PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

Discharged yesterday, so back home. Reba was happy to see me after a week. Infusion appointments every other day again to have bloodwork checked. The mentioned doing another round of chemo before the transplant, but it would be done as an outpatient this time. Waiting on sister's results for bone marrow match, and transplant team is meeting for update on Monday.
Hopefully we can get a date soon for the transplant so that we can get this going and eventually over with. DW purchased the Lego Space Shuttle for my next stay. She is great. The Hubble telescope that is included is 52 steps to build. The Shuttle is over 500 steps to build. Saturn V was just over 300 steps.
So who is booking a stay in the new Star Wars hotel ?? 4800 dollars for a basic room stay for 2 people, I will pass.

Once I can get at least a 75% discount maybe? At 4800 per person for the stay (1209 a night each...oh heck no.)

Glad you are home for next phase of your treatment. At least there you have Reba and familiar.

Last edited:
Discharged yesterday, so back home.

So who is booking a stay in the new Star Wars hotel ?? 4800 dollars for a basic room stay for 2 people, I will pass.
Glad to hear you are back home.

I'll have to pass on the Star Cruiser voyage. And I think you missed some fine print.

That is $4800 PER PERSON for double occupancy.

j

So here we are Monday, tomorrow I have a meeting with my Dr and transplant team. See how thing are going to go.

Last week we got our new furnace and central air installed. Central air is working well, still need propane tanks dropped and connected so we can test the furnace part. That should be occurring tomorrow.

I am hanging in there, some days are better than others.

Good AC is nice on a day like today. Did you go full on furnace or hybrid heat pump?

Hoping you get good news and plan together.

Bloodwork yesterday was good, so they have once again moved me to twice weekly. Still waiting on last donor results, and then we can work on scheduling my transplant. Looking like it will be the end of September now. Not thrilled to be pushing the date back, but it is what it is. Been doing my homework and reading all I can on Be the match, which is the database.

1) Have not been posting much, as so many others have kept you busy reading their posts.
2) Have enjoyed seeing your progress with such a serious illness.
3) I am so happy things are coming along.
4) Will continue to keep you on my DAILY prayer list.

5) Your comments about DW and her care struck a note.
6) I had a head-on crash with a tourist on 2/15/17, and my DW took care of me.
. . . broken back in 2-places plus broken ankle
. . . took almost 15-months to walk with the aid of crutches and a cane
. . . 8-days Intensive Care (for 3-days doctors wondered if I would walk again)
. . . 31-days total confinement
. . . had to have help doing ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING
. . . any effort was painful, and sometimes even breathing did
. . . without her, do not know what I would have done
. . . OK, I do know (it involved my bottle of Oxycontin)

GET WELL AND BEAT THAT THING !!!
Father Joe

Last edited:
Today was another trip to the hospital for bloodwork. Once again, no need for blood products as numbers were still good, things are dropping but still ok. They were watching my liver counts, which maybe elevated a bit due to several medications. Next week they are going to test and see if they need to adjust meds.
I am feeling good, eating well. Hard sometimes to believe I am sick, but tire quickly depending on what I am doing. Waiting on my transplant date, hopefully they will have some word for me on Wednesday when I go back.

This week has brought a change of chemo, and with it sickness and sleepiness. No further news on my last match, and no further contact from my transplant team. We had a required zoom meeting with the educator, not much we had not already learned. So holding at bloodwork twice a week.
The having nausea is the worst part, the next worst is having time to kill and not being able to do much. Would love to work on my Star Wars costume, but no supposed to be dealing with knives, sharp plastic, due to blood thinners.
Hopefully we get a date soon for the transplant.
Sunday I hope to get the RV down and get it full of fuel for the winter, then I will work on winterizing it.

Good luck Chris. It must suck to have to just sit around, especially when there are chores to do. Hopefully the nausea clears up quickly.

Good luck Chris. It must suck to have to just sit around, especially when there are chores to do. Hopefully the nausea clears up quickly.

Yes, sitting around while there is stuff to do does suck. I have been trying to do what I can, but things like mow the lawn I am not able to do and for at least a year after the transplant will not be able to. The nausea is tied to the medication, so it is just a matter of managing the symptoms until transplant.
And I see Disney has decided pay to ride is the way to go, not sure I am a fan of that decision. Would like to see Disney at Christmas, but with party increases in cost, other things going up, it will most likely be out last trip.

These increases are sad. Not sure even at the last pricing if the after hours events are really worth it. We did the Christmas party in 2018, it was fun and all. Just not 119 a person fun and we all agreed not worth it to ever bother again unless they added massive perks.

119 is cheap, i think the after hours stuff is like 189 now. No way. I am blessed to have some disposable income and time, but im not that blessed.

These increases are sad. Not sure even at the last pricing if the after hours events are really worth it. We did the Christmas party in 2018, it was fun and all. Just not 119 a person fun and we all agreed not worth it to ever bother again unless they added massive perks.

We did after hours at AK in '19, it was worth every penny, we had a blast, rode FOP, Dinosaur (the kids) and EE many times all walk on. plus AK at night is really awesome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter