Opinions on what dates these rolling DCL Cancellations will go through - Poll

Opinions on what date these rolling DCL Cancellations will go to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are scheduled for late October on the Fantasy. Hoping it goes through but I have little faith it will. We also had a few nights at WDW planned and have decided to extend reservations through the duration of our cruise dates in preparation for them canceling the cruise.

After our June 29 Alaska cruise got cancelled, I wrote up a long list of alternate vacation plans. Unfortunately most of them have gotten scratched off already. (Disneyland, Hawaii)

I still have a week long rafting trip as a possibility though. And since every single one of my kids' camps have been cancelled, we have all sorts of flexibility.

I said fall but that may be a Very Limited period of time before flu/winter where I again think it’s going to be super limited and/or closed. Sorry... I think by Late...first qtr ‘21 we’ll hopefully be Over ( meaning managed by available vaccine) this Nightmare called Covid

I initially voted, July, but then noticed this is the DCL forum. If they are cancelled through summer, they are into hurricane, then low season - no reason to start sailing until 2021 if that's the case. i think WDW will be open in July, DL much later.

I also think it will be sometime in 2021 before cruising resumes, but that makes me wonder about the 15 month window that has been allotted to rebook canceled cruises. Do you think they will extend it? For those of us whose cruises were cancelled early on, there won't be much time left in that 15 month window.

I also think it will be sometime in 2021 before cruising resumes, but that makes me wonder about the 15 month window that has been allotted to rebook canceled cruises. Do you think they will extend it? For those of us whose cruises were cancelled early on, there won't be much time left in that 15 month window.

If they have to cancel your rescheduled cruise then they will need to offer you a new booking window

If they have to cancel your rescheduled cruise then they will need to offer you a new booking window

I haven't actually booked anything else yet. The funds are just in limbo I guess. Maybe I should rebook, assuming it will cancel, for the purpose of opening up a new 15 month window.

Hmmmmm.... "Several more months at least".....

5/5/2020 Earnings Call:
"Chapek said Disney is seeing signs that customers still want to go on their cruises, though that won’t be for several more months at least. He credited the sentiment to customer trust in the brand."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/disney-dis-q2-2020-earnings.html
Such a tight rope. The “trust in the brand”(that’s me, I would walk on hot coals or broken glass if they said it was safe and Mickey Mouse was there) and the economy.

My personal expectation is that DCL cruises won't begin again until sometime in 2021.

I believe DCL will be one of the last cruise lines to resume passenger operations, in part, because they can afford to be relatively more conservative as compared to other cruise lines.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the next DCL cruise with passengers will sail sometime next spring or early summer.

If the vaccine is out in late December or early January, as POTUS mentioned, I might sail out Jan 8 & 11. 3 of the 5 of us should be early on the vaccine list as “at risk” right after health care workers and essential employees.

I really dont see cruising happening in 2020 at all for Disney. I just don't think it's worth the PR nightmare for them with only 4 ships.

I think other cruise lines will because they have to.

I haven't actually booked anything else yet. The funds are just in limbo I guess. Maybe I should rebook, assuming it will cancel, for the purpose of opening up a new 15 month window.

In case you haven't spotted any of the threads on this, it appears you don't open a new 15 month span if you rebook and get cancelled again you still only have the 15 months from your original booking.

I can't see how DCL could start sailing this year. In the USA we have food shortages, cleaning product shortages, paper product shortages, and an ever growing unemployment issue. Seeing how there are cruise staff members who have been unable to get home, it would take months to staff ships, retrain the staff, and require shakedown cruises to get all of the timing back to expected, normal experiences.

What is the minimum passenger load for the DCL ships to sail at break even? With the new "normal" social distancing, what will bookings look like? With different requirements in each state/country, how will it be possible to have passengers waiting in group settings, both on land and at sea?

I noticed that DCL has just posted a new set of special offers (FL resident, military, CAN) for sailings in Aug and Sept... why would they do this if these sailings are most likely to be cancelled? Is it a sign that they will be sailing in August or are they just trying to keep revenue coming in? I wonder when/if they will announce the next round of cancellations?

I noticed that DCL has just posted a new set of special offers (FL resident, military, CAN) for sailings in Aug and Sept... why would they do this if these sailings are most likely to be cancelled? Is it a sign that they will be sailing in August or are they just trying to keep revenue coming in? I wonder when/if they will announce the next round of cancellations?

I think it’s hopefulness. remember Disney took reservations starting june 1 And then pushed it back to July 1

we have food shortages, cleaning product shortages, paper product shortages,

We live in a metroplex area of approx 7 million people. We do not have any of those things. The media has told us we do but when we go to the store, in reality we do not. Just saying.

Also, in an area of 7 million+ people, we have had less than 500 Coronavirus deaths. Of the less than 500 deaths, many are incorrectly counted as Coronavirus related. For example, an 85 year old lung cancer patient dies, since the patient tests positive for Coronavirus, they count it as a Coronavirus death. People who have died with Coronavirus does not mean they died from Coronavirus. The stats are very misleading.

DCL knows this, those who make the laws know this and the general public is starting to catch on as well. We need to get on with sailing and if there are still those that are not comfortable, they can simply not book a cruise.

I don't know about the other dates, but the CDN resident rates are NOT new and have been offered on their site for weeks/months now. There used to be WAY more CDN residents rates but now they have dwindled down.

We live in a metroplex area of approx 7 million people. We do not have any of those things. The media has told us we do but when we go to the store, in reality we do not. Just saying.

Also, in an area of 7 million+ people, we have had less than 500 Coronavirus deaths. Of the less than 500 deaths, many are incorrectly counted as Coronavirus related. For example, an 85 year old lung cancer patient dies, since the patient tests positive for Coronavirus, they count it as a Coronavirus death. People who have died with Coronavirus does not mean they died from Coronavirus. The stats are very misleading.

DCL knows this, those who make the laws know this and the general public is starting to catch on as well. We need to get on with sailing and if there are still those that are not comfortable, they can simply not book a cruise.

We are in the state where the majority of meat packing plants are located in the USA. We are seeing shortages here. If our state is seeing shortages of available meat/poultry/pork products, it will spread throughout the USA. If you wanted to purchase a side of beef and have it butchered, the processing plants and butchers are scheduling 14 months out.

I don't know about the other dates, but the CDN resident rates are NOT new and have been offered on their site for weeks/months now. There used to be WAY more CDN residents rates but now they have dwindled down.
You are right! I thought they were new discounts but it looks like they have been there for awhile. Looking for signs where there are none... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter