ot: question about child support

I too am not a lawyer, but another mom in OH. Yes, you can file the paperwork and no you do not need your attorney to be able to do this. First of all, if your ex is still claiming that he is not working or is working under the table your child support will actually get lowered not increased. As others have explained they take into account both parents wages and there are some various credits as well. For example, if your ex remarried and has other children, he would get credits for the other children, if he pays health ins. for your child, he will get credit for that, etc.

Although my ex is not a dead beat dad, he is a slimeball. This last summer, we lost our oldest daughter to an extremely rare form of cancer. Of course, child support is going to decline but I made the phone call to child support a couple of days after the funeral to make sure I had everything else in order. When I called the lady stated that my ex already called BEFORE the FUNERAL and she had already sent out paperwork. I was in total shock and said WHAT??? To put it mildly, child support department was in shock.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You Ex called before the funeral!::faint::

Thank you! Yes......it was before the funeral. Let's just say that my case worker wasn't in a "rush" to process that paperwork once she realized that. I guess he called up and put on a good show saying how he didn't even think of calling, but that his mother told him to. Crocodile tears and all because not a one was shed otherwise. And when I asked him about help paying for everything.......I was told all he could give was $500 when the previous week he had a $10,000 bonus from work. Found that out through the paperwork we had sent in.

Wow ... I am so sorry for your lost.

These stories are scaring me a bit.

My daughter is two, and I have chosen to not file. I finally went ahead and did it b/c her father dared me to. He told me I didn't have the balls ... seriously. The man has seen her twice since she was five months old and he left ... but it's been better this way.

I honestly don't want to deal with him, and I couldn't imagine not killing him if he did something like what's been mentioned.

And to the pp, I truly am sorry about your loss. How are some men so flippin stupid!

What really makes me mad about the whole child support this is that most men don't(well at least my EX) realize that they write a check once a month and are done with the support. I am with the boys every day being a parent and not out trying to find myself or have a life. Being a parent is hard work and being a single parent is harder. So he pays his support, takes the boys two week-ends a month and thinks he is super dad. Where is he when they are sick, upset, sad or scared. Out in his expensive fishing boat while I am raising our sons trying to make ends meet. To be honest it makes me mad but I would rather do it alone than have him around. The boys know who the real parent is.

I went in for child support 6 years ago. I didn't have a job at the time and my ex was ordered to pay $50.00 a week for our son. After court my lawyer told me to get back in contact with her when I got a job and we'll bring him back to court.
I just got done filling out the paperwork to get it increased (I guess you're allowed to do that every 3 years). I now have a job that I recently got. My question is this....will he have to pay more if I have a job? How do they figure it exactly?
Don't know if this matters, but I'm in Ohio!
Thanks!!!

Not familiar in with your state. Here in NY, there is a fixed percetage the non-custodial parnt pays per child. The only time your income comes in to play is for figuring who pays what % of the medical, child care and educational expenses. Meaning that part is paid by a ratio of your incomes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter