Opinions on what dates these rolling DCL Cancellations will go through - Poll

Opinions on what date these rolling DCL Cancellations will go to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO: DCL will cancel thru mid December and the only reason they haven't officially cancelled is because they're being restrained my management - JMO.
That makes no sense. It would be the higher-ups that decide what to cancel.

What states aren't opening schools in the Fall.?I haven't heard any states say that.

California is preparing for schooling at home in some fashion.
(We are planning electives maximizing which work best from home.)

Cal State Fullerton is all on-line this fall.

I suspect many universities are making serious plans for not meeting in person next fall.

California is preparing for schooling at home in some fashion.
(We are planning electives maximizing which work best from home.)

Cal State Fullerton is all on-line this fall.

I suspect many universities are making serious plans for not meeting in person next fall.
Does California count? I was referring to k-12 mandatory schooling.

Does California count? I was referring to k-12 mandatory schooling.

I'm talking about my (current) first grader and 6th grader. We are dealing with a very real possiblity of not fully returning to school in the fall.

What states aren't opening schools in the Fall.?I haven't heard any states say that.

Gov. Pritzker in IL has advised that schools should prepare for both virtual learning and in person learning for fall. Too soon to say if schools will be open or closed, but there is a possibility they would not be open yet.

I can't imagine that cruise lines will be running if entire states schools are not allowed to go back in full fashion.
States will be open for school in the Fall. If there's a few that aren't they will be in economic collapse because parents won't be able to work.

States will be open for school in the Fall. If there's a few that aren't they will be in economic collapse because parents won't be able to work.

I don't disagree with you.

However, I still assert that if states are wondering if SCHOOL can return, its highly unlikely CRUISING can return.

(I also don't understand why bowling alleys are open, but that's another story.)

However, I still assert that if states are wondering if SCHOOL can return, its highly unlikely CRUISING can return.

(I also don't understand why bowling alleys are open, but that's another story.)
I know my states not concerned about it. I have a feeling there's only a handful of states worried about that. I don't think cruise lines are concerned about what certain governors decide about schools.

Personally when hospitals start allowing visitors in to see patients and resume surgeries and regular medical office visits, then I think it'd be safe to say we can start doing things like cruising again.. JMHO.

As someone who works in the school system what has been discussed in our state is the possibility of a fall/winter resurgence and the need to possibly return to distance learning at some point again in the future. I feel like one day at a time is all we can do right now . No way to predict how a virus we know very little about will behave 6 months from now .

It is so hard to predict the future! When you look at how so many countries wouldn't take the stranded ships after the lockdowns, I don't see cruising opening any time soon. The virus will still be around next summer and there are too many ports that won't take the chance of anyone getting off in their country that might start the whole mess over again.

My crystal ball is telling me that cruising, if there is any, will be very different from what we know for another two years.

Personally when hospitals start allowing visitors in to see patients and resume surgeries and regular medical office visits, then I think it'd be safe to say we can start doing things like cruising again.. JMHO.

The problem with that is the hospital visitors will probably be local along with the people going for surgery. When you look at the cruisers, a lot are international, or from NY, NJ. You are mixing people coming from areas where the virus might not be gone. Sections of my state don't have any cases, so the local hospitals would be pretty safe to open.

Last edited:

Oregon is loosening rules on doctors and dental visits starting May 1st but have still cancelled school through the end of the 2020 year - people aren't going back to work yet otherwise. It's literally the first phase of reopening our state.

Edited to add link:
https://www.oregon.gov/newsroom/Pages/NewsDetail.aspx?newsid=36476

Northern European ports have become the first in the world to announce plans to reopen to regular cruise operations :
https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/closed-north-european-cruise-ports-aim-reopen-may

Thank you for this, it looks like my prediction that Disney will sail The Magic direct to Dover and start the summer season with the July 25 Dover sailing could be right :) This looks very good for my September European cruise and The Magics Dry Dock in Caditz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter