OMG- Zhu Zhu Pets are they the new Cabbage Patch Kids????

everylastbreath

DIS Veteran
Great, here we go again... Another holiday season and yet again the toy manufactures have done it again to our kids, the T.V. stations play these commercials every 10 minutes for these damn Zhu Zhu Pet hamsters, running thru their tubes, my 4 year old GS walks around continously asking for a Zhu Zhu pet and WE CAN'T GET IT! Stores all sold out, on line they are going for 3-4x's their regular price on Amazon. Damn these toy manufactures, if they are going to so heavily advertise these stupid toys why can't they make enough of them to be able to get one. It's so frustrating, and it's not even holiday time yet! I just wish we could all just boycot the toy company that does this just to leave them with a ton of unsold toys as punishment.

There, I'm done venting.. now I'll continue searching for the dumb hamster.

My daughter wanted the LIV dolls (the ones with the wigs, ugh, hideous) and we got the last one @ our TRU. We also saw zhu zhu pets, but no pets, just their cages and rings and tubes...

Good Luck on your quest, try ebay?

That's one reason it's nice my 3 year old is in daycare...NO TV! He never sees any toy commericals, so I've never had any toy crazes to worry about. Guess I only have 2 years of that safety net left though....then I'll be camping out at TRU.:eek:

Here's a link for the company. There are some stores mentioned at the bottom to check with. I remember when Webkinz were at there peak of popularity and were in short supply, our local Hallmark started a waiting list and would call when they came in. So, you might try hallmark since they are on the list. Hopefully, they really are upping production...

http://www.zhuzhupets.com/buy.html

Oh, great, I didn't realize they'd be hard to find. DS started asking for them yesterday, but hopefully he will move on to something else and forget about it once he starts school next week.

Great, here we go again... Another holiday season and yet again the toy manufactures have done it again to our kids, the T.V. stations play these commercials every 10 minutes for these damn Zhu Zhu Pet hamsters, running thru their tubes, my 4 year old GS walks around continously asking for a Zhu Zhu pet and WE CAN'T GET IT! Stores all sold out, on line they are going for 3-4x's their regular price on Amazon. Damn these toy manufactures, if they are going to so heavily advertise these stupid toys why can't they make enough of them to be able to get one. It's so frustrating, and it's not even holiday time yet! I just wish we could all just boycot the toy company that does this just to leave them with a ton of unsold toys as punishment.

There, I'm done venting.. now I'll continue searching for the dumb hamster.

This morning (true story) I saw this thread and didn't even open it because I didn't know what you were talking about. In the last ten minutes the commercial has been on twice and the little friend I babysit (he is just over 2) has told me twice he wants it...pointing at the tv and saying, "Liz Liz I want zoo zoo."

Liz

This morning (true story) I saw this thread and didn't even open it because I didn't know what you were talking about. In the last ten minutes the commercial has been on twice and the little friend I babysit (he is just over 2) has told me twice he wants it...pointing at the tv and saying, "Liz Liz I want zoo zoo."

Liz

I KNOW!!! Twice in 10 minutes, I swear that commercial is on continously!! Unbelievable.

We saw a couple at our Target earlier this week. My DD has the real thing and I told her she was crazy if she thought she would get a toy one too!

I had to google it to see what it was...can you say annoying website?! I am glad I have not seen the commercial yet! :lmao:

and they haven't got them - in fact two of them said they haven't heard of them yet....
Can we promise each other to post as soon as someone finds them somewhere??? Should I like check TRU site like every day?? Amazon wants like $35 dollars for them....
Goodness last year was the WII thing...now this year this thing....although I think I'd much rather have this that a REAL hamster!!;)
TIA - Barb in Texas

I sure hope they won't be $40 when they actually are in the stores!:headache:

The prices on Amazon are outrageous!

%^%(*&%(&) My daughter just asked for these dang things last night for her b-day in October! I had no idea they were hot or hard to find. Figures- just my luck.

It is my understanding that they were released in a test market in Arizona...because they did so well they are now marketing them nationally. The target date for the national release is late August/Sept. So I am thinking sometime in the next month they will be more accessible. The ones that are selling now are probably so high because those were some of the ones released in the smaller testing market....so people are taking advantage and charging extra. I bet next month they will be everywhere! Although I am sure it is something you are going to want to get long before Christmas since they will surely be sold out come Dec.:goodvibes

It seems that I always see these commercials (and the stupid liv doll ones) on Disney XD. So if you dont want your kid to pester you for a toy that you can't find (like Tickle me Elmo hahahaaha) then watch some Disney DVDs for a while instead. :rotfl:

It is my understanding that they were released in a test market in Arizona...because they did so well they are now marketing them nationally. The target date for the national release is late August/Sept. So I am thinking sometime in the next month they will be more accessible. The ones that are selling now are probably so high because those were some of the ones released in the smaller testing market....so people are taking advantage and charging extra. I bet next month they will be everywhere! Although I am sure it is something you are going to want to get long before Christmas since they will surely be sold out come Dec.:goodvibes

Yes heard this too. My DD wants this for Christmas & when I started looking for them a few weeks ago, I remember one website I was on (don't remember which one) had a release date of September 1. I'm definitely going to buy them as soon as I see them because I do think they will be extremely hard to find! Good luck everyone

I am joining you guys on the hunt...stupid toy makers! :lmao: Sooo anyway..my Target has nothing, I checked one walmart here...I have like 4 more in a 8 mile radius...so will check them tomorrow...but I did swing by TRU for kicks and giggles...well there they have them as GO GO Pets...apparently Zhu Zhu is chinese for GO GO...something like that anyway..is what the lady at TRU told me...sooo back to my hunt...I found the actual hamsters..they had about 25 of them for $7.99 each. So I got 1 of each..there are only 4 different kinds...figured I needed to get what I could. I asked about the cage/house/tubes...whatever you call it..they sold out in like 2 days or some craziness. She said to check back tomorrow they are getting a shipment. Sooo I will check again tomorrow. My daughter has a bday in October, so she will either get these or her American Girl Doll. The house thingee is on TRU's website for $20..so I wouldn't expect it to be much more than that anywhere else...except ebay and such! GOOD LUCK finding them. If I find them anywhere else I will let ya know..so far, just the pets themselves!

I'm sorry but what is TRU????? I add my story to all the others here, my daughter wants these too.......uuugghhh!!!!

I'm sorry but what is TRU????? I add my story to all the others here, my daughter wants these too.......uuugghhh!!!!

TRU=Toys R Us.

Luckily my daughter is at an age where she doesn't want everything she sees on the TV. But i may start looking for these for my neice. she will be 4.5 and i think that it will be perfect for her!

lara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter