• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paint the Night to MK?

It's not even a DLR parade, it was duplicated for DLR.

Having never seen it in person, I'm happy with a run at WDW. As long as it doesn't turn into a 40 year old, this float are falling apart run I'm ok for it coming by to say hello.

yeah, I saw it in Hong Kong as well and they upgraded it and added floats to it when they brought it to DLR, so if they did the same and made some unique elements for WDW then you have the parade in 3 places but they are all a little different

It's not even a DLR parade, it was duplicated for DLR.

Having never seen it in person, I'm happy with a run at WDW. As long as it doesn't turn into a 40 year old, this float are falling apart run I'm ok for it coming by to say hello.
The frozen float is unique to Disneyland.

So WDW has developed and invested in only two night parades EVER? And after running an MSEP that didn't even belong to WDW into the ground, people want DL's PTN? Disappointing.

I'd be bummed too if there was no MK night parade - and expect WDW to pony up a new parade that's not on the back of DL. And after essentially ruining/destroying both prior parades, maybe they'll take better care of it.

So WDW has developed and invested in only two night parades EVER? And after running an MSEP that didn't even belong to WDW into the ground, people want DL's PTN? Disappointing.

I'd be bummed too if there was no MK night parade - and expect WDW to pony up a new parade that's not on the back of DL. And after essentially ruining/destroying both prior parades, maybe they'll take better care of it.
Actually once upon a time WDW had its own MSEP. That one went away when spectromagic came. Then spectromagic went to rot when DL's MSEP traveled to WDW. DL got lightmagic then which was hated. Spectromagic was supposed to return after a refurb but it was too far damaged to save. I'm with you that people should now demand a new parade not an existing one.

Actually once upon a time WDW had its own MSEP. That one went away when spectromagic came. Then spectromagic went to rot when DL's MSEP traveled to WDW. DL got lightmagic then which was hated. Spectromagic was supposed to return after a refurb but it was too far damaged to save. I'm with you that people should now demand a new parade not an existing one.

Yes, I included MSEP as one of the two night parades WDW has developed. Glad you're with me that they need to build their own dang parade.

And frankly if I was a WDW'er I'd want an original, not a copy of a parade that already exists stateside. Imo getting either a loaner PTN or a copy is like saying beggers can't be choosers. Which is pretty much the case right now....but guests deserve better

Thought I read somewhere that a few of the PTN floats wouldn't be able to make the turn into the hub from the Liberty Square bridge? Don't know if that's true or if they could be modified if true.

Not that they'll ever do it, but I think an AK nighttime parade would be stunning. They could have a new Pandora section, and then one for Africa, one for Asia, one for Dinoland (bring on the gaudy carnival lights).
I totally agree, although animal kingdom is kinda tight for a parade (it's been done before but I know after opening they had issues accomadating floats)

I completely agree, although I think we'd all rather have something in WDW rather than a perfectly good parade sitting unused at DLR whilst MSEP is performing.

It's a good parade but that doesn't mean it's in good shape. My understanding is that PTN needed downtime for a refurb so-to-speak and that some of the performers costumes needed an extensive rework to reduce injuries.

I'd also think it's not as simple as just shipping over the floats. Performers need to be hired and trained, logistics worked out and whatnot, probably not an expense you'd take on for a truly temporary run.

I personally like the idea of traveling parades. What I didn't like about msep is how it never seemed to leave. I'm ok with a 1-5 year run and then replacing it with a well thought out, not rushed amazing 50th anniversary parade or two.. I still think at least 1 other park should also get something like a night parade. I'd also love to see the other variation of MSEP which I think is in japan under a different name? I'm not really up on everything that is everywhere these days.

We all assume PTN might be coming to run at MK, but why not another park? I know the routes aren't ideal but just saying maybe there is something bigger in mind to spread out the entertainment again.

Interesting idea, I could probably get onboard. But first ya gotten have something to exchange. And ya gotta maintain whatever you're borrowing.

I think the exchange part of the deal is a limited large corporation way of looking at things. I would think collectively all the properties together could come up with a way to shift things like parades between parks so there is always something new for that property going on. The every year visitor isn't going to need a parade to come every year. the twice a decade customer might come more often if something they haven't seen changes though and it'll still give a chance for everyones favorite...

Now I don't think disney is smart enough to make something like this happening, but 5-6 parades that rotated every so often I would really love. and it's not just because I live near one of the parks but in general I like when disney has change and new things to experience. Parades just seem like that 1 thing that would be easier to make available to people who may never get to other properties to experience. The parks are different enough for that draw and to be honest, put one of the asian parades in WDW for a year or two and you might pull me over to asia to see those parks time to time. Right now there just isnt' enough draw for me to rush over there and I may never do it.

I believe the "drum" that Peter Pan is on is unique to DLR as well
The drum was added to be a tribute to the Main Street Electrical Parade. :)

I'll post what I just mentioned on the News Round Up Thread. I think PTN is better themed for Disneyland. I only say that because PTN is filled with a lot of Pixar. In many ways, I think the theming works better there since DCA is just a 1 minute walk to Disneyland, and DCA is filled with Pixar. I think WDW needs a nighttime parade, but I will agree with @rteetz. WDW needs to make its own parade that it can call its own. Taking parades that have already been created loses the "originality" of WDW to me. I enjoy going to WDW to ride rides I can't ride at Disneyland, and I enjoy going to Disneyland to ride rides that I can't ride at WDW.

The drum was added to be a tribute to the Main Street Electrical Parade. :)

I'll post what I just mentioned on the News Round Up Thread. I think PTN is better themed for Disneyland. I only say that because PTN is filled with a lot of Pixar. In many ways, I think the theming works better there since DCA is just a 1 minute walk to Disneyland, and DCA is filled with Pixar. I think WDW needs a nighttime parade, but I will agree with @rteetz. WDW needs to make its own parade that it can call its own. Taking parades that have already been created loses the "originality" of WDW to me. I enjoy going to WDW to ride rides I can't ride at Disneyland, and I enjoy going to Disneyland to ride rides that I can't ride at WDW.

Although one could argue there already is the entirely Pixar parade in DCA so why do they need another Pixar heavy parade?

I am fully supportive but f a new parade if it is amazingly. I just really like Paint the Night and would rather that than another parade that I don't like as muc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter