• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Personally, I think I would make a great stripper!" 8/10 The End

totally off subject - but also for college textbooks, try Chegg.com - my daughter is a psych major and son is poli sci, both of which seem to require 20 books for each class, on Chegg, you can rent the books for a semester at a fraction of the cost for buying new or even used. You just keep the box they send the book in and at the end of the semester, (they'll start calling you to remind you) you just send the book back - they don't always have all the books you need, but it definitely is worth checking out, okay back to your trip report!

Thank you!!! I am dreading buying books!!

totally off subject - but also for college textbooks, try Chegg.com - my daughter is a psych major and son is poli sci, both of which seem to require 20 books for each class, on Chegg, you can rent the books for a semester at a fraction of the cost for buying new or even used. You just keep the box they send the book in and at the end of the semester, (they'll start calling you to remind you) you just send the book back - they don't always have all the books you need, but it definitely is worth checking out, okay back to your trip report!

It's so cool that this exists! We usually just buy them used on Redtagdeals and amazon.ca

20 books for each class???? Oh my goodness. And Psych textbooks are HUUUGE too. They're always my biggest texts

OK, I have once again spit diet coke on my computer screen while reading one of your trip reports. This time the culprit was that video. It was absolutely histerical!

I also loved the updates. I'm always so sad leaving Disney, I always hope for a good bounceback deal when I'm there so I can have another trip booked before we leave.

Terri

totally off subject - but also for college textbooks, try Chegg.com -
I will absolutely go to them today!!!
OK, I have once again spit diet coke on my computer screen while reading one of your trip reports. This time the culprit was that video. It was absolutely histerical!
I told you guys!!!!
I also loved the updates. I'm always so sad leaving Disney, I always hope for a good bounceback deal when I'm there so I can have another trip booked before we leave.

Terri
I need to get this done today so I can start our Charleston TR...then get ready for our Oct WDW trip!!! :cool1:

It's so cool that this exists! We usually just buy them used on Redtagdeals and amazon.ca

20 books for each class???? Oh my goodness. And Psych textbooks are HUUUGE too. They're always my biggest texts

Ugh, my Psych book was $150 for the 6 week summer class I took :faint: I can't wait to see how much my Developmental Psych and Contemporary American Society books are. Currently I'm waiting to find out which books I will need so I can try some other places than the book store. I also need to try to sell my book just to get something, anything, back for it...

you're going back in October??? so lucky!! DH and I are going to Charleston, SC for a two day trip in mid-October (one of his business groups is having a special trip for members and spouses) so I casually said, hey, since we're only 6 1/2 hours from Orlando, why don't we go to Disney, just for a day! DH is not a Diz freak, but I think we may go down and spend a day at the Magic Kingdom (just the two of us)!

Ugh, my Psych book was $150 for the 6 week summer class I took :faint: I can't wait to see how much my Developmental Psych and Contemporary American Society books are. Currently I'm waiting to find out which books I will need so I can try some other places than the book store. I also need to try to sell my book just to get something, anything, back for it...

Oooh, I took developmental about a year ago. Very cool learnings in there. Makes you want to be a parent NOW so you can try out stuff on them :rotfl: My prof was studying children's play too, so we played games in class like simon says. Hope you get a fun prof too!

Oooh, I took developmental about a year ago. Very cool learnings in there. Makes you want to be a parent NOW so you can try out stuff on them :rotfl: My prof was studying children's play too, so we played games in class like simon says. Hope you get a fun prof too!

I have kids already, so I can experiment on them... :stir: I did that after regular Psych. Actually, I think it helped me be a better parent. Maybe this class will, too.

Isn't that what raising kids is, anyhow? One gigantic experiment? :laughing:

Chegg.com is AWESOME! They are always cheaper, and then you never have to worry about selling back, you just ship it back (for free!!!) Check retailmenot.com and put in chegg.com too, sometimes they have a discount code to make it even sweeter. Plus, if you are a tree hugger, they plant a tree for every book you rent. :) I <3 Chegg. :) It is a college kids best friend!

The END:

Our journey was on the last leg as we dropped Taylor off at the airport.

And so were our brakes! :scared1:

They went from fine to that little squeal to the ever popular grinding noise as we came out of Atlanta! We knew we had some mountains ahead of us and decided to pop in a brake place to have them looked at.

Now mind you this was a Sunday afternoon.

Late afternoon.

We found a place in Greenville after making a few calls and not only did we need brakes but also rotors as well.

Awesome.

They gave us a great deal though, stayed open 2 hours after close for us and a family that had a flat tire and the service was beyond what I could have hoped for.

We ate at a Zaxby's next door, called Taylor to find out her plane was delayed 2 hours and Treyner thought the fact she was 20 minutes from him and so were we, stuck, was funny.

I told him I could cut off his inheritance. :thumbsup2

He seemed not to think this was a big loss. :lmao:

We were on the road to Knoxville but by now it was past 7:30 p.m. and we knew we would never make it.

Stopped off at a flea bag motel, because in the inner mountain towns of North Carolina, we were hard pressed to find a Holiday Inn and slept as restful of a sleep as one can when one is worried about the local po-po doing a drug bust with your neighbors.

We had called and talked to Courtney and Shannon and the plan was Courtney would drop off the puppy to see at Shannon's because she would not be going to work that morning. The carrier and all the goodies for it would be there to because they were positive we could not say no. (What is funny about this is now Shannon's kids are worried I will abscond with any new animals that come to the home the next time I visit!!!)

Got to Shanon's home at about 9:30 a.m. and here is what we saw.

P1040513.jpg

Aren't they both so cute????

P1040518.jpg

The chances of me saying no to that dog were none.

Dan the big bad man, melted like chocolate chips in the sun when he saw her.

He went from, "We are not small dog people," to "We will need to get her sweaters because she will be so cold!" :rotfl2:

So with that she was ours and with that the love affair with Carsyn began.

P1040524.jpg

P1040527.jpg

We stopped at a Walmart and I dropped $30 on that puppy in an instant. Food bowls that were her size, a leash, a collar etc. etc. Carsyn smuggled her with inside the store.
P1040541.jpg

I was barely allowed to hold that darn pup the first 10 hours but when I did, I realized there is no small or big dog people. There is just dog lovers.
P1040543.jpg

P1040544.jpg

P1040549.jpg

Baylor and his bravado also melted although he will not admit it if you ask!

P1040553.jpg

She was the size of your hand and so cuddly and just a lover.
P1040554.jpg

I say that and know that right now she is running after our 100 pound Golden Retriever and owns the show! She is a pesky fart to him but also is his best friend and would defend him to no end.

Ace, hurt his paw a few weeks ago and was down and out for a day, if you tried to get near him, it would have been over her dead body. She is that loyal to him even when he does not want her to be! :rotfl:

This is them when we first got her.
0327102242.jpg

Now of course she is cute still but her ears stand up and she is bigger. Kizzy is a great travel dog and went with to Charleston a few weeks ago.

We left Shannon a bit past noon and drove through the night minus a few rest stops to get the kids to school for Tuesday morning! Literally an hour before the bell rang!

It was a great trip and we enjoyed the slower paced life of the Keys.

I hope you all liked the TR and I will start the new one later today!

Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37757338#post37757338

Tooooo funny, it sounds like when we got Harley and Pudge. We weren't small dog people either. And it went from getting one dog to NEEDING two because they would be too lonely if we only got one. We also went the day before we went to see them to get dishes, leashes, collars, a cage... Yet we were just going to "look" at them :rolleyes1

you're going back in October??? so lucky!! DH and I are going to Charleston, SC for a two day trip in mid-October (one of his business groups is having a special trip for members and spouses) so I casually said, hey, since we're only 6 1/2 hours from Orlando, why don't we go to Disney, just for a day! DH is not a Diz freak, but I think we may go down and spend a day at the Magic Kingdom (just the two of us)!

We are leaving around the 11th of October to drive to WDW (as of now) for almost a week, then meander up the coast before heading to Anderson, SC for Treyner's parent weekend October 23rd and home. We will stop in Charleston again I hope! It will just be Dan and I and the last alone trip we had was Feb/March of 2009 so I am totally looking forward to it! 2 weeks will be a long time but we have a bet with Treyner for a trade! His grades being great for the Mustang for 2 months! Now I wish I would have shut my mouth because flying might have been cheaper if we can get a one way car rental drop off cheap! Just depends on so much.

Am I a bad Mom if I hope for just mediocre grades? :lmao:

"just look" HA! I sent my husband to "check out" a puppy and meet the breeder and he brought home Cody. Didn't call me until he was in the car with the dog on the way home. Had to tell him to stop and get supplies. Love the dog, but was SO unprepared at that time. Couple weeks before Christmas, so Santa came early at our house that year.

Tooooo funny, it sounds like when we got Harley and Pudge. We weren't small dog people either. And it went from getting one dog to NEEDING two because they would be too lonely if we only got one. We also went the day before we went to see them to get dishes, leashes, collars, a cage... Yet we were just going to "look" at them :rolleyes1

"just look" HA! I sent my husband to "check out" a puppy and meet the breeder and he brought home Cody. Didn't call me until he was in the car with the dog on the way home. Had to tell him to stop and get supplies. Love the dog, but was SO unprepared at that time. Couple weeks before Christmas, so Santa came early at our house that year.

Isn't it amazing that we are supposedly the superior species yet these guys can wrap us around their paw in an instant?!!!

OH MY GOSH :lovestruc

I want MY OWN KIZZY!!! What kind of breed is she?

I have kids already, so I can experiment on them... :stir: I did that after regular Psych. Actually, I think it helped me be a better parent. Maybe this class will, too.

Isn't that what raising kids is, anyhow? One gigantic experiment? :laughing:

According to Piaget it is!!

According to Piaget it is!!

Very true! I'm still curious about Baby Albert and what the heck they did with him. Maybe I will find out in this next Psych class.

And oh MY Dawn, do Pudgie Pie and Harley ever have us wrapped around their paws! They almost have more toys and gear then the kids do and we've only had them just a little over 2 weeks. They are THE BOYS! Its funny since we have all girls for kids.

And oh MY Dawn, do Pudgie Pie and Harley ever have us wrapped around their paws! /QUOTE]
Ok - what kind of dogs are they since I might have missed that detail on the WISH thread!? :confused3
Yuki - Kizzy is a Cheeks mix. Chihuahua/Pekingese. They all look different though. She is more Chihuahua than anything.

And oh MY Dawn, do Pudgie Pie and Harley ever have us wrapped around their paws! /QUOTE]
Ok - what kind of dogs are they since I might have missed that detail on the WISH thread!? :confused3
Yuki - Kizzy is a Cheeks mix. Chihuahua/Pekingese. They all look different though. She is more Chihuahua than anything.

They are mini-dachshunds. I'll post a pic if I can get on photobucket right now. There are pics over on the WISH thread.

What an awesome ending to your TR. Your little Kizzy is the cutest dog EVER! She is smaller that my Kizzy cat. I can't wait to see what see looks like now.

So I am going to head over to the Charlestown TR. I can't wait to read more of your antics. And October - NICE! You don't know how much I wish I was going in October instead of September, but its a done deal and I'm surely not going to complain. You just need to give me more advance notice on your future trips! :laughing:

Anyway - Loved you TR as always - so much fun, laughter, and love in your TR's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter