On a budget! Need a cheap hotel that is clean and has comfortable beds

Dis1982

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
We are planning on our 2nd Disney vacation in less than 2 weeks
We went this past Dec for my daughters B-day and decided on yearly passes. So now it is my sons b-day and we are headed back

Last time we went we just grabbed a hotel that seem to be good, but the beds were horrable and if it wasnt 2 am I would have left and found another place to stay.

Can anyone suggest a clean, close hotel near Disney that has soft compfortable beds!?

TIA

Btw I am on a Budget so I am looking for under $100 a night, closer to under $75 if possible or even less lol! ;) TY

Any hotel or other lodging near to Disney which is less than the price for the Disney Value Resorts is probably not a comfortable place to stay. The hotels in Lake Buena Vista (SR-535 area) tend to be higher quality than those in Kissimmee (US-192 area).

What about a value resort at Disney? If you are going off season you may be able to get it under $100. We stayed at Buena Vista Palace across from Downtown Disney once and it was about $100 (and that wasn't value season) - it is a very nice hotel with super comfy beds. We also used Lastminutevacations.com to get a room at the Hilton across from Downtown Disney and I'm pretty sure we only paid $89 or $99 right around spring break - that was my favorite out of all these choices. Beautiful hotel and awesome pool.

Have you checked availability for a Florida Resident rate at a Disney Value resort? That could meet your budget, if you're not too late in getting it.

We always stay at Buena Vista Suites. It is nice,quiet, comfortable beds, and free daily breakfast. They have a one day sell on their website on Thursdays, usually $89.00/night. Might be less for Florida Residents.

we also use Buena Vista Suites the beds are real real nice and comfy and the free breakfast is a bonus.. we stay here everytime we visit wdw and love it..:love::banana:

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista is right outside the Downtown Disney gates. It is located on Palm Pkwy. close to everything. We have stayed there many times on budget trips and love it. The hotel has been renovated and all the rooms are very nice and include a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is gated and makes you feel secure. I have booked 7 nights there again in February! Right now on travelzoo.com they have a special that books right through the hotel for $49 a night. Than includes buy one get one free breakfast ($10) for two adults and kids eat free. They also charge no resort or parking fee, and that is a good thing considering the area.

Enjoy your trip, and good luck with booking your hotel!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the help :)
I am so nervous about this trip because the last trip resulted in bad beds. We could litterly feel the metal springs ( No pad at all! ) My husband has a back injury and this was torture for him :( For my kids, well they slept on extra pillows I demanded :/

I did look into pass holder discounts for disney resort hotels but they said the cheapest was $179 a night! That is tooo much for me.

Thanks again for all the suggestions :)

You could rent a condo at Windsor Hills for less than $100 night. We love it there. Just put in a request at windsorhillsrent.com :thumbsup2

O'BTW we stayed at the Seralago hotel last time we were in Disney incase anyone was wondering~>again very uncomfortable beds :(

Hi everyone!
We are planning on our 2nd Disney vacation in less than 2 weeks
We went this past Dec for my daughters B-day and decided on yearly passes. So now it is my sons b-day and we are headed back

Last time we went we just grabbed a hotel that seem to be good, but the beds were horrable and if it wasnt 2 am I would have left and found another place to stay.

Can anyone suggest a clean, close hotel near Disney that has soft compfortable beds!?

TIA

Btw I am on a Budget so I am looking for under $100 a night, closer to under $75 if possible or even less lol! ;) TY
We have stayed off site at Buena Vista Suites a couple of times and we love it. The hotel is very clean, staff is friendly and helpful, and we have gotten the room for $89 a night. The "room" actually consists of a living room area that has a pull out sofa, a chair, coffee table, desk&chair, and a mini bar area that has a mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The living room also has a decent size flat screen tv. The seperate bedroom has 2 beds (queen size I think), dresser,chair, and decent size flat screen tv . The beds are super comfy.
The cost of the room also includes a free hot breakfast each morning (downstairs in the restaurant), its buffet style with: eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, french toast, hot and cold cereal, fruit, danish, bagels etc. beverages are included and they are: coffee, tea, milk, chocolate milk, orange juice and I think cranberry juice.

I would definatley reccommend this hotel. My kids have even asked to stay here our entire trip next time rather than splitting the stay and spending part of our time at a Disney resort (because the beds are so comfortable, especially compared to the beds at the Disney resorts).

Go over to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board. There are lots of reviews there, and lots of dedicated "off-site" people who will give you plenty of info on where to stay. FWIW we rarely stay on-site and I'd NEVER pay $100 a night for a hotel room! Also, if you get a room with a bad mattress and have a car, go over to Walmart and get some of that corrugated foam mattress topper for about $20 for a double bed... not money you'd planned on spending, but better than trying to deal with the theme parks without having had enough sleep!!

I would use Priceline and get a really nice place for very little money. The Name your ownPrice part,not their regular booking part.

We are DVC, but we usually stay at Buena Vista Suites as well for a few nights before checking into our DVC resort. We usually get the $89 rate.

Yes, there are tons of cheaper alternatives. We choose to spend a few dollars more for this resort because it is very clean, no resort/hidden fees, very comfortable beds, decent sized rooms (we need a suite or 2 rooms), GREAT LOCACTION, and the decent free breakfast. It is a very good value for the price. Highly recommend!

Great info:)
Thanks all.

We have a 7 pound chihuahua so we have to find a pet friendly place. We would love to find a reasonable place with a kitchen and breakfast as well, even if it's a deluxe continental.

:yay:
Holly

Seus-mouse-I just saw a pet friendly hotel featured on Mousesavers- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista ( formally HI Sunspree). It is remodeled and has some suites. You can get a discount through moussavers.

We just returned from a quick weekend ultra-budget trip. We stayed at the Quality Inn Maingate Kissimmee (2 adults). With AAA discount, 2 nights were just under $100, including tax (I think price per night before tax was about $45). I would probably stay there again... if that was my budget.

We were literally a 2 minute drive from the main gate WDW entrance. Super close to the parks. The interior of the room was much nicer and cleaner than I expected for the price. Nice dark wood-type of decor. Very quiet room. Free breakfast included egg patties and sausage, plus the usual continental stuff, which was nice. Beds were comfortable, BUT we had requested a king, and they were out and gave us 2 doubles.

Cons: The outside of the hotel looked a little sketchy. Not nearly as nice in the pics. The US-192/Kissimmee area is not the nicest. Not unsafe, I would say, but not as nice looking, generally lower quality hotels, etc. We were at the parks literally all day long, so it was okay for us. The lobby/breakfast area was pretty small and not super nice, but sort of what you expect for this category of hotel.

For our use (just using the hotel to sleep and grab breakfast), this hotel worked fine, and I'd stay there again for that purpose. But I wouldn't stay there if I was going to be spending a whole lot of time at the hotel.

For comparison, we have also stayed at the Clarion Inn Kissimmee, which is basically across the road from the Quality Inn (in the US-192 Kissimmee area). The Clarion Inn was quite a bit more expensive ($60 a night), and a LOT less nice. It does have interior corridors, which is nice, but the whole place smelled smoky, and our room and especially bathroom was dirty, and the phone didn't work. The beds smelled musty and the linens did not look clean. Breakfast was an extra $3 and it was terrible. I would not recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter