One Day in Disneyland-Where to Eat?

There are a couple of places in Downtown Disney that are good. I've eaten at Ballast Point and Naples. The food was good. Not fantastic, but good. I like that Downtown Disney is between both parks and not a long bus ride away.
Not yet… ;)

IMHO - Best quick service is Bengal BBQ in DL. Best mid-tier table service is Craftsman Grill in GCH. Best upscale table service is Carthay Circle Lounge (Alfresco) in DCA. Best high end restaurant is Napa Rose in GCH. Honorable mention is Wine Country Trattoria in DCA.

We order Jolly Holiday soup and sandwich combo, birria grilled cheese, and desserts and then go find a place to sit and wait for the parade.

California Adventure always has seasonal fun foods.

An important note about churros (which our family all love and adore and crave between trips): DO NOT BUY the ones in DTD. Those are made by some other company. Only buy the ones in either park if you are looking for churros that folks on here are raving about!

An important note about churros (which our family all love and adore and crave between trips): DO NOT BUY the ones in DTD. Those are made by some other company. Only buy the ones in either park if you are looking for churros that folks on here are raving about!
Interesting… I’m not a crazed churro fan, but once in a while I get them.
Who makes them in DTD or where did you find this info?

Interesting… I’m not a crazed churro fan, but once in a while I get them.
Who makes them in DTD or where did you find this info?
I'm curious about this, too. I almost got one from the churro cart across from Smokejumpers Grill last time I was there. They looked the same but I'm not a churro afficionado, I was just super hungry. Turned out to have as long a line as everywhere else that day (VERY long), so we made the short walk into GCH and over to the pool dining (Craftsman Grill). We were able to order a parmesan-crusted grilled cheese sandwich off the kid menu, which came with fresh fruit, for $10 and had no wait for seating. We also ordered a Bloody Mary which was more than our lunch lol.

Edited to add that both sandwich and Bloody Mary were delicious.

I'm curious about this, too. I almost got one from the churro cart across from Smokejumpers Grill last time I was there. They looked the same but I'm not a churro afficionado, I was just super hungry. Turned out to have as long a line as everywhere else that day (VERY long), so we made the short walk into GCH and over to the pool dining (Craftsman Grill). We were able to order a parmesan-crusted grilled cheese sandwich off the kid menu, which came with fresh fruit, for $10 and had no wait for seating. We also ordered a Bloody Mary which was more than our lunch lol.

Edited to add that both sandwich and Bloody Mary were delicious.
I see a lot of adults ordering the children's grilled cheese at Craftsman Grill.

IMHO - Best quick service is Bengal BBQ in DL. Best mid-tier table service is Craftsman Grill in GCH. Best upscale table service is Carthay Circle Lounge (Alfresco) in DCA. Best high end restaurant is Napa Rose in GCH. Honorable mention is Wine Country Trattoria in DCA.

Does Craftsman Grill count as table service? I thought it was just quick service.

Does Craftsman Grill count as table service? I thought it was just quick service.

Yes it is considered quick service, but maybe a little of both if you eat out by the pool?
It's very confusing. There are two Craftsman restaurants. The outdoor one by the pool is called the Craftsman Bar and Grill, but I think they may just call it Craftsman Bar? It's table service or you can sit at the bar, but it's all outdoors. The indoor dining place is across the walkway and is quick service, and I think it's called The Craftsman Grill. I wish they had different names! I never remember which is which. I guess it makes sense the Craftsman Bar is the one with the bar, LOL. I'm not 100% sure about the names.

It's very confusing. There are two Craftsman restaurants. The outdoor one by the pool is called the Craftsman Bar and Grill, but I think they may just call it Craftsman Bar? It's table service or you can sit at the bar, but it's all outdoors. The indoor dining place is across the walkway and is quick service, and I think it's called The Craftsman Grill. I wish they had different names! I never remember which is which. I guess it makes sense the Craftsman Bar is the one with the bar, LOL. I'm not 100% sure about the names.

craftsman.jpg

We pretty much only do QS when we're at DL. Our favorites are corn dogs (we always go to stage door cafe but there are other options), beignets, and churros!

I haven't been to Cafe Orleans since it re-opened but we would ALWAYS stop there for a lunch because the Monte Christo sandwich was un-beat-able. I am going to have to see if it is when I go back in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter