***OLD***DisDivas and Family October Mini Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so ready for a three day weekend.

Sounds like Stacie and Heather had a nice visit. We have such a nice group of women.:grouphug:

We are a great group of women! And so lucky!!

Let's hope she's not going to be a good mom anytime soon! (do you really want to be a Grandma already?) LOL

Um, NO! I can wait! But I know it will be fun once it's time!!

Um, NO! I can wait! But I know it will be fun once it's time!!

I hear you, my friend. I was never much of the "mom" type. I only had one, always worked full time, always put myself and marriage first, always felt like I should be doing more for her (not monetary-wise, but physically being more of a hands on mom) and yet feel very fortunate that I have a wonderfully well balanced and emotionally stable adult child. But all of a sudden, just this last year, I really want to be a grandma! I am so envious of you ladies that have grandbabies close to you. I know I want Breezy to wait until she is older and married to have children, but dang it, I am ready now!:woohoo: I don't know if it is mid-life crisis for me or what **Heavy Sigh**

I hear you, my friend. I was never much of the "mom" type. I only had one, always worked full time, always put myself and marriage first, always felt like I should be doing more for her (not monetary-wise, but physically being more of a hands on mom) and yet feel very fortunate that I have a wonderfully well balanced and emotionally stable adult child. But all of a sudden, just this last year, I really want to be a grandma! I am so envious of you ladies that have grandbabies close to you. I know I want Breezy to wait until she is older and married to have children, but dang it, I am ready now!:woohoo: I don't know if it is mid-life crisis for me or what **Heavy Sigh**

It sounds like your indirect biological clock is ticking :lmao: But seriously, your feelings are completely understandable. I don't think it seems like mid-life crisis at all, it's your maternal instincts. Babies are so lovable, (especially when you can hand them back to mom eventually!) and for extremely loving, caring, and giving individuals, it's natural to have the desire to nurture. You would be a great grandma! ;)

Linda - Wow I could have sworn I had written this myself when I read it! I had an only child DD too and I worked full time most of her life and even decided to go back to college and got my degree at one point. I never seemed to have time to have tea parties with her, or go for manicures, etc. Then when her dad and I divorced she was in the 8th grade and he left the state and it was just the two of us and she had to take care of herself a lot after school when I was working. I'm not saying she was a perfect child but I didn't have any problems (not real big problems) with her at all! I too am very fortunate that she has grown up to be a responsible and stable adult (I guess she is an adult now since she turned 20 over the weekend and she kept telling me 'I am no longer a teenager' :sad2:)

BUT I don't have the grandbaby urge yet! I think it's because I got married at 20 and I want her to wait and have fun while she's young!

Thanks for the kind words and understanding.:hug:
I didn't mean to post such an emotional thing and afterwards thought - these are my diva friends, they will not judge me.:)

Anyway, back to the Halloween time planning! This trip will be so much fun. DL/DCA really takes on a different feel over Trick or Treat time. It's like no other.:thumbsup2

We are a great group of women! And so lucky!!
!

That is so true.

I didn't mean to post such an emotional thing and afterwards thought - these are my diva friends, they will not judge me.:)

You got it, gf. We are here to support you.:grouphug:

I want the artwork too!

Nice to hear about Stacie and Heather's great visit. I mean, The Buzzmaster and Heather...

Anyway, back to the Halloween time planning! This trip will be so much fun. DL/DCA really takes on a different feel over Trick or Treat time. It's like no other.:thumbsup2

:hug: Everyone gets emotional feelings like that, so it might as well be voiced among friends.

Is it October yet???? I think we will be doing the t-shirt thing (Jesse still refuses to wear a costume and I think it would be a PITA to pack much of one....). princess:

Not October yet, but the way the months have been flying it will probably be here before we know it :thumbsup2.

I still think my family will only do t-shirts (except baby, she'll wear a costume). For one, I don't know if the older kids will be going. My DS wants to go, but only if he has someone to hang out with. And DD only wants to go if she can bring a friend. If I let her bring a friend, I'll have to get 2 hotel rooms (which I don't want to do).

So basically, I have know idea what we're doing :upsidedow.

Not October yet, but the way the months have been flying it will probably be here before we know it :thumbsup2.

I still think my family will only do t-shirts (except baby, she'll wear a costume). For one, I don't know if the older kids will be going. My DS wants to go, but only if he has someone to hang out with. And DD only wants to go if she can bring a friend. If I let her bring a friend, I'll have to get 2 hotel rooms (which I don't want to do).

So basically, I have know idea what we're doing :upsidedow.

Kate, how old is your son? There seem to be a lot of 13-14 year old boys coming (including my son). We may also be bringing Jesse's best friend, who is also named Jesse :rotfl2: I am also trying to talk Frank into maybe coming too. I ordered out t-shirts today. We got Grover, Elmo, Cookie Monster, and I'm getting Frank Oscar the Grouch, just because I :lovestruc him!!

I love the t-shirt idea!

I have a feeling, that only the boys will be in full costume. DH doesn't want to wear a costume, and I have body issues, and finding a plus size costume that is comfortable enough to wear around all night will be a challenge. I'm still thinking on it though.

I've found some cute costume ideas on ebay. Right now, Nathan has a HUGE thing for Mickey, Oso, and Elmo. I'm thinking of doing one of those for him, and then I would want to think of something for Nolan. I might end up with two Mickey's! :rotfl: I'm not sure if the Disney store will even have Oso costumes. There is a really cute Davy Jones and Jack costume set, but it's so over done...not that Mickey isn't actually. I guess I'm not ready for my babies to dress up like boys. I want them to dress cute while I have the chance. I have years of pirates, devils, and scary costumes ahead of me.

I did see a fairy Godmother costume that I like, but I think it would be cuter if I had a little girl to go with it. Maybe someitme soon I'll have my wish. :thumbsup2

Talk with you all later!

Heather

Hi Heather--I have the same costume concerns you have. I didn't like costumes when I was a kid--I certainly don't think I would be comfortable all night as a plus-size lady myself!

this is the Dis-sign that someone did (rumblytumbly I think) last year--obviously the year would need to be updated (or better yet removed so it could be work multi-years). I thought this would be cute on a black or white or orange t-shirt

halloweendl2008.jpg

Hi Heather--I have the same costume concerns you have. I didn't like costumes when I was a kid--I certainly don't think I would be comfortable all night as a plus-size lady myself!

this is the Dis-sign that someone did (rumblytumbly I think) last year--obviously the year would need to be updated (or better yet removed so it could be work multi-years). I thought this would be cute on a black or white or orange t-shirt

halloweendl2008.jpg

I like this graphic, Cheryl! I need to work on our 2010 shirt logos too, I might make a few spooky halloweeney sketches while I'm at it. I'm getting so excite! I move in a month! :woohoo::yay::cool1:

halloweendl2008.jpg

That is really cute Cheryl!! I vote for no date at all. The fashion forward Divas would like it more that way. It is something to think about. It'd be funny if we could invent a 'Dis Diva' Costume shirt. Maybe make it look like there's a feather boa on it or something. Hmmm, you've given me something to think about.

Oh, and I read about all of your sad news. It seems to be pouring at your house. I'm sorry you've had such a rough weekend. :hug:

My turn to bring us up!;)

Goodnight ladies. See you tomorrow.:cutie:

Just stopping by.

James said he's been thinking about his costume. So I guess we are dressing up after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter