our truly magical 1st cruise... April 26 Eastern Caribbean

Keep it coming! Our trip isn't until Dec.'09, so I'm living vicariously through the trip reports! Love the pictures.

I think we are on the Western before you. Are you going Dec. 26th? We are going on the 12th! Looking at Western excursions already! :rotfl:

I hope to have the next installment up tonight. DD and I have a cough/cold and I have been tired! But it's Friday!! :banana:

Yep, we're going Dec. 26th. We are surprising the kids. They will find out that Christmas morning! We are also looking at excursions already. I can't believe we have a year and 7 months to think about this.

Day 3 another day at sea and Palo Brunch!

I was up again today at 6:30, showered and up to the Cove Cafe for a mocha. It is so interesting to see the CM in the morning, getting the ship ready for the day. Mostly adults out and about this time of day, probably doing the same I am doing... getting some peace and quiet before the kids wake up. :rotfl: I just walked around for a bit after sipping my coffee while laying on one of the loungers near the cove cafe, did a lap on deck 4, then headed back up to the room and fell back asleep until around 9ish. Got the kids and DH up and got dressed for Palo brunch. While Alan showered and got dressed, I took the kids up to Topsiders for some breakfast. I love that they have a kids buffet line at Topsiders!

DisneyCruise371.jpg

DisneyCruise373.jpg

Mickey waffles!

After the kids had breakfast, I took Kaylee to the Lab where they just got started making Flubber and Josh's age group was at the stack this morning so he went up there. Then I went and picked DH up in the stateroom and we went up to Palo. We really really enjoyed our brunch. Our server was Sylvester and he was awesome!! I really cannot say enough good things about him. He was very attentative, took his time walking us through the buffet line explaining everything and very friendly all around! We had
champagne and the buffet was soooo delicous. We also ordered sausage pizza, eggs benedict and some other egg dish that I can't remember the name of now. We ate soooo much and it was all so delicious! We were there from 10:30 until noon.

DisneyCruise374-1.jpg

DisneyCruise377.jpg

DisneyCruise378.jpg

DisneyCruise379.jpg

I can't remember what the dessert on the right is called, in the little glasses, but oh my god.... heaven on EARTH!! I think I had one and then Sylvester brought me about 4 more! :rotfl:

After brunch, we headed down to Shutters. I initially purchased the 5 8x10 pictures. We are not very big on purchasing pictures when we go to the parks, so I never thought we'd buy so many!!! :scared1: But we were already up to 4 8x10's and had a 6x8 in our hands, so we upgraded our package to the 5 6x8 and 8 8x10. Who can resist the pictures though, they are all so great. We bought quite a few from formal night. We don't get family portraits done too often, so this was well worth it!

Then DH and I took a stroll around deck 4. Got a page from Josh that he checked himself out of the Lab and was heading to the Mickey Pool. Shortly after, we got a page that Kaylee wanted to be picked up from the Lab, so we went down there. They were at Ocean Quest and we checked her out. She wanted to go swim so we went to the cabin so she can change. DH kind of dozed off while there, I guess all the yummy Palo food got to him. Josh showed up in the room too. I guess he was waiting for us at the Mickey pool and we never showed up so he came to find us. I took both kids up to the pool and sat there for a few hours reading while they played. Kaylee got tired around 2 or so, and wanted to rest in the cabin, so we told Josh who was playing with some kids. We went to the cabin and Kaylee watched TV and never fell asleep. Me on the other hand, laid down on the bed and fell asleep until 5pm!! Yikes!! Josh showed up sometime while I was asleep.

We all got ready for dinner after I woke up. Dinner today was at Animators Palate. I had some sort of shrimp and crab with avocado apetizer, some sort of salmon salad and beef tenderloins for dinner, and a sundae for dessert. I am sorry, I can't remember the exact name of what I had. It's all a blur already. The light show was great and Sorcerer Mickey came out at the end along with all of the servers. It was a fun show!!

DisneyCruise381.jpg

DisneyCruise383.jpg

DisneyCruise385.jpg

DisneyCruise391.jpg

DisneyCruise397.jpg

After dinner, we headed down to the Atrium for pictures. I wanted to get Kaylee with Minnie but the line was way too long, and we couldn't do both Minnie and Sorcerer Mickey before the show, so we stood in line with Mickey and had both kids pictures taken with him. We also ran into Brent. I love Brent. I think he should make a CD of just him talking. I would totally buy that.

DisneyCruise399.jpg

DisneyCruise401.jpg

Tonight's show was Twice Charmed. I made DH stand in line while I was in the line with the kids for Sorcerer Mickey. After the picture, Kaylee decided that she wanted to change out of her dinner clothes. I left Josh with DH and ran down to the stateroom with her in record time since it was already close to 8pm and I knew they would open the theater doors soon. I made her change in record time and up again we went. The doors were open by then
and DH and Josh managed to save 2 spots for us pretty close to the front. I know, I know, saving seats... BAD!! The show was really great, Kaylee
enjoyed it a lot and even Josh did even though he isn't into princesses for obvious reasons ;) We went to the gift shop after the show. Seems like we are there every day spending money, but it's not REAL money when you use your KTTW card right? We had to get DH a shirt for pirate night tomorrow, and well, some other things! :rolleyes1

We went down to the room after, I wanted the kids to shower before bed since there would be no time tomorrow morning. I ran back up
to Shutters and picked up the Sorcerer Mickey photo (told ya, Shutters is like an addiction!). I also went and got my nightly tea and a soda from the soda station on deck 4. I love being aft, because it's only a short elevator ride up to the drink station. I went up there in my pajamas and was afraid that I would run into Brent! :rotfl2:

We had a pretty low key, relaxing day. Our towel animal tonight was a turtle!

DisneyCruise402.jpg

Tomorrow... land at last!! St. Maarten!

Great photos - I especially like the one of your two kids with Mickey - it looks amazing with the white background!

We love Sylvester! He was our server back in May of '03 and it was great to see him at Palo!

As for saving seats...who would ever do that. :rolleyes1

We love Sylvester! He was our server back in May of '03 and it was great to see him at Palo!

hahaha Mary!!! Yeah one night, this lady that looked vaguely familiar saved 4 (FOUR!) seats!! The nerve! :lmao: :rotfl: And people wonder why I stick my tongue out!

dreamcometrue said:

After brunch, we headed down to Shutters. I initially purchased the 5 8x10 pictures. We are not very big on purchasing pictures when we go to the parks, so I never thought we'd buy so many!!! We don't get family portraits done too often, so this was well worth it!

Ditto on the family portraits. We've got a ton of school pictures and photo's of DS playing baseball, but nothing professional of the family. I purchased the (5) 8x10 and (10) 6x8 package - I had a really hard time putting the rest of the photo's down the shoot. It's tough to just throw away great photo's of your kids. :sad2: Disney knows this!!

Kay, another great addition to your trip report. I check every few hours to see if there are any updates. I'm really glad I got to meet you!!

Yea, we ran into a woman the first night who saved five seats and got pretty nasty with us and another family when we tried to sit in them. We stayed clear of her the rest of the week. She saved those same seats for every show. It was actually great pre-show entertainment watching her for 20 minutes fighting off the hungry masses...lol

We had Sylvester for Dinner at Palo. I agree, he was wonderful. He just kept bringing food to the table. Just "try it" he kept saying....lol...by the end of dinner all I could think of was I need to get out of my tux.

As much as we loved dinner at Palo, I have to say, Mary was right....brunch is a definite "do not miss". We will be booking brunch before dinner, that's for sure. And if Sylvester is still there we will ask for him.

New to the boards so I can not post any pics until my post count goes up. I took some really good pictures at the shows that I think many will enjoy. My avatar is a pic I took at CC.

that's all for now.

Chuck

OK, so my husband and I weren't much interested in brunch at Palo until we saw your pictures! We thought that we didn't want to spend that much time out of our sea day in a restaurant, but we are having second thoughts now. It looks amazing. Can't wait to hear the rest.

OK, so my husband and I weren't much interested in brunch at Palo until we saw your pictures! We thought that we didn't want to spend that much time out of our sea day in a restaurant, but we are having second thoughts now. It looks amazing. Can't wait to hear the rest.

you should definitely do brunch!! It's amazing. It's only an hour and a half out of your sea day and WELL worth it! We didn't do dinner because it was important to us to eat dinner as a family each night. We will do brunch again for sure on our next cruise! I wanted so badly to take more pictures of the whole buffett but my DH was embarrassed by me taking pictures so I didn't! :rotfl:

Ditto on the family portraits. We've got a ton of school pictures and photo's of DS playing baseball, but nothing professional of the family. I purchased the (5) 8x10 and (10) 6x8 package - I had a really hard time putting the rest of the photo's down the shoot. It's tough to just throw away great photo's of your kids. :sad2: Disney knows this!!

Kay, another great addition to your trip report. I check every few hours to see if there are any updates. I'm really glad I got to meet you!!

hey Randy, maybe we can have a mini DIS meet when we come in Dec. 09. :goodvibes

I know, it was very hard throwing away the pictures. Especially since Kaylee wanted to buy them all!! She was always the one posing with the characters, Josh is not into all that anymore, so I didn't want to end up with 10 pictures of her with characters and none of him. I bought a few of her, but mostly pictures of the whole family and the kids together!

sorry guys. I didn't abandon my trip report, just been busy with work and family stuff. I will have a new installment up asap! :thumbsup2

I agree with Dreamcometrue....the brunch is the best.

cheryl

dreamcometrue said:
sorry guys. I didn't abandon my trip report, just been busy with work and family stuff. I will have a new installment up asap!

Whew. I was suffering withdrawal pains. :-) I love me some Trip Reports!

Thanks so much for posting your trip report. It's like being on the cruise all over again! We enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a really great time. We drove back to New Orleans (again with a van full of luggage), and got home on Sunday evening. Every day I say, "Two weeks ago today we were doing this, and this....." Post-cruise depression I guess.

Ginny

Thanks so much for posting your trip report. It's like being on the cruise all over again! We enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a really great time. We drove back to New Orleans (again with a van full of luggage), and got home on Sunday evening. Every day I say, "Two weeks ago today we were doing this, and this....." Post-cruise depression I guess.

Ginny

3 weeks later just like you, I am still doing the "we were doing this..." and to think I have to wait a year and a half till the next one..ugh Unless some kind soul gives up their spot on the DVC member cruise in September.

Just wait until you have a 1 year anniversary of the last time you cruised and your DD7 says - Mom, what would we have been doing today? and unfortunately, you remember exactly what port you were in, etc.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Day 4...land at last!! St. Maarten! (warning, lots of pictures ahead!)

This morning I woke up, showered, and walked on deck to see us approaching St. Maarten. It was good to see land after 2 days at sea.

DisneyCruise404.jpg

I went back downstairs to wake everyone up and DH went up on deck to videotape the docking while the kids looked out the window. We ordered roomservice breakfast the night before and it arrived in our cabin a little before 7. Alan showed up right after it and we ate and then got ready to go. Our excursion met in Rockin Bar D. Can I just say how inconsiderate I find it of people to show up late to a thing like that? People strolled in at 8:15,
coffee and danish in hand, like they did not have a care in the world. Our meeting time was 8am. Everyone was waiting for them. It just irriates me. We booked the St. Maarten Island Tour & Butterfly Farm excursion. We were taken to a bus by the dock and drove around the Island. Our tour guide Jimmy was great and slowed down a lot for everyone to take pictures and let us get off the bus for about 10 minutes at a scenic spot.

DisneyCruise427.jpg

We then proceeded to the Marigold shopping area where we had 45 minutes to spent. I found that time frame to be a bit short, we felt a bit rushed. There was a great flea market there and we got some shopping done.

DisneyCruise438.jpg

After that, we continued on to the butterfly farm which my whole family just loved. There were hundreds of butterflies there and we spent another 45 minutes there. Also included was rum and juice or just plain juice for the kids

DisneyCruise453.jpg

DisneyCruise456.jpg

DisneyCruise460.jpg

We drove back to the dutch side of St. Maarten where the ships are docked. There were 3 other ships in port and can I just say that the Magic was the only one that made my heart skip a beat :)

DisneyCruise472.jpg

DisneyCruise473.jpg

We strolled around the dock area for a bit since there are some shops there, then we all decided we were hungry and went back onboard to have lunch at Topsiders.

Kaylee decided she wanted to stay on the ship, so I took her to the Lab. Josh, Alan and I got off again and took a water taxi to the main shopping area. A lot of shops were closed since there was a big parade that day, but a lot were still open, especially around front street and where the beach was. We didn't bring our bathing suits, so we just got our feet a bit wet and then just strolled around and looked around and enjoyed the caribbean atmosphere.

DisneyCruise494.jpg

I got a bit nervous leaving Kaylee on board. I don't know how people go on whole excursions with their kids in the club, I was nervous after about 2 hours. We headed back, and she paged us about an hour later. We just hung
around the room and relaxed a bit until it was time to dress for dinner. Tonight was pirate night and we were in Parrot Cay. I had some sort of shrimp appetizer again (love the shrimp) gumbo soup, and some seafood dish with pasta. White chocolate cheesecake for dessert. It was delicous as always. There was also a little show the servers put on and almost everyone participated in.

DisneyCruise498.jpg

DisneyCruise499.jpg

DisneyCruise501.jpg

DisneyCruise503.jpg

DisneyCruise505.jpg

Kids had their picture done with pirate Mickey and pirate Minnie after dinner and I went to the rebooking agent and booked our next cruise for December 2009!!! Western Itiniary this time. So I was giddy all night after that, knowing we'd be back on the Magic!

DisneyCruise509.jpg

DisneyCruise512.jpg

We went back to the cabin because Kaylee wanted to change into different clothes. Our towel animal for tonight was a monkey!

DisneyCruise514.jpg

DisneyCruise515.jpg

Josh with his fake pirate teeth

DisneyCruise516.jpg

our awesome stateroom host Marilyn!

We just strolled around and eventually grabbed some good seats up on deck 10 and waited for the pirate party to start. It was a great show and the fireworks were awesome, but by the end, the kids were completely exhausted, we didn't even make it to the buffet on deck 9. As soon as we went back to the stateroom, and they changed into their pajamas, they were
out like a light.

DisneyCruise519.jpg

DisneyCruise527.jpg

DisneyCruise533.jpg

DisneyCruise535.jpg

DisneyCruise542.jpg

I managed to snap a picture of the buffet as we walked by it!

Tomorrow... St. Thomas and dolphin encounter

Completely awesome pictures of Pirates night! I loved the butterfly pictures as well. Thanks for sharing with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter