OK Guys... YOU'VE CONVINCED ME! PCC 2.0 IS ON!!!

:wave2: Hi Becx! - we are beyond excited to be joining you guys!

I have just got off the phone from DVC MS - virtually nothing left for those dates - no studios at all!! :scared1:

So we have a 1 bedroom at SSR. DH and I will go out on 4th Dec. Kate will join us on 9 Dec. DH will go home on 11 Dec (the thought of all those Disney freaks makes him want to run a mile - even though we've tried to convince him how nice everyone is!).

Post cruise Kate and I have 2 nights at OKW in a studio - I have totally run out of points and have even used my 2011 ones too! (I feel a bit of addonitis coming on!).

Can't wait to join in with the fun on the podcast boards (I have been lurking for months!!) and meet everyone who I feel I know already!

Thanks for the fantastic welcome everyone! :banana:

welcome aboard!!!!!

i was supposed to be on PCC 1.0 but wasn't able to make it (my son's wedding was that week)...
i can't wait for PCC 2.0 to finally meet everyone i feel as if i already know (to quote you :goodvibes)

you're a step ahead of me since you've already met several disers....
i've only met one so far (on our cruise a few years back)..
but i'll be meeting a few more in June......including Kate!!!!

anyway, welcome!!

Beth

We're on Virgin VS027 - 11.15am :goodvibes
Kate's Mum is a sweetie - so glad they can both make it :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I hope you can get SSR for the 9th - 12th, we're staying there before the cruise. I hope you can get a good price on the flights :thumbsup2 What sort of ticket are you getting for your next trip? Could you upgrade it to no expiration?
I wouldn't worry about the seas, it's out of hurricane season I think - as long as it's not a force 10 gale like we had in the Med you'll be fine :goodvibes :laughing: If you're really concerned have a look on the cruise board :thumbsup2

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I am planning to be on the same flight! It will be nice to know some friendly faces, as this will be my first time flying alone!

My mom is lovely, without her I couldn't of even thought about coming! :goodvibes

We are at SSR too! My ticket for this trip is an annual pass, which expires in September, but the ticket prices aren't too bad! On the UK Disney website it is quoting me the same price for tickets for anywhere between 5 to 14 days, so that's not too bad!

I could not of coped with a force 10! :scared1: Apparently December is one of the best times to sail! I shouldn't stop myself doing what I want for the fear of feeling a little bit sick. I just need to man up! :rotfl:

Kate and Suze congratulations of joining 2.0. Looking forward to meeting you both and hope you can join us at the Boardwalk meet on the eve of the cruise. :goodvibes

Mom here! - It's NOT a wine induced haze!

We had so much fun meeting lovely fellow DISers "Becx and Gav" and "Disney Enabler" last year - you know we would love to meet other fanatic DISers!

Launchpad11B is right - you have your whole life to be responsible - we NEED to do this cruise!! Now you have the opportunity - it would be so sad to miss it! DH (dad to you - wishspirit!) and I were going to WDW to celebrate my 50th in Jan 2010 - I can't think of a better reason to bring forward the celebration!

Michael and I are really excited to hear that you will be on Podcast 2.0. If you could handle the Illuminations boat then you can handle the cruise ship! It is going to be a great trip with so much to celebrate. Enjoy each and every day as you never know what the future will bring and I can't think of a better group of people to celebrate your accomplishment with than the DISers. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

It's a great day to be alive,
Carol

:wave2: Hi Becx! - we are beyond excited to be joining you guys!

I have just got off the phone from DVC MS - virtually nothing left for those dates - no studios at all!! :scared1:

So we have a 1 bedroom at SSR. DH and I will go out on 4th Dec. Kate will join us on 9 Dec. DH will go home on 11 Dec (the thought of all those Disney freaks makes him want to run a mile - even though we've tried to convince him how nice everyone is!).

Post cruise Kate and I have 2 nights at OKW in a studio - I have totally run out of points and have even used my 2011 ones too! (I feel a bit of addonitis coming on!).

Can't wait to join in with the fun on the podcast boards (I have been lurking for months!!) and meet everyone who I feel I know already!

Thanks for the fantastic welcome everyone! :banana:

I'm glad you got a room somewhere - you'll love the 1 bed, have you stayed in one before? So happy you'll be at SSR too :goodvibes

At least your points are well spent :goodvibes That's what they are there for :thumbsup2

I am planning to be on the same flight! It will be nice to know some friendly faces, as this will be my first time flying alone!

My mom is lovely, without her I couldn't of even thought about coming! :goodvibes

We are at SSR too! My ticket for this trip is an annual pass, which expires in September, but the ticket prices aren't too bad! On the UK Disney website it is quoting me the same price for tickets for anywhere between 5 to 14 days, so that's not too bad!

I could not of coped with a force 10! :scared1: Apparently December is one of the best times to sail! I shouldn't stop myself doing what I want for the fear of feeling a little bit sick. I just need to man up! :rotfl:

I hope you can get the same flight, we're in economy on the way there, would love to have you as company - the holiday can start even earlier :cool1:

We're planning on booking the Yotel the night before we fly - got a great deal for a parking meet and greet at Gatwick.

:hug: for your Mum - she's a star :goodvibes

I hope you get a good deal on the tickets, I think we'll both get AP's.

As Carol said it'll be no worse than the Illuminations boat cruise!

Now you need to start planning......

Kate...I truly wouldn't worry about any kind of sea sickness on the cruise. I will tell you that you will feel some motion, but it really isn't that bad. I do tend to get sea sick, so to prevent that, I take Bonine or the less drowsy version of Dramamine. Bonine is better because it doesn't make me sleepy. I start my motion sickness pills about 2 nights before I board the ship and then I take one pill every night at bedtime during the cruise. That way I can sleep off the sleepy part of the pill!

But truthfully, this cruise isn't bad at all. You'll feel the motion at night because the ship moves a bit faster than during the day, but it's really not bad at all.

Besides, you have all of us to distract you! :thumbsup2

Kate. What Brandie said.

1.0 was our first cruise. I didn't take anything but my wife did the Bonine and ginger tablets. She can be prone to motion sickness but really had no issues. We were lower in the ship, deck 2 mid ship.

I did feel motion the first night as we made our way across the gulf. Both in the theater during the show while seated and again in the dining room during dinner. Nothing that bothered me but I could feel it.

The last night after dinner and during the final DIS get together, the movement was a bit more pronounced. It started bothering the wife later in the evening and she left the party a little early. Once back in the stateroom she was fine.

We'll be on deck 6 for this cruise but again in mid ship. She's not ready to give up the assurance of mid ship just yet. :)

So glad you are able to join us and that we finally get to meet.

This is getting better and better :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter