Other Triton ship updates?

Is it really that bad? I've been considering the repositioning cruise on Halloween because it seems to be the last interesting itinerary on the Magic for a while.
I really wanted to do the Canada one in a few years (Magic or otherwise) - also I could actually drive to NYC without too much hassle so I hope not! My MIL/FIL are going in October, so I'll report back from them.

Is it really that bad? I've been considering the repositioning cruise on Halloween because it seems to be the last interesting itinerary on the Magic for a while. Then it's just Caribbean & Bahamas sailings for a year. Meh.
I didn’t think so! I loved our sailing out of NYC back in 2017. I’d do it again in a heartbeat if they weren’t in the fall, just after school was back in session. The timing just doesn’t work for us.

I didn’t think so! I loved our sailing out of NYC back in 2017. I’d do it again in a heartbeat if they weren’t in the fall, just after school was back in session. The timing just doesn’t work for us.
Fewer kids because school is in session is a positive for me. I'm not worried about rude adults. I did a back-to-back 4-night/3-night Dream cruise in February and the weekend crowd on the 3-night cruise was... Well, louder, ruder, and drunker. I barely used my verandah at all because we had one family constantly fighting and yelling to one side and some guy drinking and smoking on the other side. Even during the trivia events, there were a lot of rude people. The atmosphere definitely felt different than what I'm used to.

I wonder if the relocation cruise would have fewer NY locals since it doesn't come back to NY, though. That might help?

Fewer kids because school is in session is a positive for me. I'm not worried about rude adults. I did a back-to-back 4-night/3-night Dream cruise in February and the weekend crowd on the 3-night cruise was... Well, louder, ruder, and drunker. I barely used my verandah at all because we had one family constantly fighting and yelling to one side and some guy drinking and smoking on the other side. Even during the trivia events, there were a lot of rude people. The atmosphere definitely felt different than what I'm used to.

I wonder if the relocation cruise would have fewer NY locals since it doesn't come back to NY, though. That might help?

3-nights typically have a very different feel than 4-nights because many of the people on them are trying to cram everything in and it just makes them stressed.

Regarding the smoking, that would have been a call and/or visit to Guest Services and that would have been checked out immediately. Not only is it against policy, it's a fire hazard.

Is it really that bad? I've been considering the repositioning cruise on Halloween because it seems to be the last interesting itinerary on the Magic for a while. Then it's just Caribbean & Bahamas sailings for a year. Meh.
We did one of the Bermuda sailings out of NYC in 2019 and didn't run into any rude guests. That was our first and only DCL cruise, and we liked it enough that we are booked on the first one in 2022 as well. I feel so bad for the CMs that they have to deal with that. Every CM we interacted with on our cruise was lovely.

I'd love to see more options from NYC, especially ones that stopped at Castaway Cay. I don't care about the park stop so much; we'd consider staying on the ship rather than trying to blitz through a park in such a limited time.

Our Canada/New England cruise a few years ago is still one of our all-time favorites. The sail away out of NYC is iconic, and we loved the ports, fall colors, etc. We also met a lot of nice people on board. Can’t wait to do one again!

I think that when Hull 6 comes out it will more than likely take the 3/4 night out of Port Canaveral and the Wish will move to Port Eve. Then Hull 7 will come out it will take over the 3/4 night again moving Hull 6 to Port Eve and then they may move the Wish or another vessel to Asia.
This is incorrect. They are contracted to keep multiple new ships at Canaveral. Asia is a mirage. Disney isn’t putting a ship there full time. See NCL and RCCl success rate there.

This is incorrect. They are contracted to keep multiple new ships at Canaveral. Asia is a mirage. Disney isn’t putting a ship there full time. See NCL and RCCl success rate there.

They have previously stated that all 3 new builds are going to sail out of Canaveral so that checks out. If anything, I'd think we would see either the Wonder or the Magic go to the South Pacific at some point.

NCL and RCCL tried but honestly the big problem is that they dont have much of anywhere to sail to. Its lots of short cruises/cruises to nowhere. Also with so much government activity in that area, its not the greatest for passenger cruise ships either.

Prior to the surprise announcement of a 3rd Triton class ship, the industry was buzzing about western cruise lines entering the Asian market and there were rumors that DCL was going to follow the 2 known Tritons with a 3rd custom-designed for that market to build synergy with Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo disneylands. By the time of the actual announcement, NCL and RCCL had already given up. It was generally assumed at the time that the rumors had been true initially, and that DCL subsequently ditched those plans but decided to purchase the 3rd hull anyway for their existing markets. We'll probably never know, but it's safe to say that ship isn't sailing (so to speak) anytime this decade, if ever.

I know the Wish still has that fresh ship smell but I thought I'd pose the question anyway! We learned the Wish's name during D23 in 2019 and sales for the Wish started in May of 2021. Since the next Triton class ship is due in July of 2024, do we think we'll learn more about it at this year's D23? I'm thinking there's gotta be something.

I know the Wish still has that fresh ship smell but I thought I'd pose the question anyway! We learned the Wish's name during D23 in 2019 and sales for the Wish started in May of 2021. Since the next Triton class ship is due in July of 2024, do we think we'll learn more about it at this year's D23? I'm thinking there's gotta be something.
That's possibly been changed to 2025..Meyer Werft can hold 5 in build at one time.

The Wish, the fifth vessel in Disney's fleet, "kicks off the largest expansion in Disney Cruise Line history," said Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney's parks division. Two more ships will be delivered by 2025. Jun 29, 2022

Last edited:
That's possibly been changed to 2025..Meyer Werft can hold 5 in build at one time.

The Wish, the fifth vessel in Disney's fleet, "kicks off the largest expansion in Disney Cruise Line history," said Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney's parks division. Two more ships will be delivered by 2025. Jun 29, 2022
By 25 not in 25 ….
I assume if things go to plan one ship in 24 and one in 25

I think we can definitely expect some announcements, however vague, at D23 for ship #6.

I did one sailing on the Magic out of NYC that was going to Port Canaveral and Castaway Cay. Going into the sailing, it was no where near capacity. The week before we sailed, a hurricane caused the previous sailing to change itinerary and go to Canada. Quite the opposite of a tropics trip, so my understanding was that Disney allowed customers to delay to the next week's sailing for free. So the next week, my friend and I are boarding and it feels like everyone else on the ship is just plain nasty. Passengers are yelling at other people's kids and sniping at their servers. I remember one couple being so mad they didn't have their own table that they refused to eat, so they just sat there with us and made it awkward for everyone else. I chalked it up to the ship generally being full of passengers whose previous week was thrown off, but our servers confided that it is always that bad when they sail out of NYC. So I don't intend to try anything out of NYC again if I can help it. And hey, I lived in Jersey for a while. I work with NYC people all the time. It's not like I'm not used to it, but it is not the magical Disney experience of happiness I'm looking for.

I was on the Bahamas cruise that changed to a Canadian cruise due to Hurricane Matthew coming up the East Coast. Had to repack the last minute for cold weather clothes!. Luckily I am only 30 minutes from the port in NY.

Sorry you experienced nasty people. I am from NY and sailed out of NYC many times...I have to say that I don't think its limited to NY....I have experienced nasty people on all ships from all different embarkation ports...not just NY.

MJ

Ship #6 will be named at D23
I think the last of the Triton class will actually be called the Triton. So the name for #6 will be…

I think that will give the chance to take the best from Wish & 6 to make 7 the destination ship.

I think the last of the Triton class will actually be called the Triton. So the name for #6 will be…

I think that will give the chance to take the best from Wish & 6 to make 7 the destination ship.
From what I’ve heard, I don’t expect Triton to be the name for ship 6 or 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter