On the bright side (of quarantine)

Kittyblue

7322, 32502, <3
I'm trying to see the positives of being stuck at home with cabin fever and trying to homeschool a moody 6th grader.

So on the bright side...
My house is cleaner than ever
I'm getting in more exercise
I don't have daily interactions with one of my annoying coworkers (only have to zoom 1x/week)
I'm binge watching ALL the shows while I work from home

We are sleeping in a bit which is nice. Doing a lot of cooking and trying new recipes. Getting some projects done around the house. Taking lots of hikes and walks around the neighborhood. And a big one for me is getting to enjoy my morning coffee without having to go anywhere.😁

We are sleeping in a bit which is nice. Doing a lot of cooking and trying new recipes. Getting some projects done around the house. Taking lots of hikes and walks around the neighborhood. And a big one for me is getting to enjoy my morning coffee without having to go anywhere.😁
I'd love to experiment with cooking/baking now that I have the time. I'm hoping the stores aren't so empty on our next grocery run so I can pick up some stuff to experiment.

I don't have to wear real pants! PJ or yoga pants 24/7!
Me too! I'm a little worried about putting my jeans back on after this LOL

At 4 years old, my kid knows his alphabet and is starting to read on his own with very little help from me.
He meets all expectations for his age, which means anything I teach him this year is just bonus.
I plan on not stressing out about his education...

Once he can sound out enough words, I expect him to get a good job and buy Mommy a little house not more than 100ft from his house.

The snarky side of me wants to say, "There is no bright side to the quarantine!"

Upon further reflection...and trying to keep a positive outlook...

I've been walking the dogs everyday. They love the walk, and it really feels good to clear my head and get some fresh air!

I'll join in. I've been watching my little nephews while their moms are working. They're four months and six months old and it's really been nice seeing them everyday. Plus they don't have to leave their house so less exposure for their little systems.

More good things having the time to get to know my friends usually running around with my head cut off

Catching up on shows might change it to reading

Finding other ways to cope with my anxiety other then working out

The snarky side of me wants to say, "There is no bright side to the quarantine!"

Upon further reflection...and trying to keep a positive outlook...

I've been walking the dogs everyday. They love the walk, and it really feels good to clear my head and get some fresh air!

I've also been enjoying neighborhood walks. Never really did that before but I get stir crazy just sitting in my living room.

Getting things done around the house. I'm off and usually work two jobs, so I've done more in the last week and a half than I'd have done the rest of the year. Painted the basement (including laundry room and trim in the bathroom). painted garage wall, installed new dining room and bathroom light, new bathroom vanity, spring cleaning (windows, moving things and cleaning under them, ran the carpet cleaner), spread grass seed and put in new mulch, as well as cleaning up the decorative rock/bricks outside. Going to paint the master bedroom next, then maybe install new interior doors. Need to stop spending money though since I'm off.

Watching shows I've wanted to for a while/sleeping in. These kind of go hand in hand. Been sleeping in a few hours and work around the house for 5/6 hours a day. Then after dinner I start watching streaming/cable shows I've wanted to see. I can stay up later since I don't have to get up at 530.

I try to focus on the good things, because the uncertainty about the next few months (mostly financially) can really get to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter