One Day in Disneyland-Where to Eat?

I haven't been to Cafe Orleans since it re-opened but we would ALWAYS stop there for a lunch because the Monte Christo sandwich was un-beat-able. I am going to have to see if it is when I go back in September.
The Monte Cristo has definitely gone downhill.

The Monte Cristo has definitely gone downhill.
That's so sad to hear. I had one in the Magic Kingdom at the Plaza Restaurant 2 years ago and it was such a grease bomb it made me sick. I thought maybe it was just MK. I guess I'll pass on trying it in DL. In it's glory, it was definitely the best sandwich in the park, bar none.

That's so sad to hear. I had one in the Magic Kingdom at the Plaza Restaurant 2 years ago and it was such a grease bomb it made me sick. I thought maybe it was just MK. I guess I'll pass on trying it in DL. In it's glory, it was definitely the best sandwich in the park, bar none.
I get it every time I go to Blue Bayou and I still love it. I feel like it's mostly the same, just a lot smaller than before. That's ok for me because it was way too much and I still can't it eat all by myself.

I don't know if it's different at Cafe Orleans, but I would have thought they used the same kitchen.

I get it every time I go to Blue Bayou and I still love it. I feel like it's mostly the same, just a lot smaller than before. That's ok for me because it was way too much and I still can't it eat all by myself.

I don't know if it's different at Cafe Orleans, but I would have thought they used the same kitchen.
When I went to Blue Bayou, I couldn't justify buying the Monte Christo there because it was way more expensive than the same sandwich at Cafe Orleans.

When I went to Blue Bayou, I couldn't justify buying the Monte Christo there because it was way more expensive than the same sandwich at Cafe Orleans.
It used to be that you got a lot more with the meal. At BB, you still get a full meal with sides. I don't know about CO but it also could be that you just pay more for the atmosphere. I split it with my DD or sister so it justifies my also getting a hurricane :rotfl:

It used to be that you got a lot more with the meal. At BB, you still get a full meal with sides. I don't know about CO but it also could be that you just pay more for the atmosphere. I split it with my DD or sister so it justifies my also getting a hurricane :rotfl:
Oh, it's definitely atmosphere! You get awesome french fries at Cafe Orleans (or they used to be when I had them).

Interesting… I’m not a crazed churro fan, but once in a while I get them.
Who makes them in DTD or where did you find this info?
I read it on here at some point…. I do not know who makes the churros for the parks and who makes them for the stand in DTD with all of the crazy flavors, but I do think they are very different churros. Some may even prefer the ones in DTD? I strongly prefer the ones in the parks. But for folks who have never been to DLR and are seeing all the advice to try the churros, they might be helped to know that the churros in the parks are the ones people on here are generally recommending.

I read it on here at some point…. I do not know who makes the churros for the parks and who makes them for the stand in DTD with all of the crazy flavors, but I do think they are very different churros. Some may even prefer the ones in DTD? I strongly prefer the ones in the parks. But for folks who have never been to DLR and are seeing all the advice to try the churros, they might be helped to know that the churros in the parks are the ones people on here are generally recommending.
Definitely, this is the info they need.!! :)

Did you see the image someone posted of people wheeling them in a cart in boxes, clearly made elsewhere.

Definitely, this is the info they need.!! :)

Did you see the image someone posted of people wheeling them in a cart in boxes, clearly made elsewhere.
That picture might be something seen in DTD, you would definitely not see something like that in Disneyland or DCA.
It's understandable that anything in DTD is not the same as DL or DCA. DTD are leased store fronts. The only thing Disney in DTD is WOD (from what I can tell, I could be wrong).

That picture of all the churro boxes was inside DCA right by Mater's Junk Yard Jamboree. It was the first time I had ever seen churro boxes in the park so I made sure to get some photo evidence. Tio Pepe's Code 3317. They are made by J and J Snack Foods and you can find them online.

Here’s a better picture.

IMG_9866.jpeg

That picture of all the churro boxes was inside DCA right by Mater's Junk Yard Jamboree. It was the first time I had ever seen churro boxes in the park so I made sure to get some photo evidence. Tio Pepe's Code 3317. They are made by J and J Snack Foods and you can find them online.

Here’s a better picture.

View attachment 835809
Oh now i'm completely confused... are we saying churros in general aren't made in the park??

*edit*
I think im gonna be sick. lol
https://www.jjsnackfoodservice.com/products/churros/southwest-crispy-style/
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/j-...rnia-16-king-size-churro-case/108JJS3317.html

Honestly, I don't care where the park ones come from as long as they haven't changed them recently because they are tasty! So much better than the WDW ones.

Since this has turned into a thread about churros (as is only right), I have to point out this cute ABC (hey, Disney-related!) promo in which Weird Barbie offers Jimmy Kimmel a choice between hosting the Oscars and sitting at home eating churros:

We'll find out on March 10th which option he chose. 😁

Here is an article that announces the J&J acquisition of California Churros back in 2010. This might explain why the DLR has different churros. Here is a picture of the plant in Colton, CA

J&J.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter