OMG- Zhu Zhu Pets are they the new Cabbage Patch Kids????

walked into TRU this morning and they had quite a few plus some special editions.. dd got a white and pink/white one. They had some accessories also. No way would I spend my money on these things but the kids had gift cards saved up that I finally let them use. Im not a fan of TRU but had to pick up the bogo bionicles so it worked out and made the kiddos happy.

Walked into my TRU this a.m. about 9 and got in line at customer service. ( I was 3rd)They had everything behind the counter. I was able to get 3 of the new ones. Limit was 4 They were out of Jilly. A couple in front of me was returning a bunch of the accessories-I'm thinking they may have bought to sell online and saw prices falling and decided to get their money back;)

I looked at the slide and the car but decided against them.

I stopped by before I left and they had the Deluxe set left on the counter. I looked at it just to see all that came in it. A mom came up to buy it. When it rang up at $149. she asked them to hold on while she went and got her mom to see if she would split the cost with her.:goodvibes She did so they bought it.

I now have 7 of them and need to figure out what to do with a few of them. I think my neighbor will buy a few off of me (for cost) for her DD6.

Oh, and one small rant. After I waited for my turn and was standing at the counter I woman came up to the boxes on the counter (accessories) and said "Are these for sale?" The cashier said yes and she started to grab some. I (very nicley, I might say) said there was a line for Zhu Zhus. Then the cashier told the customer she would have to wait in line. Then the customer said to me, very snippily, that she's wasn't trying to take cuts, she didn't know that's what the line was for. I could tell by the glazed look in her eyes that she was fully on the Zhu Zhu hunt, but there was no call for being so rude to me. Oh well, I got mine, I don't know if she got hers, maybe not since there weren't many left.

Awesome news: I just scored two Jilly's for my girls from mygofer.com with an expected delivery date of 12/21 :dance3::yay::banana:

Mygofer.com is Kmart/Sears site, has all the new color hamsters for $10.99

I then went back and ordered one of each of the other colors using DH's CC :lmao:

OMG, I'm so excited! My girls REEEAALLY wanted the Jilly, the pink one. Santa comes through :woohoo:

Good luck! Go Go Go! ;)

Got my Jilly this am!!! She is really cute.........

So I ordered the speedboat this a.m. on TRU...it said it was in stock..let me put it in my cart and check out...good to go....nope...got home from work to an email that it was on backorder :mad:

It wasn't a gift, just thought it would be cute for DS..If it comes it comes..but don't show it in stock and go through the whole process if you really don't have it.

I have read that TRU is notorious for this, but since I was able to get all the way through the process and got a confirmation # that I was all set.

Went to Walmart this morning around 8 to get groceries, and checked for Zhus Zhus. They had 50 of the older 4 in the photography section of the store, one per customer. I already have 2, and I'm not planning on getting anymore unless I luck up and find the pink one! I asked about accessories, but they said to check the toy aisle. They had the carriers/blankets (I've already got 2 of these), and surf boards, so I got one of those. They said to check back every morning at 8, but didn't know if they would get any new ones in.

So I ordered the speedboat this a.m. on TRU...it said it was in stock..let me put it in my cart and check out...good to go....nope...got home from work to an email that it was on backorder :mad:

It wasn't a gift, just thought it would be cute for DS..If it comes it comes..but don't show it in stock and go through the whole process if you really don't have it.

I have read that TRU is notorious for this, but since I was able to get all the way through the process and got a confirmation # that I was all set.

Ok so now I just got an email saying that my item was located in the warehouse and is being processed...so who knows if its on its way or not..lol

Oh well, its not a Christmas gift, I already have a 2 hamsters (one for DS and one for DD10) , a playhouse, the surfboard and one other accessory ( the wheel maybe, I don't remember.lol)

Got my Jilly this am!!! She is really cute.........

:cool1:

I got mine today too! Jilly is adorable! I got 2 Jilly's, 1 Scoodles, 1 Nugget, and 1 Winkie.

DH lucked out and was able to pick up a set of the new ones from CVS yesterday so now both girls each have their own set of all 5 of the original hamsters plus the 4 new ones :upsidedow LOL

We had to stop into TRU today and they saw the 4 packs of the new ones and they were bawling when we told them we couldn't get them :guilty: but they'll be soo excited come Christmas morning!:goodvibes

Now, we're just hoping to score the babies and stroller before Christmas ;)

Yay my 4 pack (new colors *Jilly*) has shipped! They left HODGKINS, IL @ 10:26am this morning! My Shopko order arrived today as well, I returned it all ~ I had order a Starter Set with Patches + all 4 original colors ~ I already had/have the Starter Set w/ Patches and Pip Squeak ~ I had planned on returning those 2 items (I wanted the free shipping w/ $75 purchase), but I returned all hamsters since I have the 4 new ones on the way, DD will still get Patches.

I posted a new thread about it, but I thought I"d put it here, too. My CVS had all four new pets and BABIES tonight! It was limit two Zhu Zhu items per person, so I decided to get two babies. So, start stalking your CVS's again, they are getting the new stuff!

Looking on Craigslist, Zhu Zhus have been spotted at Walmarts in my area. Wish the kids were in school cuz there's no way I can go now!! Emailed my DH, not sure if he'll go look during his lunch hour. I only need the new ones, so if I don't get them, its fine. But I'm sure my girls would love a pink one!

There were 100 back in shoes around 9:50am on Grant in Northglenn. Also, 30 about 8:30am in Lafayette off 287.

Good luck to anyone still looking!!:goodvibes

Update: My DH went to the one in Northglenn, no new colors. But anyone looking for the first edition, they have plenty!!

Wish we had CVS in Colorado!!

My hamster hunt is over finally! I cannot wait to see some of the new items from the sneak peek on the website though. :goodvibes

I have Jilly! I wasn't going to get anymore for dd10. She has the white one with a purple carrier. My mother got her the gray one and a pink carrier, a wheel, and the surfboard (that I just found Monday at Walmart) that she will open tomorrow night. My mil is taking her shopping after Christmas (her gift was a $5 necklace and a note promising a shopping trip next week-I think it was a great idea!), so I figured she could get what she wanted then. I knew the only thing that would temp me would be the pink one! I had to run to Dollar General this morning for some cleaning supplies, and it is right next door to CVS. They had a sign on the door saying they had Zhu Zhus, so I went in and there were 2 Jillys the counter. They had nothing else, no accessories or anything, but I had to get one!

My problem then became the other 2 kids. They each had 5 gifts under the tree (they get 3 more plus stocking stuffers from Santa), so I had to go to yet another store to find a gift for ds12 and the baby to even things up!:rotfl:

I don't think they are as popular here as some other areas. They had probably 4 or 5 dozen of the originals behind the photo counter at Walmart yesterday morning, and no one was even in the area. :confused3 They were making announcements about them over the loud speaker to try to get people to the area. They had sold some Monday morning (yes, I went to Walmart 2 days in a row) but still had alot left-no mad dash or lines.

My TRU has several at the customer service desk. I got their last pink one and the black and white one. I can't wait until the babies are available around here.

I picked up a Jilly today for a mom of one of the girls in my DD's preschool class. This little girl has been telling everyone that she is getting a pink Zhu Zhu for Christmas. I spoke to her mom who was so upset that she can't find it anywhere...she went to 8 CVS's alone yesterday. This am I called a few other stores and there was one that got 6 hamsters in their shipment and there was 1 Jilly mixed in. I begged the store manager to hold it for me which she did. I drove the 45 minutes to get it. Once it was in my car I called the mom to tell her her hunt was over....she was speechless and started crying on the phone. I could hear people in the background asking her what was wrong........ when I got to her house to drop it off, I was welcomed with the biggest hug. This is what Christmas is all about.....that moment made my entire week.....

just had to share...

I picked up a Jilly today for a mom of one of the girls in my DD's preschool class. This little girl has been telling everyone that she is getting a pink Zhu Zhu for Christmas. I spoke to her mom who was so upset that she can't find it anywhere...she went to 8 CVS's alone yesterday. This am I called a few other stores and there was one that got 6 hamsters in their shipment and there was 1 Jilly mixed in. I begged the store manager to hold it for me which she did. I drove the 45 minutes to get it. Once it was in my car I called the mom to tell her her hunt was over....she was speechless and started crying on the phone. I could hear people in the background asking her what was wrong........ when I got to her house to drop it off, I was welcomed with the biggest hug. This is what Christmas is all about.....that moment made my entire week.....

just had to share...
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Awwww, Merry Christmas!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter