Paying Off Direct Loan With Disney Visa?

antmr7

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

if you use your Disney Visa to pay off your direct loan from Disney would you receive 2% back with the premier card or would it still be 1%? We are debating upgrading our card to premier to get the extra back when paying the loan off but I was not sure if the 2% or standard 1% applied

Thanks

I can’t answer the question about loan payment, but if you put your DVC purchase on your Disney Visa, you get the 2% back and 0% financing for 6 months.

I can’t answer the question about loan payment, but if you put your DVC purchase on your Disney Visa, you get the 2% back and 0% financing for 6 months.

There are two versions of the Disney Visa - a $0 annual fee card that offers 1% back on everything, and a $49 annual fee version that offers 2% back on Disney purchases, gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants, with 1% back everywhere else. The % back comes in the form of Disney Reward Dollars that you can use towards Disney purchases; if you have the $49 annual fee version, it can also be used for airfare to Disney, movies, Disney broadway tickets, etc. Both versions of the card offer 6 months 0% financing on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Adventures by Disney, and Disney Cruise line vacations purchased with the card; this is also true for Disney Vacation Club purchases. DVC MF dues do not count towards the 0% financing, but you do get the 2% back.

It comes with a host of other small perks: special photo location & printed photo in WDW & DL, discounts for shopping, discounts for Dining, early access sometimes to promotional rates. Many of these won't matter to DVC members or AP holders.

It is not the best rewards card out there, but the fact that you get BOTH the cashback and the free financing (unlike most other cards that make you choose whether you want the financing or the reward points), we DO use it for our Disney Cruises, Disney ticket purchases, Disney tours that we can't get better rewards elsewhere, and MF dues, and use the Disney Reward dollars to offset the cost of our Annual Passes.

Last edited:
Sorry for bringing back a dead thread. I actually have the Premier which I personally think it is worth it. It was my primary card, but not anymore because the cash back is too little. However, for $49 a year is worth it. 2% reward back will pay itself back if you book a Disney trip of $2500. I personally use it for the 6-month financing. I wish Premier get a bit longer to finance compared to the Basic Card.

Hello everyone,

if you use your Disney Visa to pay off your direct loan from Disney would you receive 2% back with the premier card or would it still be 1%? We are debating upgrading our card to premier to get the extra back when paying the loan off but I was not sure if the 2% or standard 1% applied

Thanks

Do they really allow you to make payments against your loan balance with a credit card? That seems kinda crazy to me.

Do they really allow you to make payments against your loan balance with a credit card? That seems kinda crazy to me.
Yes they do - I verified it as we were going to do this but instead just had them spread out the charges over three months. But you bean call anytime she said and pay with any credit card.

Several years ago there was a promotional 5% rewards for Disney purchases on the card. I paid off roughly $50k of points (right before selling) and received $2500 in reward dollars.

Once again - breathing life into an almost dead thread - but if I want to use my Disney rewards for renewing our Gold APs next year, do I have to cash them in first, or do I just charge them to my Disney visa and then apply the rewards directly to my visa account?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter