Pat Robertson dead at 93.

When someone evil dies, there is nothing wrong with celebrating that. What matters is how you treat others while you (and they) are alive. I have never understood the sentiment that the dead deserve some sort of ultimate level of respect. They are dead.

I'll reiterate. It's not about who died or respecting them at all. I didn't respect this man and still don't. It is certianly still valid to criticize him and his ideas. What I don't want to do is hope for people to die. I don't want to celebrate when they do and treat it as some great thing - even if I hated them. Of course, we shouldn't hate anyone either.

I just don't want to be that kind of person.

I'll reiterate. It's not about who died or respecting them at all. I didn't respect this man and still don't. It is certianly still valid to criticize him and his ideas. What I don't want to do is hope for people to die. I don't want to celebrate when they do and treat it as some great thing - even if I hated them. Of course, we shouldn't hate anyone either.

I just don't want to be that kind of person.
Then don't.

But, also, don't keep telling people how they should feel and how they should react.

Sometimes it's difficult to find the words to satisfy the occasion.

That's where Gifs come in:
giphy.gif

Not a human I ever looked up to, never struck me as all the compassionate & sits in the same bucket as The Bakers & other groups that vibe unaccountable in dangerous ways.

As time went on, I needed to get bigger and bigger buckets, nowadays this bucket is bigger and holds more than what is outside the bucket.

Reactions: GAN
People can feel the way they want - I just the hope they understand the irony in hating someone who spread hate. It's just something to think about.

There is no irony in that. HE spread hate. He actually had an impact on millions of people who share his horrible opinions and thereby continue to spread more hate.

My personal feelings of hate are mine. I don't attempt to spread them and make other people join me in my hate. It's mine. You don't have to also hate who I hate and I don't care how anyone else feels about the people I hate.

This is the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter