PINs...info from CM

Mollygirl21

Mouseketeer
I just called to see if there were any PINs attached to my account or my DH's at Disney and the CM I spoke to mentioned two interesting points:

1. they are tied to your address the last time you travelled to WDW (we've moved twice since our last trip)
2. the more you travel, the more likely you are to get a PIN (I've been 5 times)
3. if your last trip was in 2009, you are not likely to get a PIN in 2016 (it's been 7 years since my last trip...the magic number seems to be within 5 years)

No idea how accurate this info is and I know there are lots of stories on these boards of people getting PINs that do not follow those points but it was still interesting to hear from a CM.

By my experience, not really accurate.

Took a trip in 2007, our next trip wasn't until 2015. I received a code for that trip. In the last two years I have received 5 emails with different pin codes. I just applied the most recent one I received to our trip next May.

I know people who have gone 4 times in the last 5 years and have never gotten a code. It just seems rather random.

Sounds like a sales tech to me.
You want to save money, spend some money and you will start to see codes come your way ;)

We have no facts but can say that the same group of us, three households have all gone together the last ohhhh five trips or so and basically every other yr. I have got two pins in that time while the others have gone none.

My personal feeling is you have a better chance if you research a trip and don't book vs book a lot or not very much at all.
I say this because I'm the one who always sets stuff up so they see activity and interest on my account while the others they don't see anything

my brother in law has gotten PINs in the US Mail, he has never been to Disney (does not like it). Does not have any Disney account and has never researched anything. But he does have an ESPN account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter