Opinion on purchasing points direct for OKW

db24

Mouseketeer
I currently have 220 points resale at AKV and looking at adding on direct points before the minimum increases again for blue card benefits. Leaning towards okw due to cost being a little less and did enjoy staying there a couple years ago .Okw felt different than being at akv or blt which feels more like a regular hotel. Has anyone added on at okw and regretted it?

The only uncertainty is the mix of 2042 and 2057 ownership.
Will dues go up substantially in 2043 for remaining owners?
That’s about all the negatives for me as I currently have a contract at ROFR for OKW 2042.
I feel like if I had to buy direct it would be OKW as it matches my AKV length of contract and is somewhere I would stay rather than SSR.
Saying that, SSR does have less dues if ongoing cost is really important to you.
If you could get 2x50 pt contracts you would be protecting yourself against any fall in market price. Some people are reporting getting closing costs covered but that may be higher points at RIV but worth asking your guide

The only uncertainty is the mix of 2042 and 2057 ownership.
Will dues go up substantially in 2043 for remaining owners?
That’s about all the negatives for me as I currently have a contract at ROFR for OKW 2042.
I feel like if I had to buy direct it would be OKW as it matches my AKV length of contract and is somewhere I would stay rather than SSR.
Saying that, SSR does have less dues if ongoing cost is really important to you.
If you could get 2x50 pt contracts you would be protecting yourself against any fall in market price. Some people are reporting getting closing costs covered but that may be higher points at RIV but worth asking your guide
I asked about closing costs but they aren't paying for closing cost on the sold out resorts. I thought about doing 2x50 point contracts but didn't see paying the extra closing cost.

I asked about closing costs but they aren't paying for closing cost on the sold out resorts. I thought about doing 2x50 point contracts but didn't see paying the extra closing cost.
Ok, that’s a shame. if you are not sure then don’t rush, if increase is 19th Oct and you have 10 days to rescind you have a while to gather more information to your decision

Ok, that’s a shame. if you are not sure then don’t rush, if increase is 19th Oct and you have 10 days to rescind you have a while to gather more information to your decision

If I was on the fence, I’d start the paperwork before the 1st, just in case. This way, you still have your 10 days to back out and by then, you’d know for sure the date for the increase.

If I was on the fence, I’d start the paperwork before the 1st, just in case. This way, you still have your 10 days to back out and by then, you’d know for sure the date for the increase.
That's what I was thinking too. I got the contracts today

Just mathematically, I would go SSR. But I own there and have never even been there, so there's that.

I also think AKV is a decent value direct. Especially since you already own there, it might be simpler just to do that. If you have a Oct/Dec UY, the deal is even better if they have 2019 points to bank.

Decided to go with OKW and just signed the contracts. Got it with the same use year (March) as my akv points to make things easier to manage. Purchasing direct goes fast. They had the points loaded into my account before we even signed.

Just mathematically, I would go SSR. But I own there and have never even been there, so there's that.

I also think AKV is a decent value direct. Especially since you already own there, it might be simpler just to do that. If you have a Oct/Dec UY, the deal is even better if they have 2019 points to bank.
Since OKW and SSR are the same price direct, I’d say the math favors OKW with its 3 extra years (when purchased direct). OKW also has some room types that are hard to book at 7 months (Near HH category) while SSR doesn’t really have any.

Decided to go with OKW and just signed the contracts. Got it with the same use year (March) as my akv points to make things easier to manage. Purchasing direct goes fast. They had the points loaded into my account before we even signed.

We too just recently added on direct with OKW and have a March use year. We bought a 50 point contract, but then again we add on points for inventory not location (even though we do love the locations of all 3 of our home resorts :goodvibes). And I agree that adding on direct is so easy, we too had the points loaded before we could get the signed documents sent back to DVC. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter