news about Ricky's knee!! I'm sorry to heat about Steve's Mom, it's hard to say goodbye even though you know it's for the best. Looking forward to reading about your July trip!!

So a little over a week ago we found out Steve's mom had a heart attack caused by massive blood clots in her lungs. Things were NOT looking good and his siblings started coming back to NY from their respective states. During this time the AP previews for SWGE were released and while I was helping some of my fellow TA's get in during the "is it live or not" debacle I thought, hmm, wonder if Steve would want to get away sooner???

Many of you know that we know NOTHING about SW
:chewy::darth: OK but we do know who these guys are and my stepson DID clean James Earl Jones's pool the last few summers so there's that! Anyway I figured what the hell and signed us up; what would it hurt? Steve's mom did end up passing away last Friday; we're getting back to normal now. And Steve does indeed like the idea of getting away sooner than Sept. so I did a quick job of booking our resort (CSR) booking flights (Aug 18-21st) and securing places for our children to stay and :tink: we are going to the SWAG preview next month! I know the reason completely sucks but given her prognosis and her last few days my MIL is in a much better place.

So sorry for your family's loss. :hug: Sending you all our thoughts and prayers.
I'm glad you chose to get away sooner. It is definitely much needed!
I'm glad how Disney can be our "escape" - some people don't know how to get away from it all but we sure do!

The super positive side of all this is that we will be having dinner on arrival night with not one special DIS friend but TWO! We'll be eating in DS with the @kastoney family and well as the @StarWarsMomofGirls! family and we couldn't be more excited! And it looks like we have a very good chance of once again seeing friends Caroline @disneyAndi14, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve, @MeghanEmily and her DH "N" who we haven't seen in a few years and also hopefully finally meeting a fellow New Yorker Tracy @Tracy161 !

YES!!

Hey Dina! Yes I just won't let myself think about losing that 2nd parent and I know it really made it that much harder for Steve and his siblings. It gets a little easier each day as we both know unfortunately but of course we've yet to hit the holidays etc. Never easy :(

In all the crazy I forgot we overlapped!! Well it's very possible we'll be in MK on the 20th for just a little bit before our SWGE preview so I'll let you know if we are. We also may be in DS earlier that day if you plan to be there? I need to go back and look at your plans!!

I'm totally with you the parent thing. Even with my dad still around, in many ways I feel like he has another family now and we come second, and though in my heart I know that's not the case...it's hard not to think that way when he spends soooo much more time with his girlfriend and her family than he does with his own. He spent 5-6 days over the weekend with his girlfriend, her daughter and family (including husband and 3 kids all very close in age to mine) in Utah doing ziplines, white water rafting, hiking and other stuff. My brother and I are lucky to see him for a few hours every few months. My brother lives about 3 hours away from my dad, so it is a day drive for him, but I'm a good 7.5+ hours away and though he comes to Maryland quite often with his girlfriend, he tends to stay with her daughter and family and every now and then he'll make plans to see me and my family (we live an hour away from her family in MD) but not always. I'm not sure what he will think, if anything, that I was actually in South Carolina last weekend, literally passed RIGHT BY HIS house on my way to stay with my aunt, and spent the long weekend with her enjoying the beach, things our family used to do when my mom was alive but we would stay with my parents. Right now I still can't bring myself to even visit him at his house now that his girlfriend has been living there for the last 18 months.

ANYWAY...don't worry at all if we can't make a second meet happen with your very short upcoming trip. As for the 20th, we will be spending the morning volunteering at GKTW and then we'll probably grab lunch before heading to the MK hopefully arriving very close to 2pm for the party. I have a 1pm Chef Mickey's lunch...but I'll probably drop it unless my family absolutely insists on it. It's kinda a tradition with us but I'd rather save the money and do something else, even Contempo Cafe as an alternate option that day or anywhere in Disney Springs for lunch. We'll see.

And before going back inside said "see ya later alligator" to this guy hanging on a pipe in the water by GP:

IMG_1914 (1).JPG

[/QUOTEUmmmm YIKES!!!!

o know who these guys are and my stepson DID clean James Earl Jones's pool the last few summers so there's that!
I would PAY to be with you when you meet Darth Vedar and tell him that!!!! That would be hilarious!

The super positive side of all this is that we will be having dinner on arrival night with not one special DIS friend but TWO! We'll be eating in DS with the @kastoney family and well as the @StarWarsMomofGirls! family and we couldn't be more excited!
YEAH!!! I can't wait!!!!

Sounds like an awesome ending to your trip.
I seriously don't think it could have ended any differently!
Congratulations on the new grand baby, he has an adorable back of the head.
LOL thanks! I really don't understand why she's anti having him on social media. SHE'S all over social media herself and not always in a good way!
I'm sorry to heat about Steve's Mom, it's hard to say goodbye even though you know it's for the best.
Thank you again :angel: I'm so thankful it didn't go on longer regardless of how hard it was and Steve feels the same. Just no good ending but as time goes on everyone realizes it could have been worse :sad1:
Looking forward to reading about your July trip!!
I hope to start that soon!!!!
I'm glad you chose to get away sooner. It is definitely much needed!
I'm glad how Disney can be our "escape" - some people don't know how to get away from it all but we sure do!
I am too and I know you know the feeling unfortunately 💕
I need to post in our "group" about our HS day so I don't miss anyone!!
Even with my dad still around, in many ways I feel like he has another family now and we come second, and though in my heart I know that's not the case...it's hard not to think that way when he spends soooo much more time with his girlfriend and her family than he does with his own.
I feel you and for you. My mom and dad divorced about a year and a half before he died and my mom was scheduled to get remarried 13 days after he did pass. She offered to move the day but her 2nd husband wasn't keen on it - their wedding day was one of the worst days of mine and my sisters life and he had 3 kids who lived down south by them so for the few years they were married she spent way too much time with them. Yeah long story........but it just adds to your heartache and makes heeling worse xoxo
ANYWAY...don't worry at all if we can't make a second meet happen with your very short upcoming trip.
I wish it would work out! It's so hard on quick last minute trips and I did see your offer for us to join you at the WL afternoon cocktail thing which I would LOVE. I don't think it will work :( but if I see that we'll be in the same place at the same time I will message you!!

What a perfect place to wait out the rain. Looks like you guys are having way too much fun,

Kelly @buzzrelly kindly offered to take us up to the Top Of The World Lounge as she's DVC!

What a view and great pictures!

on Friday the 19th we welcomed our 2nd grandchild - this time a grandson :earsboy:

Congratulations on your second grandchild!

Fast forward to today; those of you who have followed my reports the last couple years will know what a HUGE deal this is when I tell you that after 1 year,10 months and 6 days, Ricky was finally cleared by his surgeon today after more hard work, effort, dedication and perseverance than the majority of teens I know would be able to put forth in recovering from his 2 ACL injuries!!! I cannot tell you what this means to all of us; it's like we were under water for almost 2 years and can now finally breathe again.

I'm so happy for you and Ricky what a journey it's been.

So cool can't wait to experience this once Kathy's out of college.

amazing views:

Gorgeous!

Same picture but with a stalker in the back:

LOL

Cheesy Barbecue Brisket
with House-made Chips

YUM need to order this next time!

walked around outside and took a few pictures, something I never miss a chance to do at WL:

Love the WL!

Steve's mom did end up passing away last Friday;

Please tell Steve how sorry I am for his Mom passing.

As always I'm sad to see another one of your TR ending but I know there's another one on the horizon.
Guess who's also going to SWGE....yup Kathy and I will be there 8/20-8/23 and we're staying at the WL. We were already flying down to St Augustine on the 23 when we signed up for the 21 preview. I was able to change our flight to Orlando and add on 4 days at Disney. So excited to meet up with Karin @dizneeat. and would love to meet up with you and Steve again.

What a perfect place to wait out the rain. Looks like you guys are having way too much fun,
We had a ball!
Congratulations on your second grandchild!
Thank you, he was here for a visit today :goodvibes
Please tell Steve how sorry I am for his Mom passing.
I absolutely will Tammy thank you :hug:
Guess who's also going to SWGE....yup Kathy and I will be there 8/20-8/23 and we're staying at the WL. We were already flying down to St Augustine on the 23 when we signed up for the 21 preview. I was able to change our flight to Orlando and add on 4 days at Disney. So excited to meet up with Karin @dizneeat. and would love to meet up with you and Steve again.
YAY! Our dates are the 18-21st! We're unfortunately not at the WL this time (CSR) but what are your plans? On the 20th I think we're pretty open until our preview at 5; on the 21st we're in EPCOT from the morning until we have to get ME around 2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!