***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

Hotel question for meetup.
Looking for on-site meetup stay Fri/Sat/Sun for 4. Narrowed down to Cabana Bay or maybe Sapphire Falls.

I understand SF has a water taxi. Is it also walkable to the parks? How about walk-ability from CB to parks?

Husband needs an ECV in the parks, and it’s easier if he can also ride to/from hotel but not 100% necessary. Due to personal preference, ECV on buses is a no-go for us, but not a problem to take on water taxi.

We were spoiled with a stay at HRH last meet-up, but it’s just not in the budget. And still looking for one of the nights to open up at SF to make that feasible, so we may need to stay at CB.

Hotel question for meetup.
Looking for on-site meetup stay Fri/Sat/Sun for 4. Narrowed down to Cabana Bay or maybe Sapphire Falls.

I understand SF has a water taxi. Is it also walkable to the parks? How about walk-ability from CB to parks?

Husband needs an ECV in the parks, and it’s easier if he can also ride to/from hotel but not 100% necessary. Due to personal preference, ECV on buses is a no-go for us, but not a problem to take on water taxi.

We were spoiled with a stay at HRH last meet-up, but it’s just not in the budget. And still looking for one of the nights to open up at SF to make that feasible, so we may need to stay at CB.
I believe it is walkable from SF to the parks, I have never done it. ECV can go on the water taxi.

I have walked to parks from CB many times, it's about a mile. There is a walkway with a ramp that goes over the road and would be 100% accessible to the ECV

Dropping a Friday 11/18 and Sunday 11/20 Sapphire Fall reservation (Standard 2Q) today. Was holding them to piece together a 3-day stay, but a lagoon view opened up for all 3 nights first.

If I wanna add another night stay for my Informer meet up do I need to call or can I just do that online, I was just wondering if then because it’s two different reservations they may have me switch rooms? just trying to save time by not calling

If I wanna add another night stay for my Informer meet up do I need to call or can I just do that online, I was just wondering if then because it’s two different reservations they may have me switch rooms? just trying to save time by not calling
You can adjust your reservation online so long as the hotel has availability when you go to do so.

You can adjust your reservation online so long as the hotel has availability when you go to do so.
Ahhhh I had just figured that out, I was going in and playing with the reservation but darn it I had two reservations I needed to add another night to and unfortunately I guess they just had one room left so it won’t work for me anyways :(

Ahhhh I had just figured that out, I was going in and playing with the reservation but darn it I had two reservations I needed to add another night to and unfortunately I guess they just had one room left so it won’t work for me anyways :(
I have made the reservations on line when they become available, then call in (I would wait until after Ian) and have them combine them into one reservation. Only downside is that each reservation requires a deposit. But when they stitched it together over the phone, they asked if I wanted the extra deposit applied to the reservation or refunded.
Rooms just have to be same category and promo.

To anyone who has been to a meetup in the past, are water bottles included with the food offerings? We are not soda drinkers and wondering if bottled water will be available.

To anyone who has been to a meetup in the past, are water bottles included with the food offerings? We are not soda drinkers and wondering if bottled water will be available.
Everything bottled is included :) But not til the meetup starts, carts may start serving sooner than hour after closing.

Everything bottled is included :) But not til the meetup starts, carts may start serving sooner than hour after closing.

Great! Thanks for that info. I want to carry the least amount of items for the night and don't want to have to bring bottled water.

First time attending. :) I booked our hotel with the OI discounted rate the first day they were available through the OI meetup website and received a confirmation email right away. When I go to check my reservation with the confirmation number, I receive the message "We apologize. We cannot locate your reservation. Please check your information and try again." Is this because it wasn't booked directly through the hotel's website? Just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my reservation. Thanks!

First time attending. :) I booked our hotel with the OI discounted rate the first day they were available through the OI meetup website and received a confirmation email right away. When I go to check my reservation with the confirmation number, I receive the message "We apologize. We cannot locate your reservation. Please check your information and try again." Is this because it wasn't booked directly through the hotel's website? Just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my reservation. Thanks!
Hmmm. Was the confirmation email directly from the resort? Are you entering the number on the Universal website? For some reason I don't always get my confirmation emails when I book, but I save a screen shot of the confirmation number and I can see my reservation now when I enter it. Might be worth a phone call.

I would call. I got the reservation e-mail back fairly quickly, and the confirmation number works when I check it. I changed my booking a few times, always through the OI link, and they all showed up on the Universal reservation page when I put in the confirmation. OI customer service is very responsive & helpful. Though this might be a Loews issue instead, not sure where you should start.

I just checked through the OI link based on your questions and it's showing up that way -- just not when I navigate from Loews website specifically. Thank you!!
Out of curiosity I just checked the loews website. My reservation doesn't show there either, I have always gone straight to the Universal site to check.

Gosh, my hotel reservation for the meetup is not showing up on the website either. (I’m trying the confirmation/last name lookup under “Information and Policies” on Universal Orlando’s website.)
Anybody else having problems?

DINING AT UNIVERSAL’S ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE:

PORT OF ENTRY
  • CINNABON® Center of the Roll and CinnaSweeties™
MARVEL SUPER HERO ISLAND®
  • CAFE 4 Cheese Pizza, Vegetable Pizza, and Pepperoni Pizza, Fettuccine Alfredo with Sliced Grilled Chicken, Chicken Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread Sticks, Strawberry Cheesecake
  • CAPTAIN AMERICA DINER® Bacon Cheeseburger, BBQ Burger, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, VEGAN Impossible Burger, Chicken Salad, Chicken Tenders, Served with French Fries and Chocolate or Vanilla Milkshakes
TOON LAGOON
  • BLONDIE’S Dagwood Sandwich, Foot Long Dog, Chili Dog, Chicago Dog, Chili Cheese Fries, Fruit Cup, Brookie
  • WIMPY’S Wellington Burger, VEGAN Supreme Cheeseburger, Chicken Fingers, Curly Fries, Dole Whip VEGAN Pineapple Sorbet
JURASSIC PARK
  • THUNDER FALLS TERRACE Roasted Pernil, Rotisserie Chicken, Rotisserie Chicken Salad, Raptor Wings, Mixed Green Salad, Key Lime Cheesecake
  • THE BURGER DIGS Casado Burger Slider, Herbivore Burger Slider, Spring Salad, Served with French Fries, Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • PIZZA PREDATTORIA Cheese Pizza, Meatlovers Pizza, and Pepperoni Pizza, Caesar Salad with Chicken
THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER™ - HOGSMEADE™
  • THREE BROOMSTICKS™ Shepherd’s Pie, Fish & Chips, VEGAN Mushroom Pie, Small Garden Salad, Apple Pie, Fruit Cup, Butterbeer™, Frozen Butterbeer™ Hot Butterbeer™
  • HOG’S HEAD™ PUB Butterbeer™, Pumpkin Juice™, Cash Bar Available
THE LOST CONTINENT
  • FIRE EATER’S GRILL Gyro, Chicken Fingers, Chicken Stingers, French Fries, and Chocolate Chip Cookie
SEUSS LANDING™
  • CIRCUS MCGURKUS CAFE STOO-PENDOUS™ Cheese Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza, Mini Pizza Tots, Mini VEGAN Tots, Chicken Caesar Salad, Apple Pie, Roast Beast Sandwich
  • HOP ON POP™ ICE CREAM SHOP Ice Cream Sundaes, Ice Cream Cones

Attachments

• Meetup nov18.pdf
    658.7 KB · Views: 16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter