Onpoint Covid Testing? Or Better cheap options?

OK, so it seems everyone who has tried OnPoint has had a good/easy experience? I have an appointment booked for us for the morning of 7/20 with OnPoint but still feel a little anxious. It's at 9:00 am so I guess there would still be time to run to CVS if something doesn't quite go right, like emails not coming through or something. This is stressful, lol.

OK, so it seems everyone who has tried OnPoint has had a good/easy experience? I have an appointment booked for us for the morning of 7/20 with OnPoint but still feel a little anxious. It's at 9:00 am so I guess there would still be time to run to CVS if something doesn't quite go right, like emails not coming through or something. This is stressful, lol.
No issues at all. Emails received within 30 -45 minutes after appt ended. Had our appt at 11am on 6/16.

On point question- since we have 4 of us testing will we have to wait the 15 minutes for results each time before the next test is taken or can all 4 be taken back to back then just wait the 15 min for all results?

On point question- since we have 4 of us testing will we have to wait the 15 minutes for results each time before the next test is taken or can all 4 be taken back to back then just wait the 15 min for all results?
When I booked my appointment recently, OnPoint told me that up to 4 people can be on the appointment and that they last 15 min. I'm assuming this means that we test together and then hold up our results all at the same time at the 15 min. mark.

We did 2/appt when that was the max and it was just a total of 15 minutes for our appt. He had us do the tests at the same time and show our results one right after the other.

Can I use the BinaxNOW Antigen Self test with OnPoint? I have several that I received free from the government. I assume you cannot open the box until in front of the protor? Attached is a photo of this.

I have used the BinaxNow kit that state on the front of the package, do not open until in front of the proctor with eMed for another cruise, these cost me $69 for 2. The cost included the testing with the proctor.

So confused - thanks in advance for any clarification!

Attachments

• BinaxNow.jpg
    BinaxNow.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 6
Can I use the BinaxNOW Antigen Self test with OnPoint? I have several that I received free from the government. I assume you cannot open the box until in front of the protor? Attached is a photo of this.

I have used the BinaxNow kit that state on the front of the package, do not open until in front of the proctor with eMed for another cruise, these cost me $69 for 2. The cost included the testing with the proctor.

You can use any unopened FDA approved test with OnPoint. If you bought tests from eMed, why would you use them for OnPoint? OnPoint will charge you again.

I received the current ones I have (previous pic of box) for free from government. Previously I had bought some from eMed for a different cruise that I used with eMED (don't have any of them left) - didn't know about OnPoint. It was a very easy process - just want to be sure the kits I currently have would be valid with OnPoint and Disney. Thanks!

We used the tests we received from the government as well. No issues! Yes, you are correct. The box must remain unopened.

We just completed ours two days ago. We completed four tests with one appointment. The proctor had us open our tests all at once and complete the testing together. We waited the 15 minutes for our results. We actually had not completed our individual registration (because I never received instructions telling me to do that), and we completed that while we waited. We were done with everything and received our email with the results within 20 minutes. Safe Passage took about 24 hours to approve.

We are cruising on the Wish in August, and have kept the cruise as a surprise for our kids. The plan is to leave our Disney World hotel, and end up at Port Canaveral instead of the airport. Do we have to verbally provide our travel plans to the proctor during the test, or can we upload this information before? I didn’t realize we had to give them the cruise info until I read a previous post.

Thank you to those posting. All this information is very helpful. As for the test kits, I read unopened and FDA approved. I get 16 a month from my insurance provider. I thought that was a lot, but once you get it, you fly through them. For our cruise we will test ourselves the day before we leave. Then we will test officially after our one night in HHI on that Thursday morning. If all is good we will continue our drive south for Thursday & Friday nights at OKW with our cruise on Saturday. We will take test kits to test on board if needed and/or test once we get to WDW after the cruise. Since the grandkids are with us, that’s a lot of test kits.

We are cruising on the Wish in August, and have kept the cruise as a surprise for our kids. The plan is to leave our Disney World hotel, and end up at Port Canaveral instead of the airport. Do we have to verbally provide our travel plans to the proctor during the test, or can we upload this information before? I didn’t realize we had to give them the cruise info until I read a previous post.
We didnt provide any travel information to Emed when we used their tests. Not sure if you do with other companies, especially Inspire Diagnostics where they might ask for your cruise reservation number.

Thank you to those posting. All this information is very helpful. As for the test kits, I read unopened and FDA approved. I get 16 a month from my insurance provider. I thought that was a lot, but once you get it, you fly through them. For our cruise we will test ourselves the day before we leave. Then we will test officially after our one night in HHI on that Thursday morning. If all is good we will continue our drive south for Thursday & Friday nights at OKW with our cruise on Saturday. We will take test kits to test on board if needed and/or test once we get to WDW after the cruise. Since the grandkids are with us, that’s a lot of test kits.
Our insurance provider allows for 8 tests/person/month, but they do not cover if used for travel purposes and you have to attest to that.

Our insurance provider allows for 8 tests/person/month, but they do not cover if used for travel purposes and you have to attest to that.

no, I just do a pick up order at cvs and stop by to pick up. Yes, it’s 8 per person and we are two. Maybe because of our age? High risk? There are no questions asked like. They encourage us to test regularly. We don’t pay first. Once we put in our insurance all fees are waived immediately

So the 2 days prior to cruising is calendar days and not exactly 48 hours right? So if my cruise is leaving at 4 PM on a Friday I could technically test at 1 AM Wednesday morning?

So the 2 days prior to cruising is calendar days and not exactly 48 hours right? So if my cruise is leaving at 4 PM on a Friday I could technically test at 1 AM Wednesday morning?
Yes. Just make sure if the company you test with requires appointments, that you get one. We used Emed because no appointments were required. Check the dates on the report you get to make sure they are right, in case of time zone differences (not sure if that is an issue or not, we tested at 7 am).

Onpoint said they are now doing 4 people per appointment. I did not know this prior to purchasing and purchased 4. is it per person or per appointment? I am very confused.

Just registered for OnPoint, it’s asking me to register patients under

HealthTrackRX Patient Portal​

When doing so, it’s asking for insurance info. What is the reason for this? Anyone know? I already paid OnPoint.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter