Passport question - can someone here help????

LoDivaLoca

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell <font color=teal>W
Hi, my friend is visiting from overseas and wanted to know if she drove the Canadian border, would she get a stamp in her passport? It's too long of a story to get into, but she isn't ready to go back home just yet, and needs to get a stamp in the passport in order to stay here (in the US) just a little longer. Otherwise, she has to go back home in 2 weeks!

If anyone could please tell me???? Thanks!!!!

Hi LoDivaLoca - Could you maybe explain a bit more. Do you mean just a stamp on her passport indicating that she has entered Canada? What country is she coming from? Does she need a visa to enter Canada? Do you mean that she wants to visit Canada for a day or two while she tries to extend a visitor's visa to the U.S.? Or is there a requirement that she can't stay continuously in the U.S. beyond a certain length of time?

Sorry to just be answering your question with more questions, but maybe it'll help someone provide a better answer for you.

No problem CindyAnn! :)

Yes, my friend has been visiting, and her visa expires in about 3 weeks. So she'd have to fly all the way back to Europe to get an additional "stamp" to stay here a few more weeks (which she can't really afford the extra trip now, nor does she wanna go at this time). Basically she just needs to leave the US in general to get another stamp extending her visit here, so I was thinking she could maybe drive up to the Canadian border & get the "stamp" she needs extending her visa here.

I hope that helps a little.

Thanks!

Hello
I believe the information you have is correct as I know of people who have done this............but just phone the U.S consulate to be absolutely sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter