OKW....very disapointed

It will be cleaned before check in. All villas are cleaned before a new guest checks in. Did you want something different?

Hi Deb & Bill:

I am just worried about the cleanliness issues I have been reading here (especially it seems about Old Key West). I
was wondering if I could pay extra for a better cleaning before check-in?

Thanks!

Hi Deb & Bill:

I am just worried about the cleanliness issues I have been reading here (especially it seems about Old Key West). I
was wondering if I could pay extra for a better cleaning before check-in?

Thanks!

That is going to be totally up to the efficiency of the specific mousekeeper that does an individual unit. We have noted that there are some buildings who have excellent cleaning services and some that do not. Unfortunately, my favorite buildings at OKW do NOT have the best mousekeeping "team", but I know that, and I deal with it by informing the manager each time. I'm specific too. I usually ask for mousekeeping to correct the issue as well, but I KNOW that in that particular building, it still isn't going to be done the way I would like. It's just like anything else...If a mousekeeper isn't good at cleaning their own home, they aren't likely to have the same expectation of what is "clean" at the workplace either. Each person brings a different level to each job, and it's what we can or will accept that drives what happens from there. It is my hope that if management sees a lot of complaints from a specific area, they will "do something about it".

Does anyone know when this hard refurbishment will take place and what it will consist of. We are going in January so I am concerned.

Does anyone know when this hard refurbishment will take place and what it will consist of. We are going in January so I am concerned.

The lady I spoke with did not know the exact date of the hard refirb. My opinion would be not in the immediate future because they don't seem to have a definate plan in place.

...We have noted that there are some buildings who have excellent cleaning services and some that do not. Unfortunately, my favorite buildings at OKW do NOT have the best mousekeeping "team",...

So, I have lost track based on cleanliness and location, what would those familiar with OKW recommend in terms of requesting a building for us newbies who have children than will want to use the main pool and the facilities as well as a nice view etc. :goodvibes

You will need to see if there is a "Near the Hospitality House" location available. This is a "room category" and does not require anymore points. Once again, this is a booking category and not a room request. This will guarantee you a building close to the main pool. I would call Member Services today and inquire.

The "what it will consist of" is they key. My definition is pretty inclusive and I've stated what I feel a true hard refurbishment consists of, essentially a total redo of the unit. In 15 years of membership I have never seen a hard refurbishment at a DVC resort, I'm hoping they actually start with them.

We are heading down to OKW Sunday for a week and then over to SSR for a week, although we rented the OKW points, we are new members and the SSR stay is on DP's. Apparently at some point during the rental process I became VERY THIRSTY FOR KOOLAID:rotfl2:

My only request at OKW was a building number above 30 because of the entrance into the bath.

IF we end up with one of the crappy rooms I am reading about...STAND BY!! I just want everyone to know that my wife will kill me and leave my body parts in the oven for the next guest to deal with...Please...Please...Please let the room be clean....wish me luck, as I might not make it back!!

Sept of 2008 we went over to VWL and wanted to see what a DVC studio looked like so we were taken to see one. And low and behold it was one on a floor, 3rd floor, that was completly under construction. The CM applogized for taking us to see one that was on a floor off limits to the public but it was the best she could do for us. We could not even get to this floor via the elevator we had to get off at floor 2 and take the stairs to 3. For our Feb 2009 stay at VWL we went back to the 3rd floor to see the completed look. When we were there in Sept the carpet in the rooms as well as the hallway was ripped out, walls we repainted, new sofa beds ect.

I did alert the onsite management and today I sent an email to member satisfaction. I don't know what they'll do, but I do hope they acknowlege the issue. Are any of the DVC resort completely renovated? I know this comment is subject to decorating taste, but it seems that OKW is very outdated. I know they close the regular resorts to remodel occassionally and since the DVC resorts are newer than other regular resorts that have been remodeled, does anyone know how dvc will handle this over time?

We had a horrible experience a year ago. The beds were like two rocks! There was pizza hanging off the outside of the building and a used pizza box thrown about. There were glasses with drinks on the railings. The rooms were not clean. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. So disappointed that I asked for my points back. I suggest that anyone that stays with this problem, complain to management and DVC management. It is the only chance we have for fixing the problem.

We had a horrible experience a year ago. The beds were like two rocks! There was pizza hanging off the outside of the building and a used pizza box thrown about. There were glasses with drinks on the railings. The rooms were not clean. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. So disappointed that I asked for my points back. I suggest that anyone that stays with this problem, complain to management and DVC management. It is the only chance we have for fixing the problem.

Did they refund your points, when you asked?

I stayed at OKW last October. My experience was great. The room was clean and tidy. We had a studio in Building 14.

I was at OKW last October in a two bedroom in building 22; we had absolutely no complaints. It was clean, nothing was broken, and everything was well stocked right down to the little washcloth animals. It was our first time at OKW, and we really enjoyed everything...the quiet, the view of the golf course fountains, Olivia's, the quiet pool, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter