Pirate rooms at CBR - are they that bad?

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
I have read the reviews about the Pirate rooms and they're not great, but they all seem to hinge on the fact that these rooms are more expensive than standard rooms and too far from Centertown.

We currently have a 1-night reservation at CBR for a standard room at rack rate in October. I was unable to find anything available with the current RO offer on the Disney website. However, Undercover tourist has pirate rooms available at a lower price than the standard rooms, plus I'd get a $30 rebate from Amex.

This would be the last night of our trip (split stay), so I'm thinking we could just get up in the morning, pack our car, drive to Centertown to eat and enjoy the pool for a couple of hours, then head home. We would save about $50 and my son would really enjoy the pirate theme.

Thoughts? Any reasons I haven't considered why the pirate rooms are a bad idea?

TIA

One night, your plan it would be fine.

- Farthest rooms actually many with view of POP rooms making for a long walk to main hub.
- Pirate rooms are double beds in which the beds are in ships with a less comfy mattress.
- Pirate furniture is clever ... wish they had a more complete design for room as whole.
- Pirate rooms are brown, brown, brown with minimal decor, we were disappointed.
- I would never stay in them again, I considered them a downgrade ....

But again, if you got a good rate and it's only one room, and your plans sounds good ... why not?

Last edited:
We stayed in a pirate room because we thought our boys would enjoy the theme. The last building in that section (Trinidad south) is almost exactly half a mile from the food court. I walked it every morning to fetch coffee and breakfast for my family which I found pleasant.

If you plan on making multiple trips a day to the main pool or food court this could be inconvenient.

I actually like the location. It is extremely quiet with a very pretty view of the lake. We mostly used the nearby quiet pool and often had it all to ourselves. Same with the beach hammocks. Hardly ever saw anyone else there. It was a perfect place to rest and relax.

On our first trip the first room we stayed in was a pirate room. It was fine imo. Dh is a big guy and I was much bigger then, and the mattresses were actually fine despite being so thin. The walk was fine. It was late nov early dec, just before the 2010 cold snap hit, though. We had a car so we weren't depending on the buses to get to the parks.

We stayed in a pirate room last August. I was surprised that the room didn't seem ridiculously far away from Centertown like I was planning on. The theming of the room was nice but nothing spectacular. My overall feeling is we stayed there once - it was fine, neither great nor terrible - probably won't stay at a pirate room again unless it's required for a certain deal/promotion.

We love the pirate rooms at CBR! We've stayed there twice now. It is a bit of a walk to the food court and pool, but we enjoy the stroll (it's very pretty scenery). My boys think the rooms are very cool, and we've never had an issue. We do also have a car there, so if we're really tired and we don't want to walk, it's very easy for us to just hop in the car and drive over there. Give it a shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter