Opinions on what dates these rolling DCL Cancellations will go through - Poll

Opinions on what date these rolling DCL Cancellations will go to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What states aren't opening schools in the Fall.?I haven't heard any states say that.
Another person for IL here. As someone else mentioned, our Governor has asked that schools prepare for both distance learning and in school possibilities for the fall. I think it's a smart plan as we really don't know what will be happening at that point.

I have a fall cruise. I think it will go, but I am not sure we will be on it.

The poll might should have read, "How early would you be willing to start cruising if DCL where to be cleared to start operations on 6/20/20?"

Does California count? I was referring to k-12 mandatory schooling.
I live in Ohio and we are planning to go back but our district has announced we will be doing blended learning, meaning distance learning and only partial days at school.

Hmmmmm.... "Several more months at least".....

5/5/2020 Earnings Call:
"Chapek said Disney is seeing signs that customers still want to go on their cruises, though that won’t be for several more months at least. He credited the sentiment to customer trust in the brand."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/disney-dis-q2-2020-earnings.html
I hate it when news websites paraphrase. The actual quote from Bob Chapek was:

"And in terms of the cruise ship business, we agree that that will probably be the last of our travel oriented businesses to come back online. Interestingly enough long term all of our data and our research shows that our guests will be just as interested in cruising with us long term. Obviously not in the next few months but much more resilient than any of the competitive businesses because of that love for Disney and assurance that they feel, that they trust our business to act in a responsible way to help to the extent possible protect them against some of the woes that have plagued the industry since COVID has hit."

So what he was actually describing was customer interest taking a few months to pick back up, not saying that Disney wouldn't operate for several months. He also didn't say the words "at least." The part of Chapek's quote that is relevant to timing is when he says it'll be the last travel business to come back online. So we'll need to keep an eye on WDW, ABD etc. announcements for their timing and expect that DCL will come later. As a practical matter, yeah, that'll be a few months, but I just want to be clear that the cnbc article was not what Chapek actually said.

It's interesting to hear how all of our home states are opening up differently. I am in ND and we have already started phase 1 of reopening. While our schools are closed until the end of the school year, but our governor has allowed summer school to be taught IN school while following social distancing standards. Also, beauty salons, gyms, etc are all allowed to open, while following CDC guidelines, as long as they feel comfortable. Granted, we are a small state, so that may have something to do with it.

We just received the email cancellation from DCL for our B2B on the Magic for 07/13/2020 and 07/18/2020.

My personal expectation is that DCL cruises won't begin again until sometime in 2021.

I believe DCL will be one of the last cruise lines to resume passenger operations, in part, because they can afford to be relatively more conservative as compared to other cruise lines.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the next DCL cruise with passengers will sail sometime next spring or early summer.

My personal expectation is that DCL cruises won't begin again until sometime in 2021.

I believe DCL will be one of the last cruise lines to resume passenger operations, in part, because they can afford to be relatively more conservative as compared to other cruise lines.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the next DCL cruise with passengers will sail sometime next spring or early summer.

I agree. Headline in today’s paper is that the Cal State University system is cancelling all in person classes for fall. They are the biggest university system in the country.
I also spent several hours on a school board meeting listening to various plans for fall. Normal school operation was presented as highly unlikely.

I can’t imagine cruise ships will be running before schools.

I also look at what the cruise ships are going through to repatriate their crews and don’t see them taking on that kind of liability again that quickly.

Sad, but true.

We are scheduled for late October on the Fantasy. Hoping it goes through but I have little faith it will. We also had a few nights at WDW planned and have decided to extend reservations through the duration of our cruise dates in preparation for them canceling the cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter