PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

119 is cheap, i think the after hours stuff is like 189 now. No way. I am blessed to have some disposable income and time, but im not that blessed.

I was referring the last time I we paid for a party (2018) that was the cost and we barely felt it was worth the extra price.

We did after hours at AK in '19, it was worth every penny, we had a blast, rode FOP, Dinosaur (the kids) and EE many times all walk on. plus AK at night is really awesome

In 2019 we did the Villians after hours. That was like 86 with DVC discount and I felt that one we got a LOT more out of because it was a 7 hour event and lots of extras on rides, free food/drink all over.

I was referring the last time I we paid for a party (2018) that was the cost and we barely felt it was worth the extra price.
I know , i was just shoing the new price , lol. I went around then also for the halloween thing. I think it was 89 $ . So reasonable. I cant pay 189 per person. My daughter said whait, what i want to go to the party. I told her we would need to cancle 2 park days to pay for it, now she dosen't bring it up anymore.

This rainy day has me thinking about when our season will wind down and of course if @PaHunter needs a hand with getting his rig tucked away for the winter ahead.

One thing for certain, I am glad I spent the money on this years gravel work. My truck and my RV are cleaner than being parked on dirt.

So today just about an hour ago, I got a phone call, my sister is a match. She is going to be the donor in an attempt to save my life. Now the hospital and the coordinators can start setting appointments and testing to get this process underway.

@jbrostek, May need to take you up on winterization help. We will see how my next week goes and what I learn for my transplant. I do have a 50amp service available here, and a private bathroom in the garage.

Chris Such GREAT NEWS that your sister is a match and things can continue on in the process. Let me know if you need a hand with winterizing the rig sure we can find a way to make a trip your way provided nothing else happens here

Great news on you sister matching. Hopefully the chemo between now and the transplant gets manageable. Take it easy, do what you can.

j

Great news on you sister matching. Hopefully the chemo between now and the transplant gets manageable. Take it easy, do what you can.

j

They gave me something off label for nausea and it seemed to work today. See how that continues. Last big blast of chemo will come right before the transplant to kill off my immune system. Know that will kick my butt for a bit, then will be ok.

1. Thankfully we do not pay to enter the parks.
. . . as retirees, we get a lifetime Silver Main Gate Pass
. . . our Silver Passes are free admission Park Hoppers
. . . they are good for non-ultra-demand-days (and some holidays)
2. There ARE benefits to retiring from WDW.
3. If we want to Pay-To-Ride, at least the day-pain won't be as bad.
. . . but, when we go, we do more people-watching than riding
. . . my only mandatory MK ride is Carousel of Progress
. . . I saw it at 1964 World's Fair and still love it
4. I cannot imagine people paying $131 for MK, and pay-to-ride.
5. That is about $150 for a single-day ticket!
6. One day, the public will revolt and do Universal or SeaWorld.
7. After closed 1-year, people are ready to spend-and-spend.

8. Contrary to Gordon Gekko, GREED-IS-NOT-GOOD.

Scupper, like you I too remember COP from the 64 Worlds Fair along with Small World. Those are 2 must do every trip for me. I do miss the 1 frowning doll on Small World .
Five years later I would be introduced to the world of COP's narrator Jean Sheppard I listened to his radio show on WOR at 9pm, read his books when I could get my hands on them. I still have them in my library.

Ok, so back on track here. Today was two appointments, the first was for an excercise trial they are conducting to see how and if it benefits patients. Then it was off for my blood work once again. No blood products needed but my ANC was down very low. This is what tells if your body can fight an infection. I am to the point that I almost can not. May have to pack my suitcase just in case. Not sure how long or if they will let me stay home with that number so low and dropping. We will see.

Feel better and stay away from people untill numbers get higher. Rooting for you!
ugh. no infections, stay away.
Fingers crossed those levels return.

Staying away from people as much as possible. Yes we do not want an infection. And well my ANC level will hit zero again, probably by Saturday's blood work. Just means I need to be very cautious and mind what I eat while neutrapenic.
The lower my numbers stay for now after the last chemo, the less chemo I will need to take for my last round. I will also be undergoing Total Body Irradiation at the same time to make sure all the cancer cells and bone marrow are dead prior to my transplant. I meet with the Dr. on Wednesday to discuss the transplant and hopefully set up my transplant date. Feeling good today, staying cool in the AC as it is to be 93 outside.

Keep up the great attitude. The chemo is doing it's job if your counts are that low. It just makes it hard staying safe getting to the transplant date. Fingers crossed they get you scheduled soon.

j

So last night was a family zoom meeting. We discussed my upcoming transplant, my sister's coordinator said they will be ready for mid Sept. Now to see if my coordinator can have things ready on my end. I have a bunch of appointments on Weds and Thursday to get ready.
Went to the hospital this morning, blood work was good. Came home to find a wayward tire damaged our vehicle sitting in the driveway. Fell off from under someone''s truck, yea.
So we are just standing in the house dealing with that, when the power goes out, really. It is mid 80's out, sunny and now no power. Well the electrical company came out and luckily it was an easier fix, power was only down for 2 hours.
So meeting with Dr on Wednesday, hope to have more information on the transplant then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!