Our 6-night Disney Christmas Feast! 12/25-12/31-Updated 1-24 w/ Crystal Palace

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your reviews! I've been trying to get my boyfriend to try Chefs de France for some time now - hopefully some of the comments from your review can help me in persuading him.

Also, as many of the other posters have mentioned, you truly do write very well. I'm the editor of my college newspaper and, I have to say, you are more talented than a good half of the writers on staff, haha. Seriously - stick with it. It's a great talent to have which you can use in a variety of career paths.

Looking forward to more! :)

Great reviews!!! Even though I don't have plans to eat the CS resturants you've reviewed - I've enjoyed reading them. I can't wait to read more.

Fantastic reviews! I can't wait to read more. I am not sure when we will get to have our next Disney adventure and it is great to live it vicariously through you. Your descriptions are so good. Thank you for giving me my Disney fix. popcorn::

These are great reviews! Your teachers must be very proud of your writing skills!

Thanks for all the positive responses! I appreciate it. I’m glad you are enjoying my reviews… It’s fun to write and remember everything that we did.

Day 4- 12/28
Lunch: Cantina de San Angel
Dinner: Le Cellier Steakhouse

We went to bed early the night before, and actually got up an hour later than usual today, since we weren’t going to any extra magic hours! For breakfast, I went down to Roaring Forks and used snack credits for baked goods to bring back to the room. We found this to be a very poor excuse for counter service throughout the week. The selections weren’t very varied, and it was too small for the volume of guests at WL. The food didn’t look very appetizing, either. We never actually had a full meal here, so I guess I have no room to talk, but it didn’t look good. We had seen some cupcakes and cookies that looked good from here, yesterday, and hoped to get some for breakfast. Unfortunately, they only offer breakfast pastries in the morning, go figure. Andrew and I went down, and we ended up getting muffins for mom and dad. I got a cherry Danish, and Andrew got a bagel with cream cheese. The muffins, looked bad, but they were the only things we thought our parents would possibly eat. The muffins, which I think were banana, ended up being as awful as they looked. They were dry and tasteless. They were a decent size, though, if that’s the kind of muffin that you enjoy. My Danish was good enough; it was a little on the stale side, but satisfied my hunger. I would have preferred it with more fruit, but it was just fine. Andrew liked the bagel- I guess that’s something you can’t mess up.

After our breakfast, we caught the bus to Epcot, and go to the turnstiles right after they opened at 8:00. We spent the morning in Future World. We got fastpasses for Soarin’ which had a 45 minute wait only five minutes after park opening! I’m glad we got to ride it though; it was so much fun! Test Track had a short line, but had technical difficulties for about 20 minutes before we got into the pre-show room. We also got fastpasses for Mission: Space, which only Andrew and I would go on. We had done the intense version before, and wanted to see the difference between that and the less intense one this time. The less intense one was pretty tame compared to the other, but I’m glad that they offer it. We also did Living With the Land and the new Nemo ride in the morning. Nemo was a huge disappointment. I don’t see why anyone would want an aquarium-type ride without real fish.

Cantina de San Angel Lunch

Around 11:15, we made our way to World Showcase, and decided to go clockwise, starting with Mexico. We did El Rio Del Tiempo, one of my favorites, and looked around the shops. We had planned on eating our lunch in China or Japan, but we were very hungry already, and decided to do the Cantina de San Angel instead. The line here moved very slowly, unlike all of the other places that we had gone to for counter service. It wasn’t even overly crowded, but they just didn’t move very quickly. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting (probably 10 minutes) we got our food. Here’s what we ordered:

Me: Nachos
Churro
Large Sprite

Dad: Combination platter (chicken taco, beef burrito, and quesadilla)
Churro
Large Diet Coke

Mom: Nachos
Churro
Large Bottled Water

Andrew: Kids’ Plato del Nino (chicken & cheese quesadilla)
Churro
Large Bottled Water

While dad and I waited for the food, mom scouted out a table. She got a great one, right along the lagoon. One of the major plusses of the Cantina is its location. It’s right on the lagoon, with nice outdoor seating. The food was fair. We enjoyed it because it was a change from what we had been eating. It wasn’t extraordinary, but filling. I liked the nachos, but the only problem I had was that they put each of the toppings in its own section of the tortilla chips. It was too hard to move anything at risk of making a mess, so I ended up having to eat all the chips with beef at once, all the chips with cheese at once, etc. I prefer having everything piled in the middle. The portion was deceiving. It looked small, but was more than enough. Dad enjoyed all of his things, comparing them to the quality of Mexican chain restaurants, like Don Pablos in our area. Andrew also liked his. He likes very simple food, so we were glad that he would eat something here. The churros were very large and extremely sugary. It was a wonderful treat to eat while gazing out at the World Showcase lagoon. They had a weird, kind of rubbery texture, but it was a wonderful sugary treat. All in all, we enjoyed our lunch at the Cantina. Sure it wasn’t amazing food, but it was a change from typical American fare. The location is great, and there are some nice peaceful tables to be found by the waterfront.

3.5 out of 5 :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

CS Credits Remaining: 8
TS Credits Remaining: 13

After lunch, we made our way around World Showcase. It was really crowded, which makes it quite difficult to tour. We saw the mariachi band and went into the Norwegian shops. We also got fastpasses for Maelstrom, which had an hour wait. We skipped China, vowing to come back later to see the acrobats and movie. Andrew just started taking German in school, so he wanted to see the German Christmas storyteller. We had pretty good timing, and had time to look around the shops before seeing her. They had a woman dressed in German costume who told the story of the Christmas tree. She also talked about nutcrackers, and while she told the kids to cover their eyes, a life-sized nutcracker “magically” appeared. I wasn’t too thrilled with the whole thing, but Andrew was pleased, which is all that matters. After this, the crowds were taking a toll on us, so we decided to go back to the hotel. We were excited for dinner at Le Cellier, so we wanted to be in the right frame of mind.

We took our daily afternoon break, and left for our 4:50 dinner at Le Cellier around 3:45. We took the boat-monorail route again. This time, we were much more successful, and didn’t encounter any delays on the monorail or excessively long lines at bag check.

Le Cellier Dinner

We arrived in Canada about 5 minutes early, and were told that they were running about 15 minutes behind. We were fine with that, and looked at the garden area outside. We ended up being seated about 10 minutes late. I didn’t realize how small this restaurant would actually be. No wonder it gets booked so quickly. We were seated in a nice corner booth. It was a little cozy, but not overly close to the tables around it. Our server came over quickly, and asked if we were on the dining plan. She seemed pleased, and proceeded to tell us about what were entitled to, as well as her personal recommendations.

Dad and Andrew both chose the Chocolate Raspberry shake to drink, and I had the Mango smoothie. Mom was boring and got iced tea. The shake was good, but I’m not a big fan of fruit and chocolate together. However, it wasn’t bad, and both Dad and Andrew polished theirs off rather quickly. I absolutely loved the mango smoothie. It was fruity, but had a little bit of cranberry in it, which gave it some extra flavor. It wasn’t overly sweet like the smoothie at the 50s Prime Time Café.

For appetizers, I chose the cheese soup after reading the great reviews. Andrew also chose this. Dad got the beef kabob, and mom had the Caesar salad. I thought that the soup was a bit overrated. It was good, but not overly memorable. I didn’t like the little pieces of celery that were in it, and it was too rich for my taste. I ate the entire bowl, but Andrew decided after a few spoonfuls that it wasn’t for him. Mom and dad tried and didn’t enjoy it either. I really enjoyed dad’s kabob, though! It was tender and juicy, and had a great flavor. If I go back again, that is definitely what I will choose. I wouldn’t pay $10.99 for it, since it was kind of small, but on the dining plan I would order it in a heartbeat. Mom enjoyed her salad, but said she would have preferred a little less garlic. It was a very large salad.

Just a side note on the server- she wasn’t the best. She didn’t divulge any information at all about her hometown during the meal. I guess we could have asked, but I would have preferred if she wanted to share. We also weren’t told anything about the restaurant or the section we were in. Are there sections? I read something about that once we got home, but it wasn’t apparent when we were there. She was much friendlier to the couple sitting next to us. She also seemed more attentive to them. It was like pulling teeth to get a drink refill out of her. Maybe it was just my imagination that she gave them better service. However, they were not on the dining plan, and we were. I hope that didn’t have something to do with it.

For entrées, I got the 7 oz. filet with barbeque sauce and cream cheese mashed potatoes. Mom and dad both chose the strip steak, and Andrew got the kids’ steak. The filet was wonderful! The size was perfect for me. The barbeque sauce was good on it. I was expecting a sauce like you would put on ribs or something, but it was much more subtle. The mashed potatoes were some of the best I’ve ever had. Mom and dad didn’t even come close to finishing their 14 oz strip steaks. I tried it, and it was good, but the filet was even better. Andrew enjoyed the kids’ steak, which is definitely a good size for a kid or anyone who likes kid-sized portions. It came with string beans, which none of us liked. They were tough and crunchy. We all prefer them to be soft. We all enjoyed our meals very much. I found the portion to be just the right size.

For dessert, I was looking for something sweet after the filet and soup, so I choose the duo of sorbets. Mom got the berry buckle, dad got the whiskey cake, and Andrew had the kids’ sundae. The sorbet was quite good, and satisfied my craving for something sweet. It had two small scoops one was each cherry and the other was one mango. It was presented very artistically, with a sculpted sugar thing on top. The whiskey cake was quite good, and I like that they give you a little pitcher of cream with it. It’s rich, but not to the point of being over-powering. The berry buckle was our least favorite dessert, but wasn’t bad. It reminded me of cobbler you could get anywhere. The huckleberry ice cream that it came with was different and worth getting the dessert for. The kids’ sundae was fine, of course. It was small, but Andrew shared with the rest of us.

All in all, our meal at Le Cellier was enjoyable. We loved the food. The atmosphere was so-so. We aren’t crazy about the dark and, in my opinion, somewhat dingy atmosphere. It was cozy, but also a little stuffy. The service left a bit to be desired. Time and time again, she would wait on the table next to us, while failing to even check on us or take away the plates we were done with. I don’t know if it was because we were on the dining plan or not, but I wasn’t impressed with her. In the end, we weren’t crazy about this restaurant. I think it is a bit overrated. We went in expecting it to blow us away and be the best meal of the trip. Don’t get me wrong- it was a great meal. The food was excellent. However, we weren’t crazy about the atmosphere, and service can make or break a meal for us. The mediocre service definitely didn’t ruin the meal, but it put a damper on the experience. We would return, but it’s not at the top of our list. It was good, but not my favorite meal of the trip.

4 out of 5 :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

CS Credits Remaining: 8
TS Credits Remaining: 10 (Andrew was paid for OOP)

After dinner, we walked around World showcase, and saw the American Adventure. Afterwards, we used our fastpasses for Maelstrom, which were from much earlier in the day. We also did the Figment ride, always one of my favorites. I particularly love it because Dad hates it. We concluded the evening by using a second fastpass we had picked up for Soarin’. It was close to park closing by the time we were done, so we made sure to get on the bus back to the hotel before the mass exodus at closing. It was another relatively early night, but we were tired again, and wanted to be at MGM for opening the next day.

AMAZING reviews! I just read all of them and cannot wait for more! Im 18 and also like hearing opinions from someone close to my age group. Your reviews are extremely detailed and wonderful. I especially loved the review of Le Chefs de France and cannot wait to eat there on my trip in February! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more! :)

Sorry I haven't posted any updates in a few days. School has been crazy, from a 24-hour dance-a-thon, to crazy studying. Hopefully, the next week will be less eventful, and I can finish up my last reviews!

Day 5- 12/29

Lunch: Captain Cook’s
Dinner: California Grill

We got up around 6:00 to be at MGM for opening at 8:00. Today was a beautiful day, on the warmer side, but very comfortable. We debated getting breakfast from Roaring Fork again, but decided to get something at MGM instead. We ended up getting to the park about 20 minutes before opening. They were letting people in, but had ropes up leading down to all of the attractions. Some of the entertainers were interacting with the crowd before opening. They were very funny, and helped pass the time. After the “official” rope drop, they let everyone go back towards Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n Roller Coaster. Dad and I wanted to do Tower of Terror again, so we walked right onto that. The ride was wonderfully scary and unpredictable, as always. After that, we decided to get a snack for breakfast from Starring Rolls. There was a bit of a line, but it moved quickly and was well worth it. The pastries we got here were much, much better than the ones from Roaring Fork. I got a chocolate croissant, which was really good. It was flaky and fresh, and had a good amount of chocolate inside. Andrew got another bagel with cream cheese, which he liked again. Mom had a cherry turnover. It was quite large, and had tons of fruit gushing out. It was very good, and well worth the mess. Dad got a cinnamon bun. It didn’t look like it would be too good, but he said it was. It was on the large side, and had a nice sweet frosting on top. Everything we got here was very tasty, and counted as a snack credit!

We ate the pastries outside on a table at the Brown Derby, since all the ones at Starring Rolls were taken. I was wholeheartedly against this decision. Even though the Brown Derby doesn’t serve breakfast, I don’t think we should have used one of their tables. They are meant for upscale restaurant guests, and we were eating our counter service snack breakfast there. Mom was all for it, saying, “It’s all Disney. Why shouldn’t we be able to eat here if it’s not even open?” I don’t agree with this. There are so many ways you could apply that statement that prove how stupid it is! It’s the same as going to the Grand Floridian pool even though we’re staying at Wilderness lodge just because it’s “all Disney”. We would never do that, so why sit at the Brown Derby tables? Well, I was on edge the entire time we were eating, afraid that someone would come out and rightly tell us to leave. I was even more mortified when another family came over to join in the fun! Next thing you know, they’ll be spreading inside the Brown Derby to eat Starring Rolls breakfast!

After breakfast, we went to do the backlot tour. We were on the first one of the day, but unfortunately, the special effects section was down. The tour is pretty predictable, but fine. After that, we went to get seats for the first stunt show. We ended up getting there about an hour early, right as they started letting people into the theater. We got excellent seats though, right in the center section about 3 rows back. We really enjoyed this show, but I don’t think it would be as exciting the second or third time around. After this we decided to make it a trio of shows. Next was the Beauty and the Beast, followed by Indiana Jones. The stand-by line was huge for Indiana Jones, and a very nice family gave us their fastpasses that they no longer needed! That definitely helped, and we got seats in the very front row. I really enjoyed the show more from so close up. Up there, you really feel like you are on a ‘movie set’. After this, the crowds, as usual, seemed unusually oppressive. We quickly walked through the Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream exhibit, before deciding to get some lunch. Everything in MGM was bound to be extremely crowded or didn’t appeal to us. Therefore, I suggested that we eat at a resort. The first one that came to mind was the Polynesian, because it was in the vicinity of our hotel, and I had heard a rumor about a Dole whip machine installation! Dad wasn’t crazy about the idea, but mom wanted anything that would get us out of the park. So, Polynesian it was!

Captain Cook’s Lunch

I was really glad that we chose to eat lunch here. The refurbishment was completed, and I only hope that they eventually implement a similar system across the board! We walked around the Great Ceremonial House for a while. We stayed here about eight years ago, and loved it. Hopefully, we stay here again someday. Once we went into Captain Cook’s, we were unsure as to how the new ordering system worked, but there was a very helpful CM telling us exactly what to do and how to do it using the new touch-screen ordering system. Here’s what we got:

Me: Traditional Flatbread (a.k.a. pepperoni pizza)
Dole Whip
Large Drink

Dad: Double Cheeseburger
Dole Whip
Large Drink

Mom: Caesar salad with chicken
Dole Whip
Large Drink

Andrew: Kids’ Chicken strips
Dole Whip
Large Drink

The new ordering system was very convenient. There are a couple of touch-screen kiosks. They offer pictures of each entrée, and you pick what you want. After you finish, a receipt prints out that you take up to the register. The only thing that confused us was that you only order the entrée using the kiosk. You then pick out your dessert and/or drink separately. For some reason, we expected that you would choose everything on there. When you go to pay, you can choose the dole whip for your dessert! There is a soft-serve machine, and the cashier will give you a small plastic cup that you can put the dole whip in. The cashier also gives you a pager for the entrees. After figuring out the ordering process, which was really quite easy and efficient even though we acted stupid, we went to find a table and get drinks. There are plenty of tables inside, but since it was a pretty nice day, we decided go outside. It is so peaceful and tropical out there, which is precisely why we love the Polynesian. The pager went off after about 5 minutes, and dad went in to get the food. Everything came in a box, which is convenient if you are transporting it back to your room. It was all nice and hot. My “flatbread” was a very good pepperoni pizza with a thin crust. It was large, but just enough to finish. The sauce was good, too, which was an improvement over Pizzafari. Dad enjoyed another hamburger. This one was even better than all the others, though. He also liked that it came with some sort of fried noodles instead of fries. Mom’s salad, was large, and again, pronounced good. Andrew also enjoyed the chicken strips, because they “didn’t taste like frozen ones”. After we ate, we went in to get our dole whips. I know you’re only supposed to get one, but I guess you could keep refilling your cup. It’s a little plastic cup that could easily be kept and reused, since no one watches the machine. You could probably even fill up a refillable mug with dole whip! Anyway, I made sure to give myself a generous portion, since I’m too good- I would never break the rules and refill. We all LOVED this dessert. Even though it wasn’t a hot day, we loved the taste and texture of it. I’ve never had pineapple soft-serve ice cream before, but I definitely will if I ever see it in the future. I was trying to find a good time to get one when we were in the Magic Kingdom, but it was always either too cold or time to eat lunch or dinner when we went near the stand. This was a perfect time to get them. We all loved it and agreed that it would be the perfect treat on a hot day. Maybe I can get my parents to choose Polynesian for our next trip just because of the Dole whip machine. I know that the dole whip doesn’t live up to many people’s expectations. It is simply pineapple soft-serve ice cream. However, it’s something that I’ve never seen before, and tasted wonderful, so I’m hooked! We all agreed that it was a great decision to come to Captain Cook’s and depart from the massive crowds of the parks. The food was great, and the dole whip was even better.

4 out of 5 :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

CS Credits Remaining: 4
TS Credits Remaining: 10

After lunch, we walked around the Polynesian for a little while, and hopped onto the monorail to the Grand Floridian. There, we walked around the lobby and took some pictures by the Christmas tree and gingerbread house. Wow! That lobby is absolutely beautiful, and the Christmas decorations make it even better. I couldn’t believe how large the gingerbread house was. Mom made the “official” decision that this would be the resort for our next trip. (Of course this decision came after having declared that the Polynesian was her favorite 10 minutes earlier, as well as a prior decision that the Wilderness Lodge would be a perennial choice, and an “executive decision” that Contemporary would be perfect for us). I guess we’ll just have to stay at every Magic Kingdom resort! We eventually had to pull ourselves away from the Grand Floridian so that we could get some time at the Wilderness Lodge before dinner at the California Grill. We spent the late afternoon lazily. I think I recall sitting on a rocking chair by the fire and being woken up quite a while later by the raucousness of the Whispering Canyon Café!

California Grill Dinner

Our ADR at California Grill was at 7:40, with Wishes at 9:00. We left our room around 7:00. We hopped on the boat to the Contemporary, and ended up getting there quite a bit early. We browsed the gift shops for a while, and checked in at the 2nd floor desk around 7:30. At that point we felt a bit underdressed. We were well aware of the dress code, and followed it. I had on a polo shirt and dressy shorts. Dad and Andrew also had collared shirts, but dad with jeans and Andrew with tan pants. Mom was wearing something that looked dressier than the rest of us, but wasn’t overly fancy. We were informed that they were running behind, but were welcome to go up and wait in the lounge area. At least once we got upstairs we didn’t feel too underdressed. Many people were dressed similarly to us. A good number were more dressed up, but I didn’t notice anyone blatantly violating the dress code, either.

No sooner had we gone up to the 14th floor and sat down on a couch than our pager went off. We were escorted right over to a wonderful table. It was right next to the window, in the small section closest to the observation deck. I didn’t even realize that was another large area with an open kitchen! We loved the location of our table. It was absolutely perfect. The views of the Magic Kingdom were breathtaking, and we knew that it would be great for Wishes. Our server, Beckey, came over right away to take our drink orders and explain the menu and give personal recommendations. Due to the fast service, Dad began to get worried that the meal would end before Wishes, and that we would have to vacate our wonderful table. I assured him that I read that meals here are generally about 2 hours long.

The drinks were promptly delivered, and we all chose our appetizers. Mom went with the soup. I believe that it was cauliflower soup, which struck me as odd. However, she really enjoyed it and there was a very generously sized bowl. It looked like a cream of chicken soup. It also had caviar in it, which I wouldn’t dare trying. Dad likes it, though. He ordered the endive salad. It looked like someone had gone outside and picked a bunch of weeds and put them on a plate, but he swore that it was wonderful. I decided on the goat cheese ravioli. I was torn between that and a flatbread, but I had just had one for lunch, so I went for the ravioli. The goat cheese was a little strong, just as at Chefs de France, but I sill enjoyed it. I ate the entire thing, and I will definitely look for ravioli with interesting cheeses in the future. Andrew was content to eat some of the wonderful bread and olive oil we were given. We all loved our appetizers, but Dad was constantly warning everyone to slow down, since the meal was moving quickly. I had to keep reminding him that there were two more courses and that we would not be thrown out of our wonderful table.

The service was just wonderful. Everything was cleared away promptly, drinks were always filled, and we felt the presence of our server. At some places they just disappear for long periods of time. Here, Beckey was always around. We barely had time to digest our appetizers, and our entrees were out, which was fine with us. The pace did get slower, though. Mom, Dad, and I all ordered the oak-fired filet, which was kind of boring. However, we all wanted filet again, and no one would have been content just trying someone else’s. The filet was larger than the one at Le Cellier, and so tender. The knives weren’t sharp, but we quickly realized that we didn’t need a sharp knife! We each ordered it cooked differently, and each one was perfect. The teriyaki sauce was wonderful- it reminded me of the Le Cellier barbeque sauce, but maybe a little bit better. The potatoes that came with the filet were also really good. They were described as mashed potatoes, but they were definitely scalloped potatoes with some of the recurring goat cheese that I had begun to develop a taste for. We all enjoyed our entrees, as did Andrew, who ordered the kids’ chicken breast. It was the most grown-up looking children’s meal we saw all week. He was appreciative of that.

Of course, as I expected, we were not nearly done our meal when it was time for Wishes. We were just finishing up our entrees. I was surprised that they didn’t really dim the lights, like I had heard. However, they did pipe in the music. We decided not to go to the observation deck, but stay at our wonderful table instead. I am a huge fan of Wishes, but I wasn’t crazy about Holiday Wishes. I like the normal soundtrack. However, the fireworks were still wonderful and the California Grill was a neat perspective. I’m glad that we had a good table, because I went to check out the observation deck and it was extremely crowded, and raining!

After enjoying the fireworks, it was time for our dessert order. We were told that the valrhona chocolate cake would take 20 minutes. Dad and I decided to choose that. Mom didn’t care, and let Andrew choose for her. He went with the cheesecake. There was a little mishap when Beckey came back with the desserts about 20 minutes later, because Dad had placed the order for all of us. He said “We will have the valrhona cake”, which sounded like we were sharing. I don’t think we had formally announced that we were on the dining plan at that point either, so she only brought one. When we told her that we wanted two, she was very apologetic, even though it was our fault. She offered to get another one, but I elected to get the honey crunch cake instead. She ended up coming back with the honey cake, and a piece of plain chocolate cake on the house, which was more than necessary. The desserts were all wonderful. The cheesecake wasn’t overly special, but nonetheless good, and came with a scoop of peanut butter and jelly ice cream. I don’t think it was a plain cheesecake, but I can’t recall what was on it. The valrhona cake was mom, dad, and Andrew’s favorite. It was very rich, but excellent. The molten chocolate center is to die for. My favorite, though, was the honey cake. I loved the crunchy texture and cream on top. I like a sweet and light dessert, so it was a good choice. The plain chocolate cake was also very good. The chocolate icing was especially creamy and delicious.

We were completely stuffed after dessert, but it was well worth it. Everything was perfect. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. The restaurant itself has amazing views, and our table maximized them. I love the airy and modern feel of the restaurant. It isn’t overly formal on the inside, but sleek and clean. I wouldn’t characterize it as romantic, simply because it is on the loud side. It isn’t cacophonous, but bustling and comfortable. It’s absolutely a signature dining experience worth doing. Dollar for dollar, it isn’t really better to use dining credits on signature meals, because they typically don’t double the cost of the higher-end one credit meals. For example, our California Grill meal was very expensive, but not more than Chefs de France and Le Cellier put together. We would definitely return, and we plan to try another one on our next trip for a new signature experience. My filet was about on par with the Le Cellier filet, but the atmosphere and service made California Grill so much better. California Grill and Chefs de France are about tied as my favorite restaurants.

After dinner, we even got a chance to see the Electrical Water Pageant as it went by the Contemporary while we waited for the boat. A perfect ending to a perfect day!

4.5 out of 5 :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

CS Credits Remaining: 4
TS Credits Remaining: 4 (Andrew was paid for OOP)

:thumbsup2
Excellent reviews!!! You write superbly!! You should turn this in for extra credit!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Although I agree with your Mom on sitting at Brown Derby for breakfast. I would have sat with her because I love those Turnovers!

Matt, you are a wonderful writer and quite insightful! I have really enjoyed reading your reviews to date. I am looking forward to the remainder of them and I, like the other readers, will be patient...knowing that your schoolwork needs to take priority over your recap of your vacation (even though we're all dying for more!). :rotfl:

I agree with the above poster that you should put all of this into a word document, run spellcheck (I did see one or two typos), and submit it for some extra credit...or at the very least, some feedback from your English teacher.

You will do quite well when it is time for you to write all of your college essays, I have no doubt!

My best to you,
Beth @ Penn State:wave2:

Wonderful reviews! We're going to both Le Cellier and California Grill in just three weeks, so it was great to read about your experiences. Thanks!

Matt -- thanks for posting your reviews. Aside from making me hungry they were wonderful.

You have a great writing style.

WOW... I am shocked that you are just 16.. You paint a wonderful picture with such detail.. I can't wait to hear more.

Excellent reviews!!! I'm a teen also, and I LOVE reading reviews from teens. You have an EXCELLENT writing style-do you have a school newspaper...or yearbook? I think your writing would be a fresh breath of air in a publication like that.

(I write for both my school newspaper as head editor and yearbook as head copy editor so I'd *like* to think I know what good writing is!)

:) :) Thanks again for all of the positive comments. :goodvibes

I would definitely love to turn this in to my English teacher for extra credit, but I can imagine the look I would get. "A dining review from Disney.... what in the world is this? It's not a five-paragraph, MLA format essay!"

Unfortunately, I don't write for my school newspaper. I was editor of my middle school newspaper, but when I entered high school, I found it to be very restrictive. They basically recycle topics for articles each year, and anything with a hint of a negative opinion of anything in school is edited out. I definitely could have stuck with it, but I chose not to do it after a few publications. Our yearbook doesn't really seem to involve writing. Maybe I'm missing something, but I know an editor, and her main purpose is to double check the spelling of students' names and approve photographs. It's a difficult job, since we have over 3,000 students, but not my cup of tea. I'm involved in other things, though, so maybe I'll get back into writing for pleasure in college. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter