PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Yeah I won $800 worth of RooCups, that I had to give away and was told the same thing!
Okay, I had to look up RooCups- but yes- that's not good at all!

The thing about the necklace is that I don't even like emeralds. There's not a single green thing in my closet. On the other hand, at least I won't get pinched on St. Patrick's day now!

WedgieSock said:
Ok, remind me .... do you need to pick them up early as you are doing a 'split' stay because of the FD offer? If you are staying at the same resort prior to your 'package' booking then yes, there is a possibility you will be able to pick up from the front desk at POR.

Oh, ok .... well then yes, you could be selected - how exciting ... keep checking email!

So, this is my Mums reasoning and it kinda made sense lol .... she wanted to get DD a decent pair of sneakers, ones that will wear well & be comfortable. DD is in a womens size 9 :eek: so can't pay kid shoe prices anymore. All the decent sneakers, on sale were around $60-70. They go to Ross and find these Coach shoes for $55 (normally $110) and Mum says, they wear really well & are (apparently) extremely comfortable. They were cheaper than Nikes/Addidas etc and DD has learned a lesson of never to pay full price for anything. Mum says its a win win situation. She tells me that Mum always knows best. So I should be quiet.... and to remember that one day I will have Grandchildren of mine own to spoil. Oh, and that she would really like a cup of tea.

:woohoo: Safe travels!!! Byyyeeeeeeeeee - have a magical trip :wizard:

We got DDs at Old Navy - really nice ones for $25.

I still haven't got my suitcase out :rotfl:

We need photos :yay:

Your Mum has great lessons to teach!!

Found out yesterday that I have an interview tomorrow morning! Eek! One more thing to stress out about before we leave!
I have a phone interview 2 hours before my flight leaves ... it was either that time slot or Monday in the middle of my work day ... but it'll be right before DS & DH get home from school and work, then we can just grab the bags and head for the airport 5 minutes away.
Oh, our first WDW day is Dec 9th.....but we don't come back home until the 17th. I didn't have a travel agent.....how does one get an invitation?

I made yummy homemade turkey noodle soup for dinner......and baked my grandma's recipe for oatmeal cookies......that makes me at about 40 dozen so far this season :eek: Of course I had to freeze a bunch of them so my ds doesn't eat them all while we are in Florida!
The invitations are randomly selected from anybody taking ME to a WDW resort on Dec 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15.
I don't think so sadly.

I have a CM at Guest Services that I contact directly if I need anything and we were talking on Monday about the testing - she said it is only those who take ME, which we don't.
Some DVC members were included in the Sept one, they posted ... it was people who took ME.
We're using ME on our way back to MCO after our vacation....I wonder if we'll be considered?
We DO take ME (Magical Express). DVC members have that option available to them and we are signed up for this trip (though we're only using them for the return trip from the resort to the airport).
I think you have to be taking it on your inbound from MCO to a Disney Resort.

Sore throat is somewhat better. My travelling companion's DS4 has his first ear infection, right before his first flight ... here's hoping we'll all be slightly healthier before Saturday, our first park day! :sick:

I thought you could pick your tickets up 3 days early? but not your dining plan? I'm pretty sure I read it on the ticket sticky or saw Cheshire Figment say it somewhere.

Thats correct, you can pick them up 3 days early .... although if you call up WDW most CM's will say that you can't. The normal procedure is to pick up from Guest Services in a park but, in Kathy's case, because her package starts at the same resort she is already checked in at, she can get her tickets early from the front desk (because in theory they are already there waiting for her to check-in on the 10th). If she was staying at a different resort prior to her POR check-in, she would have to pick up the tix up from the parks.

Does that make sense? I dunno with me sometimes :teeth:

ETA: correct, your dining won't kick in until the package does.

Yay! I'm excited to see if any of our roll-call friends get picked to test FP+
Not me, so far.
That's part of the reason I signed up for DME (at one point it seemed like reserving DME increased one's chances of being picked).
Hopefully something tomorrow!

QueenElinor said:
Oh my goodness! So many people leaving- or about to! Have fun all you lucky December early birds.

Well, today I found out that my dog needs a titanium implant in her knee- the surgery is tomorrow. It's also going to cost as much as my week at the YC. Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about splurging a little at Disney! But my Disney plans are all taking a backseat to my worries about the pooch. I just can't make her wait until we get back from Disney, but I'm going to worry about her the whole time we're gone.

I once had a Coach bag and the turn lock on it broke. Coach fixed it for free- not too many companies will do that.

But the reason why I'm not a more of a Coach fan is that it's hard to find a bag of theirs that doesn't scream "Coach". For a little more, I really prefer Cole-Haan. Talk about great quality. After Cole-Haan it seems like there is a huge gap where bags cost a lot more but aren't any better in quality, until you get to the really high-end stuff like LV. The nice thing about Coach and Cole-Haan is that they are leather-goods companies, not just some designer that slaps their name on something and charges three times more than everyone else for something that will fall apart in a year.

Hopefully your pooch has a quick and easy recovery!

What I love about my coach bag- aside from a small label you wouldn't know who made it. It looks like a timeless well made leather bag. I don't like the ones that scream coach either...

So tonight I ruined my DD's (almost 7) life--again. I took her to my hairdresser, a hs friend of mine. Her hair hadn't been cut since June, and I wanted it to look healthy for Disney World. I told him I wanted her to have a bob, and then asked what she wanted--silence! She won't talk around new people. So my friend starts cutting her hair, and it is SHORT! It is up to her chin--really cute--but she sobbed most of the way home. She said now her hair won't be long enough for a bun at BBB (oh, you're doing BBB now, I ask?), and she doesn't want her hair looking like this at Disney. I told her about the Diva style, where they add extensions, and showed her pics when I got home. Oy. Now she is saying again she doesn't want to do BBB. If I didn't love this girl so much, I tell you...:mad:

levenhopper said:
Did anyone else buy Powerball tickets for tonight? If so, what would you do with the money? Outlandish dreams are welcome here :)

Personally, I'd put half into a philanthropic trust. The other money would go to me and my family: paying off my sister's college tuition, my own college tuition, a new car, money for my parents to retire, and buying a house for myself in Disney's Golden Oaks project.

I did on Sunday. Stopped at an awesome local deli that we love- they would get a pretty awesome kickback.

I would donate a lot, set up trusts for my loved ones and volunteer... Not sure if I would buy a home in golden oaks :) I would worry I would lose some Disney magic ;)

I would also arrange the best Dec Roll Caller DISmeet!

Well, today I found out that my dog needs a titanium implant in her knee- the surgery is tomorrow. It's also going to cost as much as my week at the YC. Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about splurging a little at Disney! But my Disney plans are all taking a backseat to my worries about the pooch. I just can't make her wait until we get back from Disney, but I'm going to worry about her the whole time we're gone.

Hope all goes well! Poor baby, sending her lots of pixie dust!

So tonight I ruined my DD's (almost 7) life--again. I took her to my hairdresser, a hs friend of mine. Her hair hadn't been cut since June, and I wanted it to look healthy for Disney World. I told him I wanted her to have a bob, and then asked what she wanted--silence! She won't talk around new people. So my friend starts cutting her hair, and it is SHORT! It is up to her chin--really cute--but she sobbed most of the way home. She said now her hair won't be long enough for a bun at BBB (oh, you're doing BBB now, I ask?), and she doesn't want her hair looking like this at Disney. I told her about the Diva style, where they add extensions, and showed her pics when I got home. Oy. Now she is saying again she doesn't want to do BBB. If I didn't love this girl so much, I tell you...:mad:

Uh-oh .... girls can be such high-maintenance, honestly I feel your frustration. I've been there.

Hoping she'll be feeling better in the morning. Just remind her that the BBB ladies can do magical things with hair.

My2Qtz0205 said:

Awe :hug:

I fear this though... FEAR!

Yay for Part 5!

And many wishes for all of you traveling in the next few hours!

I'm exhausted. I have had to bring work home with me every night this week and it's killing me. I'm off to get some sleep.

Sweet Disney dreams, everyone.

taaren said:
I have a phone interview 2 hours before my flight leaves ... it was either that time slot or Monday in the middle of my work day ... but it'll be right before DS & DH get home from school and work, then we can just grab the bags and head for the airport 5 minutes away.

Good luck with your interview!!

F99C3636-6532-477A-B071-104C2C369A8D-177-000000101574CF9C.jpg

I should go to bed huh?

WedgieSock said:
*sees ticker*

*screams* Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Will you be on here in the morning?? Or do I say my farewells now?? OMG - have a safe trip ...

I leave Friday AM :) I will be on tomorrow and you will get sporadic updates from me on Friday :) once I take off can't promise anything!!

Hehe you seem the panicky type!! :teeth: I do love reading your posts!

Ok. Off to bed now!

HA! I love the thrill of panicking :lmao: I panic over all the silly stuff. Drives my DH nuts because with really serious stuff I'm all "Meh!" Good night hun x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter