"On this Day in Disney History" April 2020 Exercise Challenge

:figment::figment::figment:Congrats to sophy1996 and Twilight Sparkle for reaching Persistent Purple!!!!!

On this day in Disney history - April 11, 1925:

Roy Oliver Disney marries Edna Francis at Uncle Robert Disney's house on Kingswell Avenue in Los Angeles, CA where Walt lived when he first arrived in Hollywood from Kansas. Walt used his motion picture camera to capture the day's events on film.

I found this silent video footage from the day while searching for a photo of the wedding:

There certainly was a lot of kissing going on! They definitely were not social distancing back then.

And because I couldn't "bear" (you'll get it in a second) to leave him out:

Also on this day in Disney history - April 11, 2006:

Winnie the Pooh celebrates his 80th birthday by receiving the 2,308th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in California. Pooh is one of a select few animated characters to be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Here is his Walk of Fame fact page, and here is video footage of Pooh receiving his star.

What a fun day that must have been!

So it is officially April 12 where I am and since I don't know if I will 1) have time to update our minutes tomorrow or 2) be able to do so even if I do have time (we are supposed to have severe weather including possible tornadoes so might lose power), I am going to go ahead and step back in time once more before turning in for the night.

On this day in Disney history - April 12, 1992:
The Euro Disney Resort, featuring the Euro Disneyland Park (now Disneyland Paris), opens in France, east of Paris. Inaugural ceremonies are broadcast to the entire continent by five national networks. Although 500,000 visitors are expected, only 50,000 are admitted because of protests from French people who fear their culture will be damaged by Euro Disney. Power cables are vandalized by some French citizens, which black out the road signs to Disneyland on the motorway. Euro Disney also premieres its 5 hotels (Hotel Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Newport Bay Club, Hotel New York and Disneyland Hotel) and a campground (Davy Crockett Ranch) located several miles away from the main resort area.

Here is an interesting article containing CM memories from that day.

Happy Easter from Mickey and Minnie to those of you celebrating today!

25 minutes from Saturday, none yesterday, and 35 this morning, for

265/600.

I was just watching Imagineering while walking on the treadmill (nasty weather here today) and I'm in episode 4, "Hit or Miss". - It's really interesting!

Thur, 4/9: 196 minutes (rain)
Fri, 4/10: 157 minutes (pouring rain, heavy rain, buckets of rain)
Sat, 4/11: 212 minutes (sunny! got lots of tractor time and cleared out the heavy muck from the paddock; yeah!!)
Sun, 4/12: 123 minutes
Status through 4/12: 2038/3500

Watch's April Challenge status, current: 16706/40100

Thanks for the excellent history tidbits, @Twilight Sparkle . Thinking of y'all with these storms!
FWIW, I always celebrated Pooh's b'day on 1/18, National Winnie the Pooh Day, as the day is both A.A. Milne's b'day and mine, also. I didn't know Pooh had his own special day in April! Good to know. pooh:

Things have been up and down here. DH was having lots of pain in his foot so we have not walked as much. We did go for a short walk today since it was feeling better. He didn't want to over do it though. Also we car getting some crummy weather. It is really cold and really high winds today.

Friday -- 43 Minutes
Saturday -- 0
Sunday -- 0

Total -- 316/900

bwvBound has reached Persistent Purple!!! Great job! :figment: :figment: :figment:

Our team moved up to 44% and we still have a couple of days before we're halfway through the month. We're looking pretty good!

On this day in Disney history - April 13, 1887:

Character actor Christian Rub - the voice & physical likeness for
Geppetto in Disney's 1940 Pinocchio - is born in Austria.

Things have been up and down here. DH was having lots of pain in his foot so we have not walked as much. We did go for a short walk today since it was feeling better. He didn't want to over do it though. Also we car getting some crummy weather. It is really cold and really high winds today.

Friday -- 43 Minutes
Saturday -- 0
Sunday -- 0

Total -- 316/900

Hope your husband feels better soon. You might be getting the high winds we had yesterday. They brought the temps down here, too, but I much prefer the cold to heat and humidity so I'm loving it!

Mon, 4/13: 126 minutes
Status through 4/13: 2164/3500

Yesterday we were in a cold, damp cloud all day. I uncovered my haystack to find all the alfalfa was wet but the bermuda was good. While pulling hay from the stack to air and, hopefully, dry, I wondered if the tarp was faulty or if the alfalfa was wet before purchase? Hmm. I will likely lose several bales ... but am encouraged that finding it yesterday and addressing the problem was better than discovering this even later, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter