***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

goofballs

Mouseketeer
Hotel question for meetup.
Looking for on-site meetup stay Fri/Sat/Sun for 4. Narrowed down to Cabana Bay or maybe Sapphire Falls.

I understand SF has a water taxi. Is it also walkable to the parks? How about walk-ability from CB to parks?

Husband needs an ECV in the parks, and it’s easier if he can also ride to/from hotel but not 100% necessary. Due to personal preference, ECV on buses is a no-go for us, but not a problem to take on water taxi.

We were spoiled with a stay at HRH last meet-up, but it’s just not in the budget. And still looking for one of the nights to open up at SF to make that feasible, so we may need to stay at CB.

georgina

DIS Veteran
Hotel question for meetup.
Looking for on-site meetup stay Fri/Sat/Sun for 4. Narrowed down to Cabana Bay or maybe Sapphire Falls.

I understand SF has a water taxi. Is it also walkable to the parks? How about walk-ability from CB to parks?

Husband needs an ECV in the parks, and it’s easier if he can also ride to/from hotel but not 100% necessary. Due to personal preference, ECV on buses is a no-go for us, but not a problem to take on water taxi.

We were spoiled with a stay at HRH last meet-up, but it’s just not in the budget. And still looking for one of the nights to open up at SF to make that feasible, so we may need to stay at CB.
I believe it is walkable from SF to the parks, I have never done it. ECV can go on the water taxi.

I have walked to parks from CB many times, it's about a mile. There is a walkway with a ramp that goes over the road and would be 100% accessible to the ECV

goofballs

Mouseketeer
Dropping a Friday 11/18 and Sunday 11/20 Sapphire Fall reservation (Standard 2Q) today. Was holding them to piece together a 3-day stay, but a lagoon view opened up for all 3 nights first.

LaDonna

DIS Veteran
If I wanna add another night stay for my Informer meet up do I need to call or can I just do that online, I was just wondering if then because it’s two different reservations they may have me switch rooms? just trying to save time by not calling

dina444444

DIS Veteran
If I wanna add another night stay for my Informer meet up do I need to call or can I just do that online, I was just wondering if then because it’s two different reservations they may have me switch rooms? just trying to save time by not calling
You can adjust your reservation online so long as the hotel has availability when you go to do so.

LaDonna

DIS Veteran
You can adjust your reservation online so long as the hotel has availability when you go to do so.
Ahhhh I had just figured that out, I was going in and playing with the reservation but darn it I had two reservations I needed to add another night to and unfortunately I guess they just had one room left so it won’t work for me anyways :(

goofballs

Mouseketeer
Ahhhh I had just figured that out, I was going in and playing with the reservation but darn it I had two reservations I needed to add another night to and unfortunately I guess they just had one room left so it won’t work for me anyways :(
I have made the reservations on line when they become available, then call in (I would wait until after Ian) and have them combine them into one reservation. Only downside is that each reservation requires a deposit. But when they stitched it together over the phone, they asked if I wanted the extra deposit applied to the reservation or refunded.
Rooms just have to be same category and promo.