"On this Day in Disney History" April 2020 Exercise Challenge

Tues, 4/14: 126 minutes; just minimum horse care
Status through 4/14: 2290/3500

I'm falling slightly behind on my Watch goal. Current status: 19349/40100 active calories. Gladly I had a bit of a buffer early in the month but have hit the "blahs" this week. Lots of paperwork yesterday (sitting at my computer) ... likely more today. I'm watching my email closely for specific correspondence and feeling "chained" to the various devices.

Wed, 4/15: 194 minutes
Status through 4/15: 2484/3500

Watch's April Challenge, current status: 20512/40100 Active Calories

Wed was a brilliant, sunny day with strong breezes in the late afternoon. I played individually with each of the horses, scrubbed the most-used horse blanket in iodine solution, mowed two sections of lawn with the walk-behind mower, pulled some weeds and completed the routine horse care. What a lovely day!! And yes, also spent plenty of time chained to my electronic devices responding to time-critical correspondence. Broke through the 'blahs'!! :)

It's been a weird two days. There was a job that I had applied to and interviewed for that responded via Indeed to say they weren't interested. Then I got a call on Tuesday from them to see if I wanted to come back for a 2nd interview on Wednesday. I went and they hired me on the spot and I had my first day today! Talk about unexpected. LOL. It's just a little part time gig to do on the side of my normal day to day stuff, but I'm happy with that!

Anyway, adding 40 minutes from 4/15 and 50 from today.
530/850

Yay, Tokyo Disneyland! That was a super fun trip last year.

Tuesday and Wednesday were nice, and the snow mostly melted. But then It snowed again starting last night, and I think at last count we had about 9 more inches! This storm isn't so marvelous, because it's totally covering roads and sidewalks.

@bwvBound, that sounds like a ton of work.
@Elizabeth Smith, congratulations on the new job!

Yay, Tokyo Disneyland! That was a super fun trip last year.

Tuesday and Wednesday were nice, and the snow mostly melted. But then It snowed again starting last night, and I think at last count we had about 9 more inches! This storm isn't so marvelous, because it's totally covering roads and sidewalks.

@bwvBound, that sounds like a ton of work.
@Elizabeth Smith, congratulations on the new job!

Bummer about the uncooperative snow. : ( 9 inches is a lot!

I thought of you when I saw the info about Tokyo Disneyland.

No color changes today, but the team moved up to 55%! We're still on a roll!

On this day in Disney history - April 16, 2001:

One of my most favorite places ever opened - Animal Kingdom Lodge! The six-story resort (designed by renowned architect Peter Dominick) features deluxe facilities and luxury suites with the feel of a South African game reserve lodge. Amidst a 33-acre wildlife preserve, guests can gaze on any of more than 30 species of wildlife on display from the comfort of their balconies!

I don't know about you, but I could use a little Animal Kingdom Lodge fix right now:

I'm noticing that April is a big month for Disney grand openings. ::yes::

Probably they want to get stuff open before the busy summer season?

Bummer about the uncooperative snow. : ( 9 inches is a lot!

I thought of you when I saw the info about Tokyo Disneyland.

It's very pretty, but I really would like to get over winter and have a bit of spring. It's not uncommon to get snow in May too here in Colorado though.

I'm so glad we got to go to Tokyo and our cruise last year. We were talking about how we wouldn't have gotten to go if it had been planned for this year. As it was, we ended up booking and canceling three versions of a trip this spring.

Probably they want to get stuff open before the busy summer season?

It's very pretty, but I really would like to get over winter and have a bit of spring. It's not uncommon to get snow in May too here in Colorado though.

I'm so glad we got to go to Tokyo and our cruise last year. We were talking about how we wouldn't have gotten to go if it had been planned for this year. As it was, we ended up booking and canceling three versions of a trip this spring.

I wish I could both like and sad face your post. I chose to go with sad because of the trip cancellations. So sorry about that. I'm so glad things worked out for your trip last year so you have those memories during this time.

We have a feeling our trip to Europe this winter will not happen, either, especially if there is a fall resurgence of the virus. Right now, we have two trips booked in Dec - one domestic as a backup plan and one overseas as the original plan - and we're in wait and see mode. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having to cancel both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter