OMG- Zhu Zhu Pets are they the new Cabbage Patch Kids????

My kids loved their Zhu zhu pets. My DD almost 6 got Chunk, and DD3 1/2 got Numnums. We also got the funhouse and the wheel. Did anyone else think they were a pain to put together? And every time my girls try to move the house around (they were putting it on the "plane" to Disney yesterday - they always play "going to Disney"), it falls apart at one or more seams.

I think we would have been better off just getting 2 hamsters each, with the beds and blankets.

Saturday my older DD found out that there are babies coming out :)

I guess the easter bunny might be bringing them

DD7 loves her Zhu Zhu's. Santa brought Pipsqueak and Chunk, along with the house, car/garage and the activity wheel. My DD 11 has been playing with them when she thinks nobody's looking!!!

All 3 of my kids love their Zhu Zhu pets. We have most of the accessories and the first set of 4 hammies. Each kid picked out the color they wanted on Christmas morning with "Pipsqueak" being left for mom and dad.:lmao: Now the girls want more, "Jilly and Winkie" being tops. We all think their a blast tho!! Especially when one busts throught the garage door in his car!!;)

They have Christmas money, so IF we can find some....

Hallmark near me says they'll be getting them in January.:goodvibes

DD's Love their zhu zhu's in our house too....all 18 of them! :lmao:

Each has a set of the original 5 plus each has 4 of the new ones :goodvibes

Jilly is a big hit of course and we have all the accessories. The entire set-up is working out just fine for us. The wheel works great...the hamsters can get in and out no problems, the spiral slide is a favorite and dh taped the top of the garage and so that works great too!

We're looking forward to getting the stroller, babies, and clothes next ;)

Jilly is a big hit of course and we have all the accessories. The entire set-up is working out just fine for us. The wheel works great...the hamsters can get in and out no problems, the spiral slide is a favorite and dh taped the top of the garage and so that works great too!

I agree! My DH is amazed at how they can get in and out of the wheel no problem!! And DH also taped the top of the garage--working just fine!!:thumbsup2

My girls are looking forward to the babies, stroller and clothes as well!!

The ball is the only thing that's not that great...I thought it was supposed to come w/ a stabilizer?

Anyone else having a problem with theirs? My sons just stopped working this morning. It make noise but it no longer moves:sick: I dont see anything caught in the wheels.

Anyone else having a problem with theirs? My sons just stopped working this morning. It make noise but it no longer moves:sick: I dont see anything caught in the wheels.
2 of ours needed new batteries...the ones that come in them aren't that great!

Yes!! It's almost like the button isn't even there anymore to push. Let me know if you figure it out. :confused3

WOW...18 of them...we have 8 and it seems like too many.

Our garage was a problem too!

I agree! My DH is amazed at how they can get in and out of the wheel no problem!! And DH also taped the top of the garage--working just fine!!:thumbsup2

My girls are looking forward to the babies, stroller and clothes as well!!

The ball is the only thing that's not that great...I thought it was supposed to come w/ a stabilizer?

Wonder when the babies will come out? :confused3

There should have been a small stabilizer, it is like a 2 inch by 3/4 inch piece of the blue plastic.

The garage was the biggest pain to assemble. I think I finally have it together right without having to tape it. Our ball came with a stabilizer but it still doesn't work that great. The ramp and slide and the surfboard are the biggest hit here (well, and the funhouse).

There should have been a small stabilizer, it is like a 2 inch by 3/4 inch piece of the blue plastic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will look for it. My DH opened and put everything together, so it may have been lost in the shuffle. :confused3

I had to come back to this thread just to see if anyone else got them stuck in their hair. It was a nightmare. We were in the car, Christmas Eve, late at night when my DD3 got it tangled. Then the next day it happened to my mom's DSD7!! The hair gets pulled back now before they are allowed to play with the zhu zhus!

DD10 pulls her hair back now as well. She has pretty long hair and it can get caught easily.

Wonder when the babies will come out? :confused3

The babies are out now. A few lucky DISers were able to find them before Christmas at CVS. There is a stroller for them too. I was very excited about them (for me :lmao:) but after seeing them I think we will skip them. They are not furry and are not very cute...kind of like real baby hamsters! :rotfl:

The babies are out now. A few lucky DISers were able to find them before Christmas at CVS. There is a stroller for them too. I was very excited about them (for me :lmao:) but after seeing them I think we will skip them. They are not furry and are not very cute...kind of like real baby hamsters! :rotfl:

OK, I just found them on eBay...they are NOT cute...but I am sure my DDs will want them!

DD10 pulls her hair back now as well. She has pretty long hair and it can get caught easily.

Ours rolled across our dogs tail. So watch out for that. She was not a happy camper when I had to get it out. :mad: Other than that they have been a great hit.

The gray one (not sure of the name) got out and goes around and around your foot. Very amusing. :confused3 I sat there and watched it for at least 5 minutes. Hubby thought I was nuts.:laughing:

Yes!! It's almost like the button isn't even there anymore to push. Let me know if you figure it out. :confused3

It is definatley the batteries!! This happened to pipsqueak the first day - he was making noise but not moving. Put in new batteries and he worked fine :banana:

But if after replacing the batteries, if that button is still missing on his back (not pressing down), then you may need to open hime up, take out the batteries, unscrew the screws, pop up the plastic, then realign the white button....:eek:..... yup, had to do that too!!

We had that problem too. One of dd10's quit running around, so dh changed the batteries. The sounds were there, but he wouldn't move. So she brought him to mama to do surgery! Silly man didn't read the instructions. I took the batteries out, made sure to put them in firmly, and reattached everything, and he works fine now!

Does anybody have any ideas what would cause our white one to stop moving, I've changed the batteries and still nothing. He does make noise. I might add that he took a tumble down a couple of stairs on one of his little walks. :rolleyes1

We're not impressed with the ball. I just can't get the stabilizer to stay attached. It falls off in the ball & then they just get stuck in there.

Other than the ball - it's been a big hit for DD8 :thumbsup2

Does anybody have any ideas what would cause our white one to stop moving, I've changed the batteries and still nothing. He does make noise. I might add that he took a tumble down a couple of stairs on one of his little walks. :rolleyes1

Can you feel the button on the back, the one you press to make it move? My DD's pipsqueak took a tumble and this little button moved, enough that you couldn't press it anymore. Your would touch the spot on the back and nothing clicked or moved. I took the batteries out, unscrewed the two screws, popped the battery holder out and re-adjusted the little button. Works as good as new!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter