** OI Meetup December 2021

dez1978

DIS Veteran
I hadn't seen a thread for this yet so I thought I'd create one. And since there are meetups scheduled 2 weekends in a row, maybe 1 thread would do for both weekends. I am going to my 1st meetup ever on Dec 3&4. Just a girls trip. I haven't been to Universal since 2013 and none of the rest of my group have ever been. I am super excited to go and see UO done up for Christmas. Even more excited to leave the kids home with dad for just a girls trip! Who else is going in December?

Nice thread!

We`re a maybe 🤞......if the borders are open to us in the UK, we`ll be there.

We have tickets for Dec 3rd meet.

OI very kindly allowed us to use the tickets we had purchased for December 2020 but obviously couldn`t travel due to Covid restrictions.

Looking forward to it, if we make it of course.

Sounds a lovely trip you have planned and we adore Christmas at Universal, you`ll have an absolute blast!

Thank you for starting this thread.

Dec 3-4 will be our first meetup and we are very excited!

Still trying to determine which on-site option will be best for our family of 4 (and our wallet).
We are staying at the Doubletree at the entrance. I have a ton of Hilton points so it doesn't cost me anything. I couldn't see spending onsite kind of money when I had that option lol. Now in MAy we are coming on an actual family vacation, so we are staying at hard rock

We'll be there Dec 3 & 4, first time for meetup. I had a ticket last Dec but cancelled due to covid. Snagged the great OI rate at RPR $165/nt. I do love Universal holiday stuff. DH is coming along but he is not as much of a rollercoaster fan these days. I have an AP so will be hitting the parks some during the day while he hangs out at the resort!

I went to the Spring meet in 2019 with a friend who had free tickets so I wasn't going to say no. Plus I thought my AP had expired so this would be my only time to explore the parks again. I loved the lack of lines on the rides except for the HP stuff and the restaurants were ghost towns as well. We eat a snack at Circus McGurkus and another snack at Thunder Falls Terrace. The only thing we were kind of surprised was the selection of food wasn't that great...yes it was free but we had hoped to have whatever we had during the day at the meet up too...but it didn't work out that way. Oh well...no big deal...we still had a great time but it's not worth for me since I have an AP. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

December 3rd and 4th will be my third December Meetup in a row. Staying at the Surfside for the first time as no discounted Cabana Bay rooms were available. Planning to do Epcot on Thursday prior to the Meetup and then taking Sunday as a beach day.

December 3rd and 4th will be my third December Meetup in a row. Staying at the Surfside for the first time as no discounted Cabana Bay rooms were available. Planning to do Epcot on Thursday prior to the Meetup and then taking Sunday as a beach day.
I'm doing the Xmas thing at MK on Thursday. So now I just have to figure out the best way to get back to UO at 1 am lol

I'm doing the Xmas thing at MK on Thursday. So now I just have to figure out the best way to get back to UO at 1 am lol
A couple of years ago I walked to Contemporary and got an Uber. I know they have tightened up with guests getting dropped off there to go to MK, but you may be able to get picked up there still.

I REALLY want to do the Christmas lights (Night of a Million Lights) at Give Kids the World Village. Not sure if we will have time. Arrive Thursday after 8 pm, Friday/Saturday meetup, and 9:30 pm flight on Sunday.

check it out if you have the time!

I am considering the breakfast buffet at The Kitchen on Sunday after 2 nights of meetups.
For those that have done meetups before, would this have been a good of bad idea? Any considerations I should think of? We are staying at the HRH on Saturday night. Family of 4 with 2 HS boys.

OI just announced that each night of the meet-up will include a $15 dining card per person good at dining locations in the park and citywalk.

Very excited for this (replaces the June meetup “bonus bite zones”. Now its time to research eligible snacks that might travel home well on the plane. Bonus if they are holiday-themed.

We'll be there Dec 10! This is my fourth meetup and my family's first. Only one night as we're leaving town on Saturday, but I'm super excited to share Meetups with them for the first time. ESPECIALLY since my Dad hasn't been to Uni in over a decade (which means he hasn't seen anything Potter yet - so much to show him!)

OI is gradually sharing more info on the meetups. Last week it was a specialty cocktail available for purchase each weekend. Looks like there may be some meetup apparel news today!
Have they been sending emails and I've just missed it? Or just on the facebook page?

Going to attend Dec 4th coming over from Germany! I am very excited that it works out with my trip dates :)

I haven’t received any additional information yet either. I just joined the FB group though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter